Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of Tim's kids;

Probably my favorite this year. Soggy and a great disposition. He is out of a daughter of Oz Govenor. and yes I would give him a better sheath but it seems to get tighter every day so I am not too worried.

75% Balancer out of Tim and an Atlas granddaughter on the left, same calf as last picture in the middle and a Tim heifer on the right sideways. I like the fact that he stamps them hard. I have a Tim heifer in Missouri that is an oct calf that looks just like them also out of a Lee Ann cow we bought at the Verner disposal sale. The little heifer at the far right is out of first calf heifer and a heifer bull from Filkowskis at Sega GV. She probably will not stay....too much calving ease!

Red Angus huh? Geez that's depressing. So many good Tarentaise cattle, if they don't have the dark pigments, Red Angus gets the credit. If they do have the dark pigments, they get accused of being part Jersey. sigh......

She's purebred Tarentaise, 15/16. Silver Ridge Tarentaise up in the Dakotas actually bred her, she shipped to Colorado in utero. Platte Valley Tarentaise is where she was born and branded. A link to her sire, if it works:
http://registry.americantarentaise.org/ ... ?id=205531

FYI - only fullbloods will always have the characteristic markings. Once you cross them out, you might not live long enough to get the dark pigments back consistently. But the outcross and breeding back up was worth it to bring in the polled trait.

MO_cows":1gppwtvy said:
Red Angus huh? Geez that's depressing. So many good Tarentaise cattle, if they don't have the dark pigments, Red Angus gets the credit. If they do have the dark pigments, they get accused of being part Jersey. sigh......

She's purebred Tarentaise, 15/16. Silver Ridge Tarentaise up in the Dakotas actually bred her, she shipped to Colorado in utero. Platte Valley Tarentaise is where she was born and branded. A link to her sire, if it works:
http://registry.americantarentaise.org/ ... ?id=205531

FYI - only fullbloods will always have the characteristic markings. Once you cross them out, you might not live long enough to get the dark pigments back consistently. But the outcross and breeding back up was worth it to bring in the polled trait.

Why? Did you mention Tarentaise? She's a deep soggy red cow and doesn't look continental. she looks RA.

From what you post, I consider you a good cattleman. You look at a photo where the foreground animals are very characteristically Tarentaise but still assume the other "deep soggy red cow" must be a Red Angus. That's depressing, discouraging. Maybe it's just the photo angle, that cow is quite long bodied, but it doesn't really show in that shot. Oh, and by the way, I really like your young Angus bull prospects. (insert tongue in cheek)

MO_cows":2ur7gklm said:
From what you post, I consider you a good cattleman. You look at a photo where the foreground animals are very characteristically Tarentaise but still assume the other "deep soggy red cow" must be a Red Angus. That's depressing, discouraging. Maybe it's just the photo angle, that cow is quite long bodied, but it doesn't really show in that shot. Oh, and by the way, I really like your young Angus bull prospects. (insert tongue in cheek)

I have seen RA cows with more "tarentaise breed characteristics than your Tarentaise cows. Jet black muzzles. It's not breed exclusive just breed indicative

BTw this is the most crap I ever got for complimenting a cow...........just keep her :mrgreen:

MO_cows":2sz3m8c0 said:

Good heavens Mo, the cow in question does favor a RA from the angle presented. And if there is one thing I've learned on this forum it's that lots of folks run mixed herds., heck one lady has a bunch that's so mixed up nobody can even hazard a guess as to what she's got.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread or abuse 3way. It's just a misconception that we deal with all the time and it gets old. Real old.

Get back to showing the bulls, there's been some good uns.

Oh, i know what i have.....One of the bulls, but oh what can he be????? Home grown or registered......only i know :lol:

This is my Bull in his working cloths. He has dropped some weight!!!

whecjq.png

Speaking of winter....my prediction is its going to be another bad one. We've had no summer and August 1st our whole place is under water. Last time that happened was 2009, 2010 we had a bad ice storm and it was a very very long winter.....he may not make it...
frozen cows 500 acres by cowgirls8, on Flickr

9 year old Beefmaster bull, Lasater 5021. He was purchased in the 2007 Lasater Ranch sale by Buster Beefmasters. He was the 3rd highest graded bull in the sale and son semen bull Lasater 3705. He's turned out quite alright and produced some nice females.

East Caney":33lw8es5 said:

9 year old Beefmaster bull, Lasater 5021. He was purchased in the 2007 Lasater Ranch sale by Buster Beefmasters. He was the 3rd highest graded bull in the sale and son semen bull Lasater 3705. He's turned out quite alright and produced some nice females.

Dang! his nuts are almost draggin the ground! Love this post, Y'all have some very impressive bulls.

IMG_20140802_174044_010_zpsc3a78a9f.jpg
One of my neighbor's Belgian Blue bulls. He is a 3 years old. He's actually 1/4 jersey. He is currently working on some commercial cows. I can't get him stand still with these peaky flies.

Tarus, it doesn't matter how he's standing. That is a fancy looking bull. With the Jersey mixed in, I bet that is some mighty fine eating.
Beautiful bull! :nod: I bet if he sells sides and quarters, the people keep coming back for the taste and tenderness.

Latest posts