Help Support CattleToday:

Who's got your vote for President?

• President George W. Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Senator John Kerry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
PATB":3ufremlu said:
Ask the national guardsmen, reserve and active duty military what they think of their commander and chief.

The wealth of knowledge on this board is truly as valuable as finding a good vet, a good Dr., and a good mechanic. Its priceless. However, I read this thread this morning and this particular quote stuck in my craw all day. You see, the brains and brawn behind this humble cattle operation of ours is a National Guardsman.

I can tell you of the frustration nearly to tears a year ago because, as he so elloquently put it, "Guys are dying over there, and I can't get there to do my job." This soldier of mine served in the original Gulf War under Bush SR. and was honored to do so then. He views it as unfortunate that his current Guard unit was not slated to go to the desert, so he volunteered for his recent tour in Bosnia because "His President needed him" and that is all it took. He left a burgeoning cattle business during hunting season no less, because "his president needed him". He missed all the major holidays at home; Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, because his President needed him. He's missing calving season this year, because his President needed him, and he believes it is not only his duty, but his honor to serve for GW. As a matter of fact, his whole unit volunteered for this tour.

I can assure you that he would much prefer to be home running the cows, hunting, fishing, and kicking back on the front porch with an "iced tea" at the end of the day, but he truly believes doing his duty under the shawl of character, honor, and integrity that GW personifies is worth the sacrifice. His President needed him, and his country needed him, and thank the good Lord that there are guys out there willing to sacrifice so much so you too can freely speak your mind.

So yes, PATB, lets ask our national Guardsmen what they think of their "Boss" as they so fondly like to refer to him. You might be suprised at their response.

My apologies ya'll. I've had a whole day to think about this one, and am so very proud of the work my soldier is doing, I just had to say my piece. Fortunately for ya'll, this only scratches the surface. It doesn't even begin to describe what the families and friends at home sacrifice because of the sense of loyalty and duty our soldiers, National Guardsmen and Reservists alike, have for their contry and this President of ours. However, we at home respect the sense of honor and duty our soldiers have for their country and its President, and believe that willingly making that sacrifice supports our president, our country, and our deployed loved ones. The wolf didn't just growl at our door on 9/11, it broke in and slaughtered what it found there. GW had the testicular fortitude to take the hunt to the wolf. I for one am glad that he's riding shotgun.

TR

Well said. Too many of the people in the military, either regular or national guard view it as a way to get an education, a few extra bucks but they're not the ones that view their service as a service to their country but as a means to an end. They do rise to the needs but not for the reasons I feel are right.
As one of those peculiar folks that did my time because it was what was right for the country, I salute "your soldier"!

dun

TR":33061z9l said:
PATB":33061z9l said:
Ask the national guardsmen, reserve and active duty military what they think of their commander and chief.

The wealth of knowledge on this board is truly as valuable as finding a good vet, a good Dr., and a good mechanic. Its priceless. However, I read this thread this morning and this particular quote stuck in my craw all day. You see, the brains and brawn behind this humble cattle operation of ours is a National Guardsman.

I can tell you of the frustration nearly to tears a year ago because, as he so elloquently put it, "Guys are dying over there, and I can't get there to do my job." This soldier of mine served in the original Gulf War under Bush SR. and was honored to do so then. He views it as unfortunate that his current Guard unit was not slated to go to the desert, so he volunteered for his recent tour in Bosnia because "His President needed him" and that is all it took. He left a burgeoning cattle business during hunting season no less, because "his president needed him". He missed all the major holidays at home; Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, because his President needed him. He's missing calving season this year, because his President needed him, and he believes it is not only his duty, but his honor to serve for GW. As a matter of fact, his whole unit volunteered for this tour.

I can assure you that he would much prefer to be home running the cows, hunting, fishing, and kicking back on the front porch with an "iced tea" at the end of the day, but he truly believes doing his duty under the shawl of character, honor, and integrity that GW personifies is worth the sacrifice. His President needed him, and his country needed him, and thank the good Lord that there are guys out there willing to sacrifice so much so you too can freely speak your mind.

So yes, PATB, lets ask our national Guardsmen what they think of their "Boss" as they so fondly like to refer to him. You might be suprised at their response.

My apologies ya'll. I've had a whole day to think about this one, and am so very proud of the work my soldier is doing, I just had to say my piece. Fortunately for ya'll, this only scratches the surface. It doesn't even begin to describe what the families and friends at home sacrifice because of the sense of loyalty and duty our soldiers, National Guardsmen and Reservists alike, have for their contry and this President of ours. However, we at home respect the sense of honor and duty our soldiers have for their country and its President, and believe that willingly making that sacrifice supports our president, our country, and our deployed loved ones. The wolf didn't just growl at our door on 9/11, it broke in and slaughtered what it found there. GW had the testicular fortitude to take the hunt to the wolf. I for one am glad that he's riding shotgun.

I too, salute your soldier.
We need more like him instead of the whiners running off to England as one of our Commander and Chiefs did.

SALUTE TO THE MEN of the RED WHITE WHITE and BLUE

WIN BUSH WIN

Wouldn't it be nice if the election would go like Jakes "mini" Poll is going.

WIN BUSH WIN

TR":1cbncs71 said:
PATB":1cbncs71 said:

just wanted to add my salute as well & hope he returns safe & sound. i am so very grateful to those who sacrifice so much & volunteer to serve their country so we can continue to live in the land of the free & home of the brave!

Ya'll are gonna make me cry with all your well-wishes. Thank you all. Its been a long and challenging 7 months for him (and for me), but we're on the short side of the deployment now, with homecoming right at the 21 day mark. This will no doubt be the longest 3 weeks in the history of the world, and I can't wait to hand the reins of this dog and pony show, er cow and calf operation back over to him when he gets home! ......just waiting to exhale........

I plan on tossing aside the gas prices when I go to get him upon arrival, and loading up the truck with an iced-down cooler of frosty adult beverages (something he hasn't seen in 7 months), picnic supplies (something traditionally Tex-mex), cattle cubes and a couple of sleeping bags as there is no doubt, he'll be wanting to see his girlies first thing and sleep close to his native Texas soil upon his return, so he can wake up to the sweet smell of freedom his first morning back. Or will that be the sweet smell of his cows! lol! Either way, that freedom seems so much more precious when you've spent time 'behind the wire' on base, with an M16 strapped to you 24/7, and being surrounded by a people to whom freedom is still but a dream. At least they have that hope now.

Jake":ld8i4bnc said:
Frankie":ld8i4bnc said:
I see that at least one other Cattle Today poster agrees with me. I'm not going to get into an extended political discussion here, but let me make a few points:

1. We went from a $Trillion budget SURPLUS to a multi-$Trillion budget DEFICIT in less than three years.

2. Approximately 2.5 million jobs have been lost since GW Bush became president.

3. I haven't had a decent return on stock market investments since he became president.

4. The changes in Medicare are going to be very expensive for many elderly like my mother in law. She's very healthy, but will pay the higher premiums anyway.

5. Thousands of people dead in Iraq. No weapons of WMD.

All I have to say about Iraq is go talk to a soldier that fought over there and see how bad it was...

IS there is no end in sight and Democracy will never take hold. I voted for Bush in the last election, I WON'T make the same mistake again.

D.R. Cattle":2uio4np5 said:
And we understand your lack of comprehension.

No other president since Vietnam has spewed so many lies that cost so many dollars and so many lives to push his fathers and his oil buddies agendas.

You're entitled to that opinion. No argument from me. But anyone that thinks John Fairy is a real candidate and is actually capable of running a country needs a reality check. Supporting him is based solely on dislike for Bush. That guy is a queer lover. He can't even support himself without some rich woman to take care of him. He backs Bush as a Senator, and runs away like a dog with his tail tucked when political agenda comes into the picture. Every word from his mouth is a lie. Him and ole' Bill Clinton must be brothers. Oops I forgot. They are brothers by party. No offense BP, I just think Kerry is a joke.

TR... Tell your Soldier I said "HOOAH"...and thank you....My son is in the infantry and is on his way to the Sunni Triangle to carry on the fight...better to be fighting there than to have to do it here. I retired after 21 years because I refused to serve under clinton.

live in NE ohio rust belt. don't tell me about jobs. real unempl. ran 22% in youngstown during DEMOCRAT pres reign. current national empl is about 5.6 or 8 which would be considered full employment if we had a dem in office. jobs are here if youre willing to show up and actually do something! HOWEVER YOU MIGHT HAVE TO MOVE OR GET DIRTY. $25/hr unskilled died with the steel mills long before Bush got elected. Buy American!

I was a Rep. in my youth Nixon,Reagan, but did not care much for Bush Daddy though. Spent Six years in the U.S.M.C. been in a combat experience. I do not like Clinton, and Kerry is just another politican with no hope of winning.... But this Bush Baby really sucks...I hear some bragging about his anti-aboration, his pro gun , a good christan man. I serious doubt it, less see pro- death , killing thousands of people (women and children) , oil friends getting rich... Holding many americans in jail without the right to a lawyer, If Nixon was a crook, what the hell is Baby Bush....I hope you Bush supporters have got lots of money you are going to need it....READ MY LIPS NO NEW TAXES.....His next four years is going to cost you. Like father like son... we will see.... All - less not forget the U.S. surpream court made him president not the people, not the state of fl.
I I just wish the people that vote for his sorry behind are the ones that had to pay of his mistakes and not the rest of us.....ALF

you can't blame Bush for your poor choices in the stock market. Last year has been one of the best in a long time, i got a return of 28% on my mutual funds for the year. Bush took over Clintons problems, no president can make a big difference in 4 years and things that they do in their 4 or 8 years affects the one that folow them. JMHO

Latest posts