Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":2jmac4kt said:
Nice bull 3 way. I like your fence looks nice.

Thanks Waco but that's not my fence. It belongs to a neighbor of my summer pasture. He has a fortune in race horses behind that fence....hence the lack of barbed wire.

3waycross":2jcmi9n7 said:
wacocowboy":2jcmi9n7 said:
Nice bull 3 way. I like your fence looks nice.

Thanks Waco but that's not my fence. It belongs to a neighbor of my summer pasture. He has a fortune in race horses behind that fence....hence the lack of barbed wire.

I thought it looked like horse fence.

Good looking bull 3Way.
I sure hope people are noticing the difference in the quality of bulls that are out there! From the "craigslist" bulls to bulls posted here, there is a huge range in quality.

Supadexta, what cross is that bull, or do you know? Love his length.

Yeah, he's 3/4 sim and 1/4 ang. I now know the breeder well. Bit of a story, but basically he got kicked out of the 2012 bull test sale for a wart on his pecker, and went to the sale barn. I picked him up originally for meat prices, but once I got him home and looked him over, I decided to keep him (was gonna throw him in my feed yard originally). Got the wart removed, and this is what he turned into. Proof big dollars don't need to be paid to get good animals at times. I paid less for him, than a 500 lb feeder goes for nowadays, probably closer to a 400lb :tiphat:

I tracked down his breeder, and have since bought half a dozen other animals from him, all purebreds though.

,18 months approximately. Home grown Brangus. Both parents were registerable (is that a word?). I never pursued it. He's currently batting cleanup behind a registered Angus bull. I am considering keeping him. So let her rip. You can say what you want about the bull, were good.
:cboy:

branguscowgirl said:
Fenceman do you have a picture with his head up?[/quote.com/user/fenceman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0705_zpsiu57srd0.jpg.html]
KIMG0705_zpsiu57srd0.jpg
[/url]

Yes ma'am, I would like to add I loaned him to a neighbor without a bull over the winter.no charge. I was disappointed in the condition I got him back. He's on good grazing now. Has a bit of grass belly

fenceman":3ovpgx5r said:
branguscowgirl":3ovpgx5r said:
Fenceman do you have a picture with his head up?[/quote.com/user/fenceman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0705_zpsiu57srd0.jpg.html]
KIMG0705_zpsiu57srd0.jpg
[/url]

Yes ma'am, I would like to add I loaned him to a neighbor without a bull over the winter.no charge. I was disappointed in the condition I got him back. He's on good grazing now. Has a bit of grass belly
He certainly has a clean sheath for a Brangus.
I try not to comment much on bulls, because I have lots to learn. But I don't care for his back leg set at all in those pictures. He appears to be really straight in the hocks. :hide:

branguscowgirl":1oh3mgo7 said:
fenceman":1oh3mgo7 said:
branguscowgirl":1oh3mgo7 said:
KIMG0705_zpsiu57srd0.jpg
[/url]

I try not to comment much on bulls, because I have lots to learn. But I don't care for his back leg set at all in those pictures. He appears to be really straight in the hocks. :hide:
I ain't in love with him or nothing. Let er rip. As long as you don't call me anything vulgar or offensive. We're good

fenceman":rknjsj3g said:
[/quote]
I try not to comment much on bulls, because I have lots to learn. But I don't care for his back leg set at all in those pictures. He appears to be really straight in the hocks. :hide:[/quote]
I ain't in love with him or nothing. Let er rip. As long as you don't call me anything vulgar or offensive. We're good[/quote]

Fenceman see if you can get a couple of pics of him out of the bushes and on grass standing a little more comfortable looking. The way he's standing doesn't give a good look at him. Feet do look a little off from those pics and he appears to be post legged but it could just be the angle of the pics....Regardless he should work well in an a good commercial operation.

I ain't in love with him or nothing. Let er rip. As long as you don't call me anything vulgar or offensive. We're good

Since you asked...

He is a touch too straight in the hocks forcing his pasterns to take over the role as shock absorbers, forcing them swallower than the ideal, especially on the left hind foot. As far as beef conformation goes, he has decent bone, a good hip and rear quarter, but not much muscle on the top beyong the loin towards the chine. Looking at his fore-arm it confirms that he could have been better muscled.

Not the worst bull ever posted here by a long shot, but since brangus is a breed with a lot of longevity bred into them I for sure won't use him to make replacements, soundness, being a conformational trait is (un)fortunately very heritable, so it's best to err on the conservative side when it comes to bulls used for producing the next generation of cows in your herd.

TexasBred":wic2dbqd said:
fenceman":wic2dbqd said:
I try not to comment much on bulls, because I have lots to learn. But I don't care for his back leg set at all in those pictures. He appears to be really straight in the hocks. :hide:[/quote]
I ain't in love with him or nothing. Let er rip. As long as you don't call me anything vulgar or offensive. We're good[/quote]

Fenceman see if you can get a couple of pics of him out of the bushes and on grass standing a little more comfortable looking. The way he's standing doesn't give a good look at him. Feet do look a little off from those pics and he appears to be post legged but it could just be the angle of the pics....Regardless he should work well in an a good commercial operation.[/quote

KNERSIE":1eq5khcf said:

Since you asked...

He is a touch too straight in the hocks forcing his pasterns to take over the role as shock absorbers, forcing them swallower than the ideal, especially on the left hind foot. As far as beef conformation goes, he has decent bone, a good hip and rear quarter, but not much muscle on the top beyong the loin towards the chine. Looking at his fore-arm it confirms that he could have been better muscled.

Not the worst bull ever posted here by a long shot, but since brangus is a breed with a lot of longevity bred into them I for sure won't use him to make replacements, soundness, being a conformational trait is (un)fortunately very heritable, so it's best to err on the conservative side when it comes to bulls used for producing the next generation of cows in your herd.

That's the type of critiquing I enjoy reading on here. Opinions and information that you can learn by.

fitz":1cpokbic said:
KNERSIE":1cpokbic said:

Since you asked...

That's the type of critiquing I enjoy reading on here. Opinions and information that you can learn by.
I thought it was real good to and I thank you knersie for taking the time

While out heat checking cows this morning, I decided to snap some pictures of our up and coming bulls. These are December born, and are on pasture and the dam still. No creep.

This one is a Club King x a 3/4 blood Dream On cow. I bought 5 embryos years ago, and only paid $100 each for them. I have put in 4 embryos so far (1 still in the tank), and have had 4 calves hit the ground; 3 bulls and 1 heifer. They all look this this guy. The heifer is now raising her first calf and has a gorgeous udder, and we put an embryo in her for next year.

wjunus.jpg

This one is a Broker x TNC Sweet Dreams. We bought these embryos because I really wanted a heifer. I bought three embryos, and only got one calf. He was a super nice bull calf that we sold down to OK. I bought three more because I liked that bull so much, and this is the only resulting calf I have for the second set of three embryos. He is nice, but not a heifer :(
29mq1oh.jpg

This is our Lock N Load x SS U Nights Misty embryo bull. I just sold his brother (pictured here) for a really nice chunk of money. We bought three embryos, all three stuck. We ended up with the two bulls and a nice September heifer calf that has a white face. I am glad I got a heifer! :banana: He is standing next to the cow, it is kind of hard to see him but I did not want to get all the girls up just for a few pictures (they like the shade, and we are humid right now after all that rain!).
10y2pw5.jpg

Here is a shot of the Broker bull's face. The Broker is on the left, the Club King on the right...
34pfl3t.jpg

I think all three have potential. We do not cut our bulls until we wean them, and right now all three have warranted keeping their testes to become future herd bulls. :lol2: