Star Lake Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
Anyone going to br there on friday night? If so say hi if you dee me. You are all wondering how will I know him. Not saying I will be the only one wearing a hat but I possibly will be the only one with a purple cast on my right arm. Thanks to a cow that qwill be leaving this world as we know it as soon as the withdrawal time is up on her treatment.

Frankie":2jf6swa5 said:
It's scheduled to be broadcast on RFD TV on Saturday.

This year they are also webcasting the sale on liveauctions.tv.

I prefer that because you not only get to see the video, but a live picture of the sale ring as well.

George

vs_cattle":1zrsjn9s said:
The cattle sold at high prices so I guess it went real well

There's a reason they do. Great cattle- they never cease to amaze me with their cattle.

I was surprised that Jeff didn't beat me to this. When at Star lake on Saturday we went into the pastures and looked at Online.

oakcreekfarms":26xzj587 said:
I was surprised that Jeff didn't beat me to this. When at Star lake on Saturday we went into the pastures and looked at Online.

Quoting Mark Twain: "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated!"

How'd he look?

George

oakcreekfarms":37s05unp said:

Of all the cattle I have ever seen in photos, Online is the best Polled Hereford I have ever seen. I eagerly wait for your detailed in depth play by play. Any other look strong like Online? What is the current story on Online?

oakcreekfarms":1evronhp said:

Well I was tired when I got home last night. He, Online, looked close to 2600-3000 lbs. He was huge. He could hardly walk watched him step up on a concrete pad to get a drink from cattle waterer. It took him about three minutes for each step. Matt can correct me if time is off. He was in a trap with two other bulls probably about 30 - 40 acres. If you like one nutted bulls then he is the bull for you. I have one daughter of his that I like but I dont see myself using a son any time soon. His picture is digitally flipped in his ad pics took us a minute to confirm his markings

oakcreekfarms":2qfnaoo6 said:

Don't tell me you forgot your camera at home :shock:

Is he really one nutted? Degeneration?

How much muscle and how much fat?

As much surgery as Online has had on that sack, I am surprised he has ANY nuts left. I am glad to hear that he is still alive. Hopefully time and the good Lord will return him to production soon.

Brandonm2":2z97i3yn said:
As much surgery as Online has had on that sack, I am surprised he has ANY nuts left. I am glad to hear that he is still alive. Hopefully time and the good Lord will return him to production soon.

Is that the goal?
I know it would be if he was my bull. What are the realistic chances of him producing good semen?
MD

I believe he herniated a couple of years ago. The way he was walking he won't cover cows very soon, maybe he had just got in a fight or something, it's hard to tell

As much money as has been spent on his medical care and as much money as his semen is worth, he wouldn't ever cover another cow if it were me making the decisions. I think the goal definitely has to be to get him back to where they can collect viable semen off of him. THAT has been the problem. Even if the stuff is too low quality to sell, I would be tempted to try it out on a few on-farm flushes.

HerefordSire":svz9mk30 said:
Of all the cattle I have ever seen in photos, Online is the best Polled Hereford I have ever seen. I eagerly wait for your detailed in depth play by play. Any other look strong like Online? What is the current story on Online?

HerefordSire, remember this post you made to me? :?:

Before you answer the above, consider this: how many people on this board besides THG knew that Remitall Patriot died? How many people on this board besides THG knew the cause of Remitall Online's death? How many people on this board besides THG knew STAR OBF Bogart had a small top?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Of course this is my personal favorite! :lol:

See? We are all trashy to a degree and full of sin. I am embarassed what goes through my mind sometimes. I am here to learn, make a couple of lifetime friendships, and maybe a make couple of business partnerships. By THG not being around, the knowledge for me here is reduced to half.
:eek: :shock: :eek:

If I owned Online, as long as he wasn't in too much pain, I'd keep him going for two reasons. The faint hope that I might still get some viable semen from him AND the possiblity of cloning him when (if?) that becomes "acceptable".

He's one of very few Herefords that I feel would be worth that cost.

George

Latest posts