Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

He is a good looking bull EC wish he was in my pasture. Nice bull Taurus ever since the first time I saw a BB at the Houston Livestock Show I have found them interesting to look at.

Thank you! My neighbors are working on to produce Belgian Blue/Angus composite cows for commercial purposes. The Angus x BB calves they have are super nice but they are not double muscled. I am planning to add some BB crosses cows to our herd soon.

Nice to see some older bulls you have.
Here are mine, enjoy and judge them.

Jeroen.

Fleckvieh x bull, 2 years old.

Purebred limo, 16 months old.

Good looking group. They are really muscling up. They have huge forearms, I love that on a bull. Usually that goes with a great muscled shoulders.
The fence that appears to have eyebolts in it. Is this an electric fence or a regular fence? I don't mean to get off topic, but it is a really neat fence and I notice the bull is staying clear of it.

I'm quite certain it's hot, we have the same insulated eyelets on ours.

I think the limo looks shortish, but he's also got his head down eating which may have a lot to do with it, the Fleckveih looks thick, especially for a 2 year old.

Here's my home raised bull calf, and I'm on the fence about him.. he's not looking as thick as his brother was, but part of that is because he's growing taller too.. he'll probably spend the winter with the steers and end up as freezer beef next fall, maybe if I feel the need to split my herd he'll have a small group of cows (probably heifers and 2nd calvers), he was well below herd average BW (85 lbs VS 100 lb average for bulls), and looks like he'll probably be about 20-50 lbs above herd average for steer WW.. he's not a slouch, just shows his Saler influence (1/8th) more than his GV (1/2)
He's 117 days old
20140805_102442_zps32166728.jpg

Nesikep-----I just love the backgrounds in your pictures!

A year or so ago you posted a picture of some clouds that was really cool!

Katherine

was it "the invasion of the jellyfish"?.. All the clouds in the sky looked like giant jellyfish, it was very unusual.. We get some nice sunsets, but few interesting sunrises

Katherine,
I know what you mean on Nesikep's pictures. Sometimes I think he does that to be cruel.
It's like what Texasbred said earlier about the old Western's. It must be a fake drop.

Nesikep, take a picture of the other side. :lol2: :lol2:

P1010871_zpsbfeb773f.jpg

P1010868_zps57a85b0b.jpg

I used this fella the last couple of years, have had some pretty fancy calves off him. He is for sale locally currently or I will keep him around as a spare. Was thinking of sending him to Bez this spring, but then he went black, so all hope is likely lost there.

P1010848_zps1bb3b0bd.jpg

Was going to keep this 2 year old for myself, but a neighbor shelled out some cash and he is now covering 41 cows for him.

Not the best pics as I was busy loading out bulls for delivery. I haven't got around to posting pics of the new bulls running with the cows yet, but I will soon.

dieselbeef":lcyv7jf4 said:
yeah..love them soda apples..but what i grow best is dog fennel. sand spurs dont bother me too much i usually just tuck my penis into my boots...probly bothers the bull tho
What the heck are soda apples,dog fennel and sand spurs?

yeah..love them soda apples..but what i grow best is dog fennel. sand spurs dont bother me too much i usually just tuck my penis into my boots...probly bothers the bull tho

If you can tuck your penis into your boots I think I ought to be jealous, and the bulls too!

You may be jealous of the scenery, but I am jealous of folks who don't need to spend 4 hours a day walking and changing pipes to keep it green... if a sprinkler jams up you'll see it get dry before you get over it again, which is usually every 3 weeks

Nesikep":24lvy367 said:

If you can tuck your penis into your boots I think I ought to be jealous, and the bulls too!

You may be jealous of the scenery, but I am jealous of folks who don't need to spend 4 hours a day walking and changing pipes to keep it green... if a sprinkler jams up you'll see it get dry before you get over it again, which is usually every 3 weeks
Our problem is too much water.. I'm still going around wet spots while shredding. The weeds are getting away from me.

What the heck are soda apples,dog fennel and sand spurs?[/quote]

wish i could say the same thing..invasive non natives pita's..

lets not get off topic about the penis thing..might be too much for this board..get it..too much..bwahhaaha :banana: :lol: :lol: :lol: i kill me sometimes..bwahhaa

Hi,

The wire is hot and the eyebolts are insulated.
Cows and bulls have alot of respect for the wire the wire.
Have some pigs that dont have respect for the hot wire, use non barbed wire and some kind of woven plastic with metal wire.

Jeroen.

Latest posts