These are ready to go back up in the bucket truck.

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
These are the little non-EPA MS192 saws that are preferred over the newer ones. All of these were pretty major restores as need bearings, seals, some pistons etc. , but turned out good and ready to go back to work.

OVDmvXE.jpg

Bh7R5Zs.jpg

2HLDkI4.jpg

3CcIt7C.jpg

Got this little 5.2 pound saw to restore Echo cs-2511T. A pressure test showed a bad intake boot, so I replaced that along with the muffler to make a nice little saw. The muffler that comes on them with the baffle etc. they don't run very well but the replacement NON-cat muffler brings it to life.

iXOVIHV.jpg

3ZE4drK.jpg

Last edited:
A young person should be on your hip learning how to work on that stuff. Small engine guys are up around $80 and hour, here, and I bet 90% of their work is dirty carbs.

Usually, the saws I work on have done been taken to the dealer and if a simple fix they fix it. If it is more than a carb, broken handle or something simple the dealer repairman hands it back to them and tells them it is not worth fixing, if out of warranty. A neighbor got his Stihl weed eater repaired at the dealer and told me they put a new carb on. He said total $89. That is pretty good for 15 minutes work and a carb that cost the dealer around $20-$25 as they sell them to me for $35. Labor cost is out of hand as most things are not that hard to fix. Getting a tractor worked on is unreal prices also.

Usually, the saws I work on have done been taken to the dealer and if a simple fix they fix it. If it is more than a carb, broken handle or something simple the dealer repairman hands it back to them and tells them it is not worth fixing, if out of warranty. A neighbor got his Stihl weed eater repaired at the dealer and told me they put a new carb on. He said total $89. That is pretty good for 15 minutes work and a carb that cost the dealer around $20-$25 as they sell them to me for $35. Labor cost is out of hand as most things are not that hard to fix. Getting a tractor worked on is unreal prices also.
Yes, a guy a couple years older than me was a compressor mechanic which pays very good buy they run you hard. He left that and opened his own business. He will do tractors, small engines, etc. If he is comfortable with it he will do it. A lit of shredder blades, bearings, ujoints, etc. Last time I talked to him $120 and he is snowed under. He picks and chooses who he works for.

Yes, a guy a couple years older than me was a compressor mechanic which pays very good buy they run you hard. He left that and opened his own business. He will do tractors, small engines, etc. If he is comfortable with it he will do it. A lit of shredder blades, bearings, ujoints, etc. Last time I talked to him $120 and he is snowed under. He picks and chooses who he works for.

Good post as there is good money working on equipment as I have thought seriously about trying tractors/equipment. A couple around here stay busy.

Here is a saw I bought online a few days ago for $40 plus shipping. I had all the parts needed and this morning maybe an hour and it was tested and ready to go.

FgqiLFN.jpg

PT3gU5c.jpg

Last edited:
I wrench in the shop part time in the winter months, mainly farm tractor clutches and engine rebuilds. Also do some mobile service work on some logging equipment, then other misc heavy equipment. There is good money in it if you want to put in the work, I could easily make it a full time 40-50hr a week job.

I'm charging $100 an hour in the shop and turn down a lot of work. Keeps me out of trouble in the winter and pays for all the tools and equipment I buy for the shop. Lol

Here is a nice saw that had a hole broke in the right-side crankcase when I got it $172.50 plus the ride. Found a nice OEM PTO side case and it turned out good. The saw is like new and one of the best 60cc class saws made.

bYunGi4.jpg

rrzeuAr.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday it was zero wind chill and the roads solid ice, so I had some time to work on projects in the shop. I work on these if I have time like a lot of people's hobbies.

Here are an 036 and 038 I had in 5-gallon buckets in parts. I added a few parts, got it and a 038 Magnum running, tested and tuned yesterday. A lot of refurbishing on these and turned out nice. That 038 magnum feels like a horse of a saw running in your hands. It is between a Stihl 044 and a Stihl 046 power wise with a lot of torque.

036 parts

1J9Fjs7.jpg

TBDk6EL.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts