My resignation as a CT poster

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie":3ukk6p1u said:
Brute 23":3ukk6p1u said:
I have never understood why forums do this. :???: It seems to be the circle of life for them. They grow, grow, grow because of open discussions and good info and then some thing like this always goes on usually led by a MOD who thinks they are an e-net crusader.

My advice to CT from being part of a couple forums is to ask the mod to step down, which they should not have a problem with if they are truely here to serve the forum. You can only do that job for so long before you need to be rotated out and fresh outlooks brought in. Like politicians... they need term limits IMO.

Perhaps you should PM Macon and offer to be a moderator?

I'd vote for Brute 23 to take your place.

Red Bull Breeder":2kdgz9lt said:
I read the post that was deleted, nothing in to cause it to be deleted. Nothing about polititics no cussing or bad mouthing anyone. Hoss simply stated why he home schooled his children.

If Frankie disagrees with the post it's history...short and simple. You violated the rules "according to her interpretation".

Frankie":dab6zl9x said:
Brute 23":dab6zl9x said:
I have never understood why forums do this. :???: It seems to be the circle of life for them. They grow, grow, grow because of open discussions and good info and then some thing like this always goes on usually led by a MOD who thinks they are an e-net crusader.

My advice to CT from being part of a couple forums is to ask the mod to step down, which they should not have a problem with if they are truely here to serve the forum. You can only do that job for so long before you need to be rotated out and fresh outlooks brought in. Like politicians... they need term limits IMO.

Perhaps you should PM Macon and offer to be a moderator?

Doesn't appear to be a shortage of Mods....actually there is just one too dam many with a big chip on her shoulder.

TexasBred":33dgijou said:
Red Bull Breeder":33dgijou said:
I read the post that was deleted, nothing in to cause it to be deleted. Nothing about polititics no cussing or bad mouthing anyone. Hoss simply stated why he home schooled his children.

If Frankie disagrees with the post it's history...short and simple. You violated the rules "according to her interpretation".

Then why is this one still here?

Frankie":24ej4g2r said:
TexasBred":24ej4g2r said:
Red Bull Breeder":24ej4g2r said:

THEN I WILL REPEAT MY INQUIRY.

Perhaps somone can specify exactly what was done wrong in order to educate some of us who do not know what line was crossed.

I did not see the troublesome message or thread myself as it was gone, as was Hoss, before I knew of it.

Perhaps a moderator could illustrate for us somehow.

I am not sure exactly what the CT rules are. I am sure that somewhere along the line I agreed to them, but it would be nice to know what I need to do to stay in compliance.

I try to keep it as clean as I can recognizing that ladies and kids visit here often. I try not to be offensive to others but I am sure that I am anyway.

but it is easier to color inside the lines when I can see the lines.

Years ago I left another forum in protest because the moderator banned a bunch of the popular contributors for what to me were unknown reasons. I have gotten to enjoy this site and would not like to see it go that way. But if the posters i enjoy continually quit or get banned , decisions will be made.

A little bit of non acrimonious clarity would be of benefit.

O.k.,

I'll ask the obvious question. Why do we have a moderator who has openly disagreed and been in some very spirited exchanges (I'm being nice) in the past with other CT members? Does this not in and of itself lend to the mod "getting back" at anyone that they had it out with? Frankie, you brought your name in to this.....the fact that this post is still up proves nothing. I've been a mod on other boards, and I would gladly do it on CT. One thing I don't like, though, is a mod causing people to leave the board. That is totally crazy!

I don't have a problem with Frankie being a member and saying her opinion, or anyone else for that matter. But why have a member known for fighting it out as a mod? Shouldn't a moderator by definition be someone who lets cooler heads prevail and does things with integrity and fairness???

Delete if your want. I was raising cattle before CT, and I'll probably be doing it after CT if the board goes like this in the future.

cypressfarms":1xlo72mh said:
O.k.,

I'll ask the obvious question. Why do we have a moderator who has openly disagreed and been in some very spirited exchanges (I'm being nice) in the past with other CT members? Does this not in and of itself lend to the mod "getting back" at anyone that they had it out with? Frankie, you brought your name in to this.....the fact that this post is still up proves nothing. I've been a mod on other boards, and I would gladly do it on CT. On thing I don't like, though, is a mod causing people to leave the board. That is totally crazy!

I don't have a problem with Frankie being a member and saying her opinion, or anyone else for that matter. But why have a member known for fighting it out as a mod? Shouldn't a moderator by definition be someone who lets cooler heads prevail and does things with integrity and fairness???

Delete if your want. I was raising cattle before CT, and I'll probably be doing it after CT if the board goes like this in the future.
well that puts you right up their with the others

Frankie":1w3gzwk0 said:
TexasBred":1w3gzwk0 said:
Red Bull Breeder":1w3gzwk0 said:

You're leaving it in order to make a point. Actually you're in denial. Ok...now you can delete it.

Now Hoss, You need to stay put. Plainly said. If you jump off this Horse the battle's over. The old Nag will know she can get away with it again and again. Besides I was just fixin' to send a couple of my favorite brood sows to your neck of the woods for the weekend. No charge!

I told the truth about the schools an look what happened...... Locked

I agree with so many of those in this thread, Hoss. When I see a post from you, I look forward to reading it.

cypressfarms":1sei5sc1 said:
O.k.,

I'll ask the obvious question. Why do we have a moderator who has openly disagreed and been in some very spirited exchanges (I'm being nice) in the past with other CT members? Does this not in and of itself lend to the mod "getting back" at anyone that they had it out with? Frankie, you brought your name in to this.....the fact that this post is still up proves nothing. I've been a mod on other boards, and I would gladly do it on CT. One thing I don't like, though, is a mod causing people to leave the board. That is totally crazy!

I don't think it is as bad now as it once was. However, losing Hoss makes it just as bad as it ever was.

Who is the next person in the bull's eye? And then the next?

curtis":1p617vov said:

That's what you get for telling the truth. The truth hurts :D

Frankie":b5gfdua7 said:
Jogeephus":b5gfdua7 said:
Crankie":b5gfdua7 said:
It's always interesting who seems to think they don't have to obey the same rules as the rest of us. It doesn't matter what a great guy HOSS is, how good he can sing or play, the Cattle Today rules still apply to him. I do have to admit that I was surprised to see him throw such a childish tantrum and announce his "resignation" :lol: because he had posts deleted. Just shows that you never can tell about someone online. What are the odds he'll be back under a different name in a few days?

It doesn't surprise me that you see it this way. However, after getting several pm good byes from others who have left for the same reason I think it is admirable that he is at least pointing out that there is a problem. I think many will agree with me on this.

No, he's pointing out that HIS feelings are hurt, so he's taking his ball and going home. If the mod had been so inclined, you'd never had seen this thread. Poor HOSS would have left the board without all the uproar and man hugs he apparently craved. :( Wonder why it was left up?

If a post can be deleted simply because a Mod. doesn't agree with it then all the men that died fighting Hitler died in vain. I understand that he was fine as long as you agreed with him.
If Hoss did something that actually broke the rules that is one thing but if it is a personality clash then the Mod. should step down and not damage the board like this has done. Do I hear a "big me" and "little you"?

curtis":2y61d10v said:
Maybe it wasn't you. Maybe it was because of a previous post referring to a certain former liberal politician.

I thought your post could have opened the door to some very good discussion and exchange of ideas.

I WILL POSE THE SAME QUESTION FOR THE THIRD TIME.......

Perhaps somone can specify exactly what was done wrong in order to educate some of us who do not know what line was crossed.

I did not see the troublesome message or thread myself as it was gone, as was Hoss, before I knew of it.

I am not sure exactly what the CT rules are. I am sure that somewhere along the line I agreed to them, but it would be nice to know what I need to do to stay in compliance.

I try to keep it as clean as I can recognizing that ladies and kids visit here often. I try not to be offensive to others but I am sure that I am anyway.

Years ago I left another forum in protest because the moderator banned a bunch of the popular contributors for what to me were unknown reasons. I have gotten to enjoy this site and would not like to see it go that way. But if the posters i enjoy continually quit or get banned , decisions will be made.

pdfangus":1uwr22hf said:

You can keep asking that ??????? all day and never get an answer because if someone doesn't like what you posted they can get your post deleted because it offended them or becuase a mod doesn't like the way the topic is going thye can lock the thread

I beleive MOST MODS on here are pretty fair

I don't think everyone should be so hard on the mod. Clearly this topic has drawn enough press to catch the eye of the administrator. And that higher power must not see anything wrong with this situation, unlike the majority of the posters here at CT. I think everyone needs to understand that fact. The behavior we are seeing may just be starting at the top and working it's way down the chain of command. With the mod taking the blame.

Angus Cowman":g4q0s3z6 said:
pdfangus":g4q0s3z6 said:

You can keep asking that ??????? all day and never get an answer because if someone doesn't like what you posted they can get your post deleted because it offended them or becuase a mod doesn't like the way the topic is going thye can lock the thread

I beleive MOST MODS on here are pretty fair

I understand that.

but I do not think my couple of questions are unreasonable.

I also think that any moderator may be able to answer most of my questions. all perhaps except exactly what line was crossed in the particular post, and any of them maybe able to answer that one as well.

in football the sidelines are clearly marked.
in baseball there are foul lines.
I am sure hockey has some rules but I don't know em.
similarly I don't know the rules here, and I would like to, so that I can play fair.

backhoeboogie":cxdag3lm said:
cypressfarms":cxdag3lm said:
O.k.,

I don't think it is as bad now as it once was. However, losing Hoss makes it just as bad as it ever was.

Who is the next person in the bull's eye? And then the next?

We have lost a lot of real talent over the years because of this issue, it's not the moderating or the deleting it's the bias on the issues moderated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts