sun going dark today

Help Support CattleToday:

Lucky you, we had one in 1999 (99.9%) it was cloudy lol we didn't see a thing but it went dark and all the birds started nesting and then went quiet for a few minutes it was quite bizarre.

There's always next time Jan!!!!!

Ken
They're getting one next year as well lol so yeah theres always next time. Not being a smart alec but just found this out after searching around (maybe everyone knew this?) but it must be rare to get two total eclipses in two consecutive years :unsure: in one country looks like south Texas will get both.

From Waco Texas area. Trees make great eclipse watching tools

Attachments

• A5B71871-227E-4D5F-9B72-AFEDF79A9611.jpeg
    A5B71871-227E-4D5F-9B72-AFEDF79A9611.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
I usually keep up with these events, but got busy and forgot, until I was bush hogging some trails through the woods and noticed those shadows.

Was cloudy here, so it got darker & cooler, but could not see the actual eclipse.

We are about 3 miles from the point of maximum intensity and length of time of the total solar eclipse in Aug 2017. Had a big crowd & celebration here at the farm, and the skies were clear to be able to experience the whole thing.

Fortunate for me, I get to witness the sun getting eclipsed by clouds every day! I'm a bit sappy about such things. In fact I get plum sideways……..(wiggle around enough to poke my boots out the window and lean my sorry back up against the center console).
165D1303-C316-4102-9671-0B682A9F960E.jpeg

Clouds are moving in.
757D51EF-8543-4EDC-BCEB-C98A1FE61EBF.jpeg

We get cloud eclipses a lot as well but next total solar eclispe for uk................. 2090! .....thats a long wait :cautious:

I wasn't paying much attention to the time. Turned out it was partially cloudy and I drove to town when it happened. I never even noticed that it had occurred.