How about this?

Help Support CattleToday:

Same with the $6k Gelbievs and Limosines, and the $30k Waygu. Same thing if you ran a $100k Keenland yearling through the local Saturday night horse and tack sale. On the flip side, at a local sale barn around here, you'd be hard pressed to see a Hereford cow bring $1500. Might would if she sold as a pair with a black calf by her side.
Pairs have went up around $200/ in the last week.
We bought 4 pair of nice young angus pairs with good calves for$1300 something last week, 4 year old.
They had some angus and Hereford pair 4-5 years old bring $1,650 and up.
I didn't get any of them, the Hereford ( nice frame cows) even brought $1,650 and up.

It's a club.
I'll buy yours, you'll buy mine.
When I was a kid longhorns were very rare, and it was something to see one, even here in Texas, now they are everywhere, and cheap.
I'm buying a bred angus heifer from a young man that paid $5500 for it because his cousins ran him up!! He's asking $2700 and I'll give it to him. It happens all the time on the show scene. The money stays in the family.

They sold over 100 longhorn criollo type cows, 60 some pairs and 40 some breds and 3 Charolais bulls last night at Paris Stockyards.
Would have liked to have seen them sell, have no idea what they brought.

These brought some pretty extravagant prices
What does Sold To Floor mean in Texas?
Most of reasonable prices listed buyer name and the crazy high listed as - Sold To Floor.
Is that he same as No Sale in other places when the high bid doesn't meet seller's minimum reserve?

Most of reasonable prices listed buyer name and the crazy high listed as - Sold To Floor.
Is that he same as No Sale in other places when the high bid doesn't meet seller's minimum reserve?
The ones that say sold to floor were bought someone who was at the auction while the ones with a name were sold to an online bidder.

Not from Texas, and every area has their own terms they use, but my guess is that floor refers to a set amount that the seller will not allow the sale of the animal if it brings under that floor amount.

When a buyer buys something at the sale, the ID of the buyer is mentioned, when the barn buys one, they say barn.
Our call name is known at all the local sales, when we buy something our name is mentioned so the record keepers know who bought what.
Yes, yes, I understand and see it here. But this was a published report, posted by an Oregon member on a Texas sale barn.
I question the validity and was wondering how someone so far away could be so certain that all were legit sales.
tex, we both know the hype and b.s. that surrounds the industry and various breed promoters.

When a buyer buys something at the sale, the ID of the buyer is mentioned, when the barn buys one, they say barn.
Our call name is known at all the local sales, when we buy something our name is mentioned so the record keepers know who bought what.
In Arkansas, South Dakota, and Utah buyers get a number in bold, large type on a pocket size card. Of course the buyers that attend and buy more often get to be known. Some of those bidding have several numbers and they flash the number depending on where the lot being bought is intended to go so that the animals are penned together for transport. A lot of numbers get reassigned only for the date of a specific sale because people may only attend one sale a year.

You think so? Where did you find that information?
Hired Hand Live (the website with the sale results) is an online auction service. They provide a livestream of the auction, so when it is live you can listen and watch. They do sales all over the country, although they seem to be pretty closely tied to the longhorn industry.
In the livestream you can hear the auctioneer say the winning bidding number and the name of who is registered to that number. Hired Hand Live also has a facebook page and they post the sale results alongside the names of the lot winner. Looks like yesterday evening was a longhorn heifer sale, and today is the cow sale by the same group, which is live right now.

Latest posts