People acting crazy

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have theory on all the craziness with people over the last 10 years or so.

I just wonder how many people are on mind altering LEGAL drugs when they freak out and start shooting people or like the kid that jumped off the top of school recently.

I have had 2 friends that freaked out when they quit taking the pills. My good friend lost his son just about the same time that we lost our only son.

The first thing that we were told by our Dr. is that we needed to start taking what I call "happy pills". I was dead set against taking any mind altering pills as I consider that a very slippery slope.
Evidently these pills have a very adverse reaction mentally when you try to quit taking them.

One day last year my good friend of 38 years called me threatening to beat me up, kill me, because I was talking bad about his family ! I know this man very well and he's never done anything like that.

3 months later he calls me and told me he didn't even remember calling me or any part of the conversation and he was apologizing over and over again. His wife had to tell him what he done and evidently I wasn't the only one that got one of those calls.

He told me he quit taking the pills cuz he was becoming delusional and when he quit taking them he got depressed and violent.

Since that time I've been talking to other people and evidently this occurs pretty often.

They're on a whole other level, my friend. They're needing a population that's complacent and too timid to call things like they are. Get everyone dependent on this crazy stuff and you've got em by the balls.

This is just my opinion, but the medical industry needs there to be issues that require medicine. Some people are wired differently, have more energy, have less energy, the pendulum swings far and wide.

There is no one box fits all with humans. Just as there isn't with cattle. I dare say sugar levels, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc will vary from person to person as far as ideal operation parameters are concerned.

They do help some folks. No doubt about that. But they've gotten greedy and everyone is on the take.

My mom was a home health nurse. I'd travel with her during summer and when not in school.

Best lesson I got was when honey and horse linament saved a diabetic Hispanic fellow from losing his leg. Doctors had been trying to get a sore to heal for months. Mom had been seeing this guy for months. All of a sudden it healed, with no change of treatment from the doctors. The man's wife nervously confessed to my Mom that she'd been using honey in the wound as well as using the horse linament somehow. The man was healed up in a few weeks time... no healthcare money to be made using honey.

My rant is over.

They're on a whole other level, my friend. They're needing a population that's complacent and too timid to call things like they are. Get everyone dependent on this crazy stuff and you've got em by the balls.

This is just my opinion, but the medical industry needs there to be issues that require medicine. Some people are wired differently, have more energy, have less energy, the pendulum swings far and wide.

There is no one box fits all with humans. Just as there isn't with cattle. I dare say sugar levels, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc will vary from person to person as far as ideal operation parameters are concerned.

They do help some folks. No doubt about that. But they've gotten greedy and everyone is on the take.

My mom was a home health nurse. I'd travel with her during summer and when not in school.

Best lesson I got was when honey and horse linament saved a diabetic Hispanic fellow from losing his leg. Doctors had been trying to get a sore to heal for months. Mom had been seeing this guy for months. All of a sudden it healed, with no change of treatment from the doctors. The man's wife nervously confessed to my Mom that she'd been using honey in the wound as well as using the horse linament somehow. The man was healed up in a few weeks time... no healthcare money to be made using honey.

My rant is over.
Honey is excellent for treating wounds and has been used from what I understand for thousands of years. Not sure about the horse liniment, but I can tell you for a fact all five of us kids had Corona sav used on us.... And I still use it to this day.

My rant is over.
My TSH level is practically non existent, which indicates hyperthyroidism. I'm nonclinical, meaning I don't have any symptoms other than the TSH level being out of whack. I was told nearly 25 years ago that my thyroid needed killed and to be put on medication for the rest of my life. I elected not to, and I'm in perfect health, my health care providers say my blood work and general condition are phenomenal. So yes, ideal operating parameters can vary widely and operate just fine.

My rant is over.
I think you know that my daughter is a veterinarian. She tells me that a well known corporate vet group that you see in the strip shopping centers in the pet store has rigid rules for diagnosis and treatments that the vet employees must follow. Sort of a flowchart style approach. Gather information from exam, owner and proceed per the system. Most vets don't like that since things are not that straight forward sometimes and experience and knowledge and smarts should win over a flowchart. Some vets like it since it takes the pressure off them to - well maybe do their job instead of following a chart/system. My daughter would never give up her independence to practice that way, but has friends who work in those situations. (Unless I misunderstood, that is my understanding of how they proceed.)

I find myself always thinking about medical doctors when my daughter relates some of her stories from the vet world. Are the corporate medical doctors told to follow the same plan? Most doctors now work for a local/large hospital system. And I suspect they spend their time dealing with that sort of thing. How much independence do they have and how much time are they allowed to properly diagnose and treat? I suspect that a lot of the problem does not originate with the people you see.

And I think that Medicare has unique problems with their defined payment amounts that might end up encouraging providers to work the system to get their reward instead of concentrating on what the patient needs.

Last edited:
Simme, your last 2 paragraphs are SO right on the money, and medicare $$ is a huge attraction for too many physcians. It's easy, quickly coded, done deal and in the bank.
Most big facilities have a list of things they want the patient to undergo first and foremost. I call it the 'never done' list because the printout shows it either complete or 'never done', tho the better description would be a MMGL.. Medicare Monies Generating List.

I just wonder how many people are on mind altering LEGAL drugs when they freak out and start shooting people or like the kid that jumped off the top of school recently.

I have had 2 friends that freaked out when they quit taking the pills. My good friend lost his son just about the same time that we lost our only son.

The first thing that we were told by our Dr. is that we needed to start taking what I call "happy pills". I was dead set against taking any mind altering pills as I consider that a very slippery slope.
Evidently these pills have a very adverse reaction mentally when you try to quit taking them.

One day last year my good friend of 38 years called me threatening to beat me up, kill me, because I was talking bad about his family ! I know this man very well and he's never done anything like that.

3 months later he calls me and told me he didn't even remember calling me or any part of the conversation and he was apologizing over and over again. His wife had to tell him what he done and evidently I wasn't the only one that got one of those calls.

He told me he quit taking the pills cuz he was becoming delusional and when he quit taking them he got depressed and violent.

Since that time I've been talking to other people and evidently this occurs pretty often.
There are a lot of people sold on the idea that the medical industry has a pill to cure whatever ails you...

And they don't seem to consider that those easy answers may only make the problem hidden and they are not a solution. Treating symptoms... and not solving the problem.

I'm a big advocate for keeping young boys off of Ritalin. It's being used for behavior modification more than the claimed benefits of mental focus. And honestly, I can't blame the teachers since they have had their tool to maintain disciple removed. I don't know how they can even do their job... and I think I could make the argument that in many cases they aren't doing their job because the public school system won't let them. But I digress...

Depression is rampant in society today. And extremism... And all kinds of other mental states that are actively tolerated if not encouraged... instead of expecting a realistic level of mental strength and critical thinking. In fact people in the extremes have been trained to believe their way is critical thinking... when it is the opposite.

We don't teach our children to be stoic. Or to avoid conclusions. Or to be independent. Mental toughness is an acquired ability forged by learning HOW to think... instead of WHAT to think.

And pharmaceuticals don't give people the strength to recognize and accept reality.

Simme, your last 2 paragraphs are SO right on the money, and medicare $$ is a huge attraction for too many physcians. It's easy, quickly coded, done deal and in the bank.
Most big facilities have a list of things they want the patient to undergo first and foremost. I call it the 'never done' list because the printout shows it either complete or 'never done', tho the better description would be a MMGL.. Medicare Monies Generating List.
I shared your thoughts with my physician wife because I was reading them while we talked on the phone. First I had to move the phone away from my ear due to volume then I had to wait awhile for her to stop laughing. Most all Dr.s limit the number of Medicare patients they have because the hoops to jump thru to get paid what they pay just isn't worth it. Medicaire coding is a nightmare compared to conventional insurance. Most of that irrelevant BS is stuff Medicare requires for physician compensation and is just as aggravating for them as it is to you. The long and short is Medicare is a long, long way from a monies generating proposition. Also no flow charts are used in your diagnosis I promise.

There are a lot of people sold on the idea that the medical industry has a pill to cure whatever ails you...

And they don't seem to consider that those easy answers may only make the problem hidden and they are not a solution. Treating symptoms... and not solving the problem.

I'm a big advocate for keeping young boys off of Ritalin. It's being used for behavior modification more than the claimed benefits of mental focus. And honestly, I can't blame the teachers since they have had their tool to maintain disciple removed. I don't know how they can even do their job... and I think I could make the argument that in many cases they aren't doing their job because the public school system won't let them. But I digress...

Depression is rampant in society today. And extremism... And all kinds of other mental states that are actively tolerated if not encouraged... instead of expecting a realistic level of mental strength and critical thinking. In fact people in the extremes have been trained to believe their way is critical thinking... when it is the opposite.

We don't teach our children to be stoic. Or to avoid conclusions. Or to be independent. Mental toughness is an acquired ability forged by learning HOW to think... instead of WHAT to think.

And pharmaceuticals don't give people the strength to recognize and accept reality.
An extended family member years ago said of his son "we thought he had adhd. Turns out he just needed a good ass whooping". Hmm he may have been onto something.

The big mover since I left the veterinary profession has been pet health insurance. It is getting pushed and milked for all its worth especially by the corporate practices. It leaves the people without insurance high and dry.

Ken

I honestly feel you on this. I hate taking medications, especially ones that may cause withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking them. Sadly I have to take an antidepressant and a mood stabilizer, but I have seen and witnessed people who acted just as crazy as those who were not on mind-altering Legal drugs. Of course...they were drinking, but this had nothing to do with the fact that they were drunk, this had to do with the fact that they were Psychotic because they went 51/50. Regardless, before I get off the topic here, if I had another choice...other than taking pills to maintain a balance[that doesn't require me to turn to weed to fix any of the issues], then I would do it.

My condolences on the loss of your child, and your friend though, I know how it feels to lose friends, but I can't say the same for losing a child, since I don't have any myself. But I just wanted to say that you are not alone in the whole mind-altering pills thing.

I honestly feel you on this. I hate taking medications, especially ones that may cause withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking them. Sadly I have to take an antidepressant and a mood stabilizer, but I have seen and witnessed people who acted just as crazy as those who were not on mind-altering Legal drugs. Of course...they were drinking, but this had nothing to do with the fact that they were drunk, this had to do with the fact that they were Psychotic because they went 51/50. Regardless, before I get off the topic here, if I had another choice...other than taking pills to maintain a balance[that doesn't require me to turn to weed to fix any of the issues], then I would do it.

My condolences on the loss of your child, and your friend though, I know how it feels to lose friends, but I can't say the same for losing a child, since I don't have any myself. But I just wanted to say that you are not alone in the whole mind-altering pills thing.
Thank you for your condolences.

My TSH level is practically non existent, which indicates hyperthyroidism. I'm nonclinical, meaning I don't have any symptoms other than the TSH level being out of whack. I was told nearly 25 years ago that my thyroid needed killed and to be put on medication for the rest of my life. I elected not to, and I'm in perfect health, my health care providers say my blood work and general condition are phenomenal. So yes, ideal operating parameters can vary widely and operate just fine.
How do you know you are doing perfectly fine without the TSH meds? Good blood work generally means you are in good health, not that you feel as good as you could or should. I found out my thyroid was toast by accident 20 years ago, after taking the meds I couldn't believe some of the things it was causing. Nothing major just odd things that I'd never guess were thyroid related. You might try them you can always stop. Also I think you have Hypothyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is too much TSH, my grandmother had that.

How do you know you are doing perfectly fine without the TSH meds? Good blood work generally means you are in good health, not that you feel as good as you could or should. I found out my thyroid was toast by accident 20 years ago, after taking the meds I couldn't believe some of the things it was causing. Nothing major just odd things that I'd never guess were thyroid related. You might try them you can always stop. Also I think you have Hypothyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is too much TSH, my grandmother had that.
Can you stop taking meds when they kill the thyroid? I would think the body would be totally dependent on them in such a case. If it was just starting/stopping meds I would be open to try, but I won't go down a one way street that puts me dependent on meds the rest of my days.

TSH is produced by the pituitary gland to signal the thyroid to work. Too much is a sign of Hypothyroidism or underactivity, the pituitary overproducing trying to signal the thyroid to work. Too much is the thyroid producing too much, no need for the pituitary gland to signal it to work. At least, that was the way the endocrinologist explained it to me.

Can you stop taking meds when they kill the thyroid? I would think the body would be totally dependent on them in such a case. If it was just starting/stopping meds I would be open to try, but I won't go down a one way street that puts me dependent on meds the rest of my days.

TSH is produced by the pituitary gland to signal the thyroid to work. Too much is a sign of Hypothyroidism or underactivity, the pituitary overproducing trying to signal the thyroid to work. Too much is the thyroid producing too much, no need for the pituitary gland to signal it to work. At least, that was the way the endocrinologist explained it to me.
I've quit, ran out, or just tried to stop taking Synthroid several times in the last several yrs. The signs for me are slightly more weight gain, hand cramps when doing tedious task (I'm an electrician), oddly enough my elbows hurt, and of course I tire out quicker at the end of the day. Only difference in blood work is thyroid is off. There's other things but nothing major. I finally decided I must need it so take a pill everyday. I could definitely live without out it but it makes life easier taking it.

Edited... you are correct on the TSH level. It's the Thyroid hormone that goes low in Hypothyroidism and Hign in Hyperthyroidism. The TSH levels do the opposite. I shouldn't post when I can't sleep at 2am I guess.

Last edited:

Agreed...too many people are taking too many meds these days. We seem to have gotten away from coping with the realities of life and instead turning to prescription meds. And too many people have outsourced parenting to prescription meds and electronic devices...makes for a nasty little recipe. Some people have a bonafide need for anti-depressants, etc. The problem is that while the meds may lessen the effects of depression, they also lessen the effects of joy which places the patient in a kind of emotional limbo. Taking these meds to deal with just plain, old day to day reality is not a good plan.

Personally, I don't think we should allow prescription meds to be advertised on mass media. I've seen too many people self-diagnose and then go from doctor to doctor until they find one that will write them a prescription for something they saw on TV or the internet. Prescription meds have their place but it seems to me there are way too many people taking them. And I'm sure there would be some adverse effects to quitting them cold turkey like what you described above. My advice would be for folks to start slowly "weaning" themselves off of it if at all possible. Some long term meds are required for folks with things like high blood pressure, etc. But most meds should be temporary - just take it until the ailment is cured. If it isn't curing the ailment but simply suppressing the symptoms, it's probably not a good idea to take it because the problem will remain and thus the continued need for the symptom suppressing meds. It is understood that some ailments require meds for the long term but far too many people are on far too many meds these days...imho.

And I think a lot of these active shooter situations (maybe most) involved some kind of anti-depressant or something similar. But that data seldom, if ever, gets released. There's is a reason big pharma only pays an income tax rate of about 20%...campagn contributions and advertising dollars. Media and politicians know better than to bite the hand that feeds them. Then leave the rest of us to deal with the fallout. Sad state of affairs.

Latest posts