Still good people

Help Support CattleToday:

You get well now and do what the doctors tell you!!
This old age ain't for sissies.
This has made me decide i need to go fishing more. Sit in the shade on the river bank with a line in the water. No bait on the hook so i wont be bothered.

Just heard about this a couple days ago. It seems I never hear anything. Go easy for a few days and hopefully you will bounce back. I am just down the road and at the 58 intersection all the time close you, so give me a holler anytime.

Just heard about this a couple days ago. It seems I never hear anything. Go easy for a few days and hopefully you will bounce back. I am just down the road and at the 58 intersection all the time close you, so give me a holler anytime.
Road trip to Morristown in a week or so. Sstterry will hide from us but we will eat big and tell them to send him the bill.

Hey, I am "semi-retired" and could do something if you needed it done, too... only a few hours away... my knees and ankle work pretty good....
PM me with phone # if I can help you or your wife...

I will decode the name - JORDANS KT 600U K69. All my calves start with the farm name (Jordans) and end with their tattoo number - K69 in this case. K is the industry standard code for a 2022 born calf. Tattoo number is sequential - 69 in this case. Just the next calf born after the 68 calf.

The middle of the registered name is actually the "name" of the calf. I generally name the bull calves with the same name as their sire and the heifer calves with the same name as their dam. Sire name is Circle S Leachman 600U. Circle S is the actual breeder of the bull, not Leachman. Jim and Seth Leachman in Montana had a large annual bull sale years ago which included bulls from several cooperator herds. By the time they worked in the Circle S name and the Leachman name, they had run out of space for a real name, so he was known as 600U. Of course, the KT refers to Kenny. So, no real name on the papers. Wide open opportunity to name him.

Here is the link to the online pedigree and epd's. Click the + box on the website 3 times to expand the pedigree to 6 generations. Except for BW, docility and marbling, Kenny's bull has better epd's than his sire, (but lower accuracy of course).

This is the first I've heard of your ordeal, Mr. Kenny. Praying you get better soon and the doctors get you straightened out. If there's anything we can do, please holler.

Best wishes Kenny, have been busy here but did notice you had been quiet.

Growing up, all of ours were called " Blacky". If we ever had one that wasn't Angus, it was called " Bully". My first bottle calf when I was 5 was called Ferdinand, after a bull in a storry book I had. And, there was this one Jeresy bull I bought that was called @%$#!&* the short time I had him!

Last edited: