Registered or commercial Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

yeah knocked the bottom out of their value.but its ok ive lost money before.an ill loose when they go to the sale.

ALACOWMAN":2d4d347j said:
bigbull338":2d4d347j said:
yeah knocked the bottom out of their value.but its ok ive lost money before.an ill loose when they go to the sale.
so you aint actually sold em yet, but you gonna lose money .
it is more than likely the other 1/2 of the breeding that is gonna make him lose money not the angus 1/2
he will probably lose less since she was bred to an angus :lol: :lol: :lol:

both are due to calve the end of this month 1st of march.an knowing my luck theyll both be heifers.but i have no prob sending cross calves to the feedlot.

I think it comes down to where you want to be 5 or 10 years down the road. Do you wanna sell registered seed stock or build a decent sized commercial heard? I say find someone near you that does something similar to what you want to do. Buy some replacement heifers or possibly some older proven cows that have the qualities your looking for. Im going through a similar decision my self. Hereford or angus and to start and also registered or not. I say it just comes down to what you can find and purchase comfortably. Im leaning toward non registered angus breed to an angus bull. Then breed the replacement heifers to a Hereford bull and throw baldies. Breed the baldie hefiers back to an angus bull. For me this seems to be a profitable marketable route in my area. Me personally don't have the money to get in the genetics race. Not saying I won't ever build a registered herd but it will be later on after I'm more established. I want something that will consitently bring decent money at the sale barn. I think starting out that's what will be the most beneficial to me.

Where in Tennessee do you live?
Randy

Latest posts