clamp on bucket forks

Help Support CattleToday:

I have never had a set of bolt-on, but from what I have heard they will warp your bucket pretty easy as all the weight/pressure is on the bottom of the bucket. The same thing with the bolt on bale spears. For light duty use probably would work okay. Those would probably cost half what a set of mounted forks would cost an in the long run the dedicated forks would be much better.

Last edited:
Lots of people like them. I borrowed a pair and struggled. I couldn't see them through the bucket. So when I would tilt the bucket down to get the forks level with the ground, it was easy to go too far, I ended up ripping the welded brackets right off of them. However, if you have a float function on your loader that issue may go away. Still tricky to see, but they will probably do what you need. I will say a pair of forks on a loader is the handiest thing since a pocket on a shirt. I eneded up making a set of dedicates fork. They rarely come off.

Lots of people like them. I borrowed a pair and struggled. I couldn't see them through the bucket. So when I would tilt the bucket down to get the forks level with the ground, it was easy to go too far, I ended up ripping the welded brackets right off of them. However, if you have a float function on your loader that issue may go away. Still tricky to see, but they will probably do what you need. I will say a pair of forks on a loader is the handiest thing since a pocket on a shirt. I eneded up making a set of dedicates fork. They rarely come off.
Regular quick connect pallet forks are hard for me to see over that long tractor nose.
I couldn't imagine on the bucket.

Anybody tried them? I just need a set for only a job or two. Do they stay on, last, pros and cons? Thanks
I have used them and one word of caution, use chains and chain binders to add extra strength so that the load does not bend or warp your bucket. There are lots of videos online on this.
It is harder to secure the load than with real pallet forks, but it does and can work.
I moved a 700lb wood stove over a mile with a set and had no problems.

Thanks to all. I know that they are not like the frame mounted type and sight would be limited. This one be to gently get things loaded and unloaded on a backhoe bucket once in a blue moon. I can see the need to chain them off and give extra support.

Thanks to all. I know that they are not like the frame mounted type and sight would be limited. This one be to gently get things loaded and unloaded on a backhoe bucket once in a blue moon. I can see the need to chain them off and give extra support.
I had a set of 5' long L shaped forks that pinned to the top of the bucket of a Case 450 back hoe/loader combo. The forks came out just below the cutting edge of the bucket. Brackets had been welded on to each side of the bucket, up on top to accept the 11/8"pins that held the forks on and the top of the bucket had been beefed up by welding in a piece of deep channel steel.
They worked great and I picked up and moved a LOT of heavy stuff with that old machine. Sometimes had to extend the backhoe out to act as a counterweight for the front load.
If I were doing a lot with it, had to chain down the forks to keep from flipping them backwards over the top of the bucket. Forgot to once, and they came down while I was moving forward and the forks punctured both front tires.

I had a set of 5' long L shaped forks that pinned to the top of the bucket of a Case 450 back hoe/loader combo. The forks came out just below the cutting edge of the bucket. Brackets had been welded on to each side of the bucket, up on top to accept the 11/8"pins that held the forks on and the top of the bucket had been beefed up by welding in a piece of deep channel steel.
They worked great and I picked up and moved a LOT of heavy stuff with that old machine. Sometimes had to extend the backhoe out to act as a counterweight for the front load.
If I were doing a lot with it, had to chain down the forks to keep from flipping them backwards over the top of the bucket. Forgot to once, and they came down while I was moving forward and the forks punctured both front tires.
Wow! I'd hate to face the two ruined tires. But at least you don't need a jack with a backhoe as it can lift itself. The stability for the forks to stay in the bucket is what had me concerned. I had a guy doing some work and he had forks that slid on a solid rod on top of the bucket. I just need to load one or two heavy items and maybe unload a truck from time to time.

Timely topic. I wish that I had some forks yesterday. I was lifting a large cable spool off the bed of the truck. It was placed there with a fork lift. When I got home with it, I rigged some ratchet straps around it and after much entertainment for my audience, finally managed it.

In the time it took me, I could've put socks on a rooster much faster and made it look boring.

Wow! I'd hate to face the two ruined tires. But at least you don't need a jack with a backhoe as it can lift itself. The stability for the forks to stay in the bucket is what had me concerned. I had a guy doing some work and he had forks that slid on a solid rod on top of the bucket. I just need to load one or two heavy items and maybe unload a truck from time to time.
I have seen them done that way as well and I suppose I could have used a long solid rod on mine too. It had the 2 individual pins when I got it so that's how I left it all those years.

Timely topic. I wish that I had some forks yesterday. I was lifting a large cable spool off the bed of the truck. It was placed there with a fork lift. When I got home with it, I rigged some ratchet straps around it and after much entertainment for my audience, finally managed it.

In the time it took me, I could've put socks on a rooster much faster and made it look boring.
Argyle socks for roosters? :unsure:

"once in a blue moon" is the ideal way to use them. I have a pair. They can be handy for a particular circumstance, but they are limited similar to what everyone on this thread have pointed out.

Latest posts