Still dark

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
It is 6:45 and it is still dark out. I hate the hot weather in the summer but I do like it getting light out earlier. It seems like the amount of daylight changes real fast this time of the year. I have done chores with a flash light enough in my life. Being retired I can wait until it gets light out but sitting here waiting gets old.
The weather website says tomorrow is 3 minutes and 2 seconds shorter.

Last edited:
That is why I like "real time"... not daylight savings time. Gets light earlier, get out do what you need to... in the evenings you get done and quit before it is so late... when it is still light at 9 you feel like you need to be doing something outside... instead, with standard time, you get done and get in the house before it is so late and in the winter, you get in and sit and enjoy the slow down and relaxing a bit more...
My body just works better on real time...

That is why I like "real time"... not daylight savings time. Gets light earlier, get out do what you need to... in the evenings you get done and quit before it is so late... when it is still light at 9 you feel like you need to be doing something outside... instead, with standard time, you get done and get in the house before it is so late and in the winter, you get in and sit and enjoy the slow down and relaxing a bit more...
My body just works better on real time...
Time on the clock is really irrelevant. Just a few miles east (25) of here it is mountain time zone. I am at the far eastern edge of the Pacific time zone. They are at the western edge of the mountain time zone. So it is pushing 7:00 AM to get daylight here but it is 6:00 over there and gets light at the same time. On the other end of the day it is dark by 7:30 here but 6:30 there when it is dark.
That time zone difference catches me every now and then. Last year I went to a wedding over there. I wasn't exactly sure of the location so I gave myself plenty of time. I arrived 20 minutes early and there was a ton of cars there. I wasn't 20 minutes early, I was 40 minutes late. But I was in time for the reception and the food.

Latest posts