People quitting their jobs

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
ga.prime said:
There is a such a thing as hazard pay.
True...I guess a fellow could pay it to the folks that didn't jump ship as soon as they found out uncle sam was filling the trough. I'd be fine with that.

It's gonna take a whole lot more than $1,200 to fill my trough.

Greedy greedy greedy.......... :D

callmefence said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
callmefence said:
True...I guess a fellow could pay it to the folks that didn't jump ship as soon as they found out uncle sam was filling the trough. I'd be fine with that.

It's gonna take a whole lot more than $1,200 to fill my trough.

Greedy greedy greedy.......... :D

Anything for gov'ment check.

:lol:

callmefence said:
ga.prime said:
A raise in salary would cure a lot of ills.

No , doesn't really work that way.
You pay period people more to reward good work and dependability. Not to try to get it out of them.

If they are quitting because a check for a lump-sum of $1,200 seems more appealing than working to maintain their current salary, I think a raise might be in order.

kenny thomas said:
Kroger grocery company giving employees $2 more per hour hazard pay. Many warehouse workers working 7 days a week and as much as 16 hour days.
I wish they would something for us. We go I to customer locations that we don't know for sure what precautions they have taken. My coworkers and I feel like we are more risk than if we stayed in one place all the time.

herofan said:
callmefence said:
ga.prime said:
A raise in salary would cure a lot of ills.

You pay period people more to reward good work and dependability. Not to try to get it out of them.

If they are quitting because a check for a lump-sum of $1,200 seems more appealing than working to maintain their current salary, I think a raise might be in order.
You might want to think before you yap.. their giving away alot more than that.... he'll for the first time in my life I'm actually eligible for unemployment... even though I've paid unemployment insurance for near 30 years....I'm fine though, it's my job to look after me and mine. Not the governments. They can take care of the virus without worrying about me.

My wife is an over 70 high risk employ of a mid size regional grocery chain. She works in a close to the customer position.

They gave employs a $2 wage increase for a thank-you for keeping the business operating in trying times.

After everyone pitched in to keep things going, they pulled the bonus after 1 pay period. How much loyalty are the company expecting for $80?

I know someone works in a CPA firm, overrun with people wanting to know when they're getting their stimulus check. Many of them owe back taxes greater than the stimulus check.

I'm horrible at the govt deal. I don't even have a job and I still don't qualify for the kung flu check or any thing else. I must be doing some thing wrong.

I'm going to have to pack my son up and go get some free lunch from the school. He won't eat it so I might make out pretty good on the deal. :)

ga.prime said:
I know someone works in a CPA firm, overrun with people wanting to know when they're getting their stimulus check. Many of them owe back taxes greater than the stimulus check.

They are not giving anyone anything it is just an advance on next years filing. So your refund is reduced or you owe more.

tom4018 said:
ga.prime said:

They are not giving anyone anything it is just an advance on next years filing. So your refund is reduced or you owe more.

Where did you see that?

Brute 23 said:
tom4018 said:
ga.prime said:

Where did you see that?

I don't think it's actually deducted from your return. You'll just have to claim it as taxable income. Which is certainly fair enough.

callmefence said:
Brute 23 said:
tom4018 said:

Where did you see that?

I don't think it's actually deducted from your return. You'll just have to claim it as taxable income. Which is certainly fair enough.

I am so sick and tired of the government trying to get a cut of every dollar they give me!

Brute 23 said:
tom4018 said:
ga.prime said:

Where did you see that?

Local CPA.

tom4018 said:
Brute 23 said:
tom4018 said:

Where did you see that?

Local CPA.

Make sure you dont use that person. Not too sharp that one.

I bet they tell people to spend money too to lower their taxes. :lol2:

IRS says:
Why your coronavirus check won't get taxed
Before the final bill language was available, there was some uncertainty about several aspects of the coronavirus stimulus package and how people would receive money. The version of the bill that the Senate passed calls the financial assistance "2020 recovery rebates" and structures them as a tax credit. The coronavirus checks that people will receive will technically be an advance refund of that recovery rebate credit.

Because of that structure, the coronavirus check won't be considered taxable income. Instead, it'll simply reflect an adjustment to the amount of income tax you otherwise would've owed. At the same time, because the tax credit is refundable, it won't matter if you have tax liability or not -- you'll still be able to claim it.

callmefence said:
herofan said:
callmefence said:

You might want to think before you yap.. their giving away alot more than that.... he'll for the first time in my life I'm actually eligible for unemployment... even though I've paid unemployment insurance for near 30 years....I'm fine though, it's my job to look after me and mine. Not the governments. They can take care of the virus without worrying about me.

You've changed my life; from now on, I will think before I yap. I sometimes forget the level of intellect that exists here.

Brute 23 said:
tom4018 said:
Brute 23 said:
Where did you see that?

Local CPA.

Make sure you dont use that person. Not too sharp that one.

I bet they tell people to spend money too to lower their taxes. :lol2:

I read it somewhere else also. I thought the stimulus several years ago for done that way. I don't use that CPA but he is highly respected.

Latest posts