Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":292muk24 said:
im not sure if yer being a wisea$$ or not but Im ok either way. ill give him til hes a yr and if I don't like how he turns out ill buy one from frznel
Just messin' with you. :lol2:

I couldn't afford either one of those hereford rascals but it would be nice having them in the pasture for a couple of months. :D :D

TexasBred":1hvp9jr1 said:
dieselbeef":1hvp9jr1 said:
im not sure if yer being a wisea$$ or not but Im ok either way. ill give him til hes a yr and if I don't like how he turns out ill buy one from frznel

I KNEW IT! its all good

so im gonna ask how to feed him out to get the most results. got a 38% protein block out. free choice salt/water/hay/9% pellets. on good grass. thick and green..all I need now is time right?

Two year old JMS Victor 967 202 sired by the 671 967 bull posted earlier. Both sire and son had REA/cwt of 1.41

dieselbeef":3fv6i8ft said:
TexasBred":3fv6i8ft said:
dieselbeef":3fv6i8ft said:

I KNEW IT! its all good

so im gonna ask how to feed him out to get the most results. got a 38% protein block out. free choice salt/water/hay/9% pellets. on good grass. thick and green..all I need now is time right?
I'd not bother with the block. Just go with the pellets and good grass.

These aren't the most flattering pictures, especially of the yearling, they don't show his width at all, but he has really got a nice arse.. I'll be using him on my heifers since the Limo has a definitely too high BW for them (3 of 4 needed help, 2 of those required the calf jack... 80-108 lbs on heifers is too much).. The young one had a 95 lb birthweight, which is well below herd average for mature cows having bull calves... I guess I'm gonna find out!.. Small one measured at 30cm scrotal at about 11 months, they don't hang down much though, The limo was about 32cm at 3 years old, but he displays them a whole lot more.

Nesikep, you're asking for a train wreck. A cross bred bull can throw a really big calf. And with the size cows you have, what makes you think he'll work on heifers?

highgrit, I just don't think I have anything to lose considering the PB limo really is totally unsafe for heifers, the other one was at the lower end of BW average for our herd and comes from a really good calving ease line, he's worth a shot, and I have to split my herd for grazing reasons anyhow.

Tistis, that blond bull looks like a younger version of mine... Is he Limo? Black one looks pretty slick, but from what I see perhaps I would say he's a bit lighter boned.

tis tis

I don't know how you can get by with a boat in your pasture with bulls. My would be all over it and trust me it wouldn't be pretty. I think it would be a play toy for them for sure.

gizmom

Have you VA guys ever looked into Knoll Crest Farm in Red House, VA? They have some pretty good Herefords, in fact they use a lot of the Revolution and On Target genetic lines that we have been using lately along with some other pretty proven Hereford lines too. They do fall and spring calving so they usually have 2 sales a year.[/quote]

Knollcrest is where Double V and I bought our current Gelbvieh bull. He was the last son of their famous Kingpin bull that they ever raised.[/quote]

Their sale was April 11th. I went over the sale book so many times and watched the videos. Like a kid in a toy store. Every sale they have I come to my senses in realizing that's a whole different league and no need for me to attend. I'd come home feeling like the kid that didn't find any presents under the tree. The sale reports are coming out soon and I'm anxious to see where the Waylon angus bulls sold. Top of the line bull crop in all breeds presented.[/quote]

Now I know. If not mistaken lot 19 sold for 26K.

Latest posts