Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch":32g5sduc said:

My most high maintenance bull, Bob. Feeling the love ;-)

Okay I haven't been in hot water on these boards for a few hours. :? Sorry Bob, that's an accident waiting to happen and get that lovely lady hurt big time...... Even with his gentle nudge. 2000 lbs plus pounds shoving a 120 LB's into and through her seat.

Thanks alawcowman! This would be our other senior Limi bull, Boot Jack Apollo. He is out of the same Magness bull and a Wulf bred cow. Both bulls are pictured at 2, and are now 5. Will have to track down some recent pics

This is our lead Angus bull at 2 years. He is nearly 6 now and I think he looks better than ever. He is a BR Midland out of a TC Freedom cow

Alan":3oson09c said:
TCRanch":3oson09c said:

My most high maintenance bull, Bob. Feeling the love ;-)

Okay I haven't been in hot water on these boards for a few hours. :? Sorry Bob, that's an accident waiting to happen and get that lovely lady hurt big time...... Even with his gentle nudge. 2000 lbs plus pounds shoving a 120 LB's into and through her seat.

I agree major accident waiting to happen. Seen a man get his face crushed when a Hereford bull tossed his head at flies.

Thanks, TennesseeTuxedo. We finally had to sell him last year because I couldn't retain any more heifers without inline. His docility rating was +14 BUT I was always aware that I could easily get hurt.

Boot Jack Bulls":27gho0if said:
This is our lead Angus bull at 2 years. He is nearly 6 now and I think he looks better than ever. He is a BR Midland out of a TC Freedom cow
I have always liked the midland bulls
I always ran Midland and Future Direction bulls and really liked the consistency of the calves and the hfrs made good replacements

Angus Cowman":2p89824j said:
Boot Jack Bulls":2p89824j said:
I have always liked the midland bulls
I always ran Midland and Future Direction bulls and really liked the consistency of the calves and the hfrs made good replacements

I like BR Midland for the fact that he gives the phenotype we are looking for, without giving up the growth. Our BR son (Boot Jack Maxxum) crosses really nicely with our purebred Limi females. He adds a bit of class, without taking away performance and frame score. In fact, the fawn Limi cow I posted in the "Cow Pictures" thread has son of Maxxum at side in the picture. That calf was a fall born who weaned at over 800 pounds and was over 1200 pounds at yearling on a forage only diet. Usually we would creep the calves a bit, but he was part of our first run of fall born calves, and we wanted to see how it would pan out with minimal input.

Boot Jack Bulls":tygnc52t said:

I'm not a big Angus fan, but I like that bull.

Rafter S":iepeinl7 said:
Boot Jack Bulls":iepeinl7 said:

How is it even possible not to be an Angus fan? I mean seriously?

Boot Jack Bulls":cecxakda said:

That's a very nice looking Bull.

TennesseeTuxedo":1y20x39b said:
Rafter S":1y20x39b said:
Boot Jack Bulls":1y20x39b said:

I like them just fine if you mix them with Brahman in a 5 to 3 ratio. :D

TennesseeTuxedo":19pamg2h said:
Rafter S":19pamg2h said:
Boot Jack Bulls":19pamg2h said:

I enjoy this thread. TT, after reviewing this Bull you should see what I was speaking of when I said I was not real satisfied with the one I posted way back.
Mine was not pure Angus he's a hybrid. Which to me is even more reason he should show thicker.
Boot Jack 's bull looks complete. Don't know anything about numbers but in looks alone I would be very happy with him.

Thanks everyone for you comments on our Max! I will try to dig up a newer picture of him, I know we pictured him this spring after his clip job and such. His registration number is AAA +16570126. I'm not sure what his EPDs look like recently. He sees most of his service on a large herd of commercial LimFlex females, so there would be data on very few offspring reported. He is currently on a herd of about 40 of these females owned by my brother right now. We considered selling him last year, but he does such a good job and still passes his BSE with flying colors, it would be hard to let him go and even harder to replace him. Thanks again for the great feedback!

Latest posts