Picture from this morning

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence":pztd4qrl said:

We have the opposite of that. Mud! The neighbor's two bulls got out last evening. Same guy who had the heifer on my farm when the tree fell through the fence. We tracked those bulls over half the county. The mud and humidity about killed us.

I got back here late. Looked over on Johnny's farm and saw a new bull in his pasture. We are going to try to load him in the next 30 minutes. No idea where the other bull is.

TennesseeTuxedo":15421tz3 said:
callmefence":15421tz3 said:
Been a pretty good bull. Hate to see him go

We've got one that I'm really going to be sad to see go. I can relate.
I'll be getting rid of both of my bulls in about 2 months.. Limo goes to auction, Marko goes to my friends place and I get Hector back.. going to be an interesting day hauling them all

True Grit Farms":1j1kyrxp said:

My wife raking thin hay.
wow, that is pretty thin. Here is my hay.. Got mustard? dad is raking it right now, figure I ought to get about 700x80lb bales off 10 acres... There's lots of alfalfa underneath the mustard... cows will pick through it

Really nice places
That's what I enjoy about this place.
I'd quit this place for all the bs but I really enjoy post like this

Nesikep":2gkugyes said:
True Grit Farms":2gkugyes said:

My wife raking thin hay.
wow, that is pretty thin. Here is my hay.. Got mustard? dad is raking it right now, figure I ought to get about 700x80lb bales off 10 acres... There's lots of alfalfa underneath the mustard... cows will pick through it

Well Nesikep you're going to get twice the pounds on a third of the property. This cutting is 6 weeks after our last frost and I'll get the hay tested to see where I'm at. I pick those turnips out of my pastures by hand, I don't think that would work there. Do the cows eat the wild turnips up there?

we have no wild turnips here... We had a painfully slow spring, we just had a heat wave for the last week where we've been getting into the 90's.. the month before that we were struggling to get above 70.. Mountains had fresh snow on them last weekend. That mustard grew about 3 feet in a week! I think my record yield in a good field was ~14,000lbs per acre over 3 cuts.. doesn't happen often though.. First cut on that field was 660 x 80 lb bales on 6 acres

Nesikep":3s4r0qco said:

The Cows eat mustard?!?! what is its nutritional content? does it die after the first cutting?

DallyCash":1dpfot1v said:
Nesikep":1dpfot1v said:

The Cows eat mustard?!?! what is its nutritional content? does it die after the first cutting?
It'll make a turd.. they'll pick the leaves out and leave the stems.. I'm sure there's not much nutrition to it, but as hard as it is to see, the alfalfa is 2-3 feet high in there too

2jakwmo.jpg

Latest posts