Star Lake Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

George

You made me chuckle out loud three times in that post.
Must be a record???? :shock:

Yep I would clone Online even if it wasnt "acceptable".

But thats me.
MD

redfornow":1qjf8y5d said:
George

You made chuckle out loud three times in that post.
Must be a record???? :shock:

Yep I would clone Online even if it wasnt "acceptable".

But thats me.
MD

:lol: redfornow, I figure someone needs to perpetuate the a$$holian race! Today(most days? :lol: ), it's me!

I couldn't resist!

George

Its not just you. :shock:
You are maybe alittle more direct about it than some.
If no one else got your point I did....

MD

KNERSIE":3azptvlr said:
oakcreekfarms":3azptvlr said:
I was surprised that Jeff didn't beat me to this. When at Star lake on Saturday we went into the pastures and looked at Online.

Don't tell me you forgot your camera at home :shock:

Is he really one nutted? Degeneration?

How much muscle and how much fat?

I am with you Knersie, I would love to see a photo of the big guy. All most know about him is his dressed up shot.
I will be the first to admit the photo of him that we all have seen is about as good as a bull can look.

Its like seeing a photo shoot of a model then see that same girl after a night of drinking??? :roll:
They dont look the same.
MD

George...

I seen your type before...always picking on vulnerable people like you have no sin at all. Why? Do you get a thrill out of it? Make you feel like a 6'5" bully? THG may be weak now and one day he may be strong. Likewise, I may be weak now and I may be strong one day. Regardless, you are showing your true character for all to see and I can see you and your groupies that like to make fun of people likely don't have much of a future, at least in heaven. On the financial side, I am buying naked calls on THG and buying naked puts on your and your groupies. :p :p :p :p :p

Some people dont like to be quoted....

HS,
if you are going to make stupid statements expect someone to call you on them.
I would have repected you more if you would have just said
"got me"

Oh well,

MD

redfornow":dwb6m95a said:
Some people dont like to be quoted....

HS,
if you are going to make stupid statements expect someone to call you on them.
I would have repected you more if you would have just said
"got me"

Oh well,

MD

Where I placed the Online THG comment...immediately below I wrote something to the effect..."if it is true..."

George took my words out of context. I was framed. :cboy:

Herefords.US":dbdecdut said:
HerefordSire":dbdecdut said:
Of all the cattle I have ever seen in photos, Online is the best Polled Hereford I have ever seen. I eagerly wait for your detailed in depth play by play. Any other look strong like Online? What is the current story on Online?

HerefordSire, remember this post you made to me? :?:

Before you answer the above, consider this: how many people on this board besides THG knew that Remitall Patriot died? How many people on this board besides THG knew the cause of Remitall Online's death? How many people on this board besides THG knew STAR OBF Bogart had a small top?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Of course this is my personal favorite! :lol:

See? We are all trashy to a degree and full of sin. I am embarassed what goes through my mind sometimes. I am here to learn, make a couple of lifetime friendships, and maybe a make couple of business partnerships. By THG not being around, the knowledge for me here is reduced to half.
:eek: :shock: :eek:

If I owned Online, as long as he wasn't in too much pain, I'd keep him going for two reasons. The faint hope that I might still get some viable semen from him AND the possiblity of cloning him when (if?) that becomes "acceptable".

He's one of very few Herefords that I feel would be worth that cost.

George

This reminds me that I need to do my best to stay in your good books, George ;-)

Herefordsire, from what I have read in George's posts and also the few times we have communicated privately, he is not a vindictive bully type, pretty much the opposite. He got bitten once and is now twice shy.

I don't really think there are any groupies amongst the hereford breeders that post on this board, we don't always agree, sometimes we even argue, but it all ends in good spirit.

Difference in opinion will give us genetic variety and that is essential to keep any breed alive.

I knew this was going to start. He looked very good, could have been about 300lbs or more less. His picture is what he still looks like with a little extra condition.

Question for those that are posting: why would you really want to use him after his herniation problems. Regardless of the quality females that he has produced is anyone else afraid of using a one nutted bull that has a hard time walking at 6 years of age. He was born in 2001. Also does anyone further have a problem with the fact that one of his most noted sons isn't able to collect viable semen and he is right at 4 years old. Just wondering what others thoughts are.

Nortex: Not sure if that is good or bad, I thought that I had some decent things before. Maybe this one is just above and beyond. :D

oakcreekfarms":3jlfvmi7 said:
Question for those that are posting: why would you really want to use him after his herniation problems. Regardless of the quality females that he has produced is anyone else afraid of using a one nutted bull that has a hard time walking at 6 years of age. He was born in 2001. Also does anyone further have a problem with the fact that one of his most noted sons isn't able to collect viable semen and he is right at 4 years old. Just wondering what others thoughts are.

I probably wouldn't/won't use Online. I'm having a hard time staying away from using a couple of his sons though, because they sire/are the kind of cattle I'd like to have, phenotypically, and the EPDs are a plus as well. I've been very "John Kerry-ish" about them, flip-flopping back and forth in my thoughts.

Being a bit of a devil's advocate here, how much of Online's problem is related to the fact that he was pushed hard almost from his very beginning? I've heard of a FEW sons that have had similar problems, but Moler's injury is totally unrelated.

When I saw Online in Denver in 2003, I considered him the most magnificent Hereford bull that I've seen in real life. Still do!

Considering that he has 1400 progeny recorded, a few problems would be expected.

His daughters in production are really proving themselves as well.

I've been waiting for some breeder to have the "cojones" to linebreed Online top and bottom and see what happens. That's not Star Lake's style, but there's got to be other breeders that have enough Online genetics in their herd to do it.

George

Herefords.US":3vlxo1la said:
oakcreekfarms":3vlxo1la said:

I probably wouldn't/won't use Online. I'm having a hard time staying away from using a couple of his sons though, because they sire/are the kind of cattle I'd like to have, phenotypically, and the EPDs are a plus as well. I've been very "John Kerry-ish" about them, flip-flopping back and forth in my thoughts.

Being a bit of a devil's advocate here, how much of Online's problem is related to the fact that he was pushed hard almost from his very beginning? I've heard of a FEW sons that have had similar problems, but Moler's injury is totally unrelated.

When I saw Online in Denver in 2003, I considered him the most magnificent Hereford bull that I've seen in real life. Still do!

Considering that he has 1400 progeny recorded, a few problems would be expected.

His daughters in production are really proving themselves as well.

I've been waiting for some breeder to have the "cojones" to linebreed Online top and bottom and see what happens. That's not Star Lake's style, but there's got to be other breeders that have enough Online genetics in their herd to do it.

George
I saw him as a calf. He was a good rip.

HerefordSire":1vfzdqmw said:
George...

I seen your type before...always picking on vulnerable people like you have no sin at all. Why? Do you get a thrill out of it? Make you feel like a 6'5" bully? THG may be weak now and one day he may be strong. Likewise, I may be weak now and I may be strong one day. Regardless, you are showing your true character for all to see and I can see you and your groupies that like to make fun of people likely don't have much of a future, at least in heaven. On the financial side, I am buying naked calls on THG and buying naked puts on your and your groupies. :p :p :p :p :p

Since I already called myself an a$$hole for posting it, I'll accept your retort in the spirit it was intended, HS.

I can understand you buying the naked calls on THG - you really seem to like "long shots"!

As for buying a "put" on ME, heck, that's a pretty safe bet! For one thing, I'm an "old phart" that's starting something that I probably will never live long enough to see the fruit of, unless I'm really lucky! On top of that, my program would probably be deemed as crazy as yours is by most breeders!

Now my groupies? I don't even have a band!

George

oakcreekfarms":rlkklce3 said:
I knew this was going to start. He looked very good, could have been about 300lbs or more less. His picture is what he still looks like with a little extra condition.

Oak,

The real question to me is "how/why was online injured"
If it was an accident. That has NO basis on the genetics of his progeny.
There is alot of spin in sales, so the truth is hard to pin down.
Only those that were there when he was injured really know how it went down.

I have gone back and forth on a grandson.
So time will tell. Its a tough call.

MD

Herefords.US":2v2d15zi said:
Now my groupies? I don't even have a band!

George

Exactly, I always thought a "groupie" was a young woman of little sense and less morals who compensates for her feelings of loneliness and inadequacy by latching on to 'popular' persons like muscians, sports stars, and actors. If you got some that look halfway decent you would like to get rid of....just ship them to Alabama.

On Online, I think the proof is in the pasture. If I had a kid who wanted to breed a Hereford heifer to take to a show, Online and CS Boomer are pretty safe bets (if you can get the semen). If I was breeding cattle that actually had to work for a living, I would probably pass on Online (for now). From the numbers that are coming in......Online looks like he is representing pretty well wherever he is used.

Brandonm2":1puhgvt3 said:
On Online, I think the proof is in the pasture. If I had a kid who wanted to breed a Hereford heifer to take to a show, Online and CS Boomer are pretty safe bets (if you can get the semen). If I was breeding cattle that actually had to work for a living, I would probably pass on Online (for now). From the numbers that are coming in......Online looks like he is representing pretty well wherever he is used.

Have you ever seen CS Boomer's dam? I have not but have been told recently by a couple of trusted cattle breeders that I know that she had a terrible udder. I have one 29F daughter that has blown out her front right teat, coke bottle teat. She did this on her first calf. I will not buy another 29F daughter. I saw several at the two sales that looked like their udders would do the same as mine in the near future ie a couple more calves. That is not something that I want to perpetuate in my herd or breed. I want old cows with pretty udders not broken down suspension or coke bottle teats.

the fact that one of his most noted sons isn't able to collect viable semen and he is right at 4 years old.

Oakcreek who would that bull be just out of curiousity

S&S Farms":16y2my80 said:
Have you ever seen CS Boomer's dam? I have not but have been told recently by a couple of trusted cattle breeders that I know that she had a terrible udder. I have one 29F daughter that has blown out her front right teat, coke bottle teat. She did this on her first calf. I will not buy another 29F daughter. I saw several at the two sales that looked like their udders would do the same as mine in the near future ie a couple more calves. That is not something that I want to perpetuate in my herd or breed. I want old cows with pretty udders not broken down suspension or coke bottle teats.

I never said CS Boomer was the kind of bull I would breed a hundred commercial cows too (even if the semen price was that cheap). I simply said that he and Online were can't miss sires if you wanted your kid to win a ribbon in his state Herford show. Devo is another in that category. I have no kid and no interest or ability in showing anything; BUT 'IF' you were playing THAT game, then like any other game either play it to win or don't enter the arena and I don't think you can argue with CS Boomer 29F's success in THAT game.

Brandonm2":307y6fdf said:
S&S Farms":307y6fdf said:

I never said CS Boomer was the kind of bull I would breed a hundred commercial cows too (even if the semen price was that cheap). I simply said that he and Online were can't miss sires if you wanted your kid to win a ribbon in his state Herford show. Devo is another in that category. I have no kid and no interest or ability in showing anything; BUT 'IF' you were playing THAT game, then like any other game either play it to win or don't enter the arena and I don't think you can argue with CS Boomer 29F's success in THAT game.

The line bred 29F bull I recently purchased from the STAR was for the purpose to cover the ET misses so I could create some BWF offspring. This is the first negative comment I have heard about 29F. Could it be the mating on the cow side generating the coke (pepsi) bottle teat and not 29F's dam?

Latest posts