Another update: Unbelievable what a couple of CT members have done

Help Support CattleToday:

The purpose of this thread, was to share what I feel is a wonderful story of kindness and compassion... Her concern was what is going on in your life, and Looney's life, that is troubling your soul, filling it with cynicism and anger.
Isn't it sad that those kinds of words are exactly what a con artist would use?

And we all know it.

I love a good story of compassion and trust in humanity. But as said... due diligence is advised.

Last edited by a moderator:
The purpose of this thread, was to share what I feel is a wonderful story of kindness and compassion by two of our CT family. Yes, they wanted to remain anonymous and I protected their wishes. I don't know why you and Looney Tunes want to tear them down, discredit what they have done. What is the purpose of your comment? Why would you want to try to throw a wet rag on the happiness and joy they received by doing this? What is the purpose of trying to insult their intelligence. Do you really think they just up and sent a check or wire transfer without doing their due diligence? Or that I would just respond to a message by sending routing and account numbers for the trust account to someone that I hadn't talked to, and done some DD of my own on them? She and I just got off the phone, and we talked some about this thread, These ar good, Christian people. Her concern was what is going on in your life, and Looney's life, that is troubling your soul, filling it with cynicism and anger. She just said " Well, all we can do is just pray for them."
I hope yall can read my above posts and understand where I am coming from. You are welcome to call me personally, also, and discuss it if you would like.

Very respectable, @Brute 23 and I believe you that this isn't personal. I respect your opinions. I do wish that these threads wouldn't be exploited by those who wish to make it personal, but hell, that's the internet.

I think more people on here need to have one of these in the morning, and some of them ought to drop a little something extra in to take the edge off.

Attachments

• IMG_20230710_095426.jpg
    IMG_20230710_095426.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
I'd like to know if anyone has decided to "contribute" in private messages to @Warren Allison and if he is accepting... which apparently he is inclined to do if the info in this OP is true.

It's always nice to think everything is above board when you hear a sob story and people helping out... but I know more people that have been scammed than people that are contributing with good results. Of course people that play into these kinds of stories are less inclined to publish their largess so we don't hear unless they are a victim of a con.

And since when is advising caution a bad thing?

And one other thing... At least I don't talk behind Warren's back and obliquely insult him. I come at him face to face. I don't trust the guy for several reasons and he hasn't done anything over time to assuage my suspicions.
You need to make up your mind, Looney Tunes. Am I a person or a cyborg? In the previous comments you said that I didn't exist. That some computer geek built a computer...or maybe he could do it by writing a program...that hacked into the cattletoday.com website, created my profile in Aug of 2020, Participated in discussions 2500 times in the poast 3 years, all to try to get someone to pay double ( or more) what ONE calf is worth! Spend all the time and money to build that system, create a network of secret servers....everything involved in an operation like that..then spend 3 years monitoring and participating in these forums, for $4k?!!!! Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?!!!

No, no one else has sent me messages offering monetary help. Nor do I want them to. Look back at every post on these threads, and not once did I EVER ask for anything like that. It never occurred to me to do so. I got a lot of problems, Hoss, but money ain't one of them. I have , however, received much appreciated offers of help from members who have messaged me with tips and advice about using nurse cows, and about dairy cattle dietary needs.

Last edited:
I hope yall can read my above posts and understand where I am coming from. You are welcome to call me personally, also, and discuss it if you would like.
I saw your last post after I had made this one. You said that you weren't saying that what we did was a scam., but just wanted to caution people that scams do occur, They have been since the Nigerian email scams that popped up in the 90's as soon as the internet went public. I agree with you bringing these to our attention, I just wonder if maybe it would have been kinder to start another thread about that, rather than post things to make these great Americans have feelings of doubt, or make them feel like people think they are stupid, for their extreme act of generosity and compassion. And no, I don't think that you intentionally meant to do this to them, after reading your last post.

Last edited:
It's a shame when a random act of kindness can cause so much controversy, but this is what happens when we use the internet to discuss high value topics. Without reasonable historical perspective and context of a unique event, and body language during discussion, a lot of incorrect assumptions form.

Sometimes best to just agree to disagree, learn from it so we don't insert foot first next time, and move on until we can use our newfound experience. I'd bet a handsome sum that if everyone in this thread were to gather for a beer and burger, we'd all get along just fine. Might even make it an annual event.

Warren,
I know you aren't a cyborg or a form of AI because neither would be able to duplicate your sorry arse grammer :ROFLMAO: (This is how you know it's really me)

It's a shame when a random act of kindness can cause so much controversy, but this is what happens when we use the internet to discuss high value topics. Without reasonable historical perspective and context of a unique event, and body language during discussion, a lot of incorrect assumptions form.

Sometimes best to just agree to disagree, learn from it so we don't insert foot first next time, and move on until we can use our newfound experience. I'd bet a handsome sum that if everyone in this thread were to gather for a beer and burger, we'd all get along just fine. Might even make it an annual event.

Warren,
I know you aren't a cyborg or a form of AI because neither would be able to duplicate your sorry arse grammer :ROFLMAO: (This is how you know it's really me)
Hey! it is grammar, not grammer! LOL There are lot of people on here I look forward to meeting, and a handful I wouldn't. But, if we serve CAB burgers, that would take care of culling the undesirables! But, what if a lot more people on here are like me? AI? Or cyborgs and such? The meeting would look like the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie! :)

Warren,
Surely anyone can admit that someone offering to give an online stranger $4k for a pair of cattle that doesn't yet exist is not a simple "random act of kindness". I know nothing of this story other than this thread, maybe I missed something. But something seems off…

Surely anyone can admit that someone offering to give an online stranger $4k for a pair of cattle that doesn't yet exist is not a simple "random act of kindness". I know nothing of this story other than this thread, maybe I missed something. But something seems off…
Interesting take. I've offered to "buy" something, when I knew they wouldn't accept charity. Some are too proud to accept a gift. The OPs example is a bit different because it originated on the web, but that alone doesn't preclude due diligence. Warren explained that in subsequent post.

It doesn't seem "off" to me. I've seen situations like this play out many times. People like to help others, for different reasons. Some help because it makes themselves feel better. Others help because they genuinely want to, without fanfare.

Yes, you need to go back and read the other threads that everyone has been commenting on and keeping up with for months. Read the story of Zeke and what happened to him and his grandmother. No one offered to give an online stranger $4k for a pair of cattle that doesn't yet exist. No one has ever asked anyone for so much as a dime. And yes, it was most definitely a simple, random act of kindness that these people did.
There are a lot of good, decent people that are on these boards, with a lot of knowledge about cattle. They are kind enough to help people with questions and problems. But, there are a handful of trolls on here with no knowledge that try to make people think they have it, by attacking and nay-saying and disputing anything the good people post. I don't give a red rat's rear what these low-life's say about me... I have offered all of them several times to come say it to my face. But I am getting fed up with them trying to make these wonderful people feel stupid for what they did. They haven't succeeded this couple does not feel stupid nor are they 2nd guessing their deed. It just angers me, as it should all decent folk on here, that they are trying to do this to them. What is the saying? "No good deed goes unpunished"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Warren, are these folks wanting to meet everyone before writing the cheque? Kudos to you for helping this family out.
Over the years, we have financially helped quite a few individuals out but we knew them or in a couple of cases knew people that knew them. Throwing personality clashes aside, I wouldn't be sending that kind of money to anyone over the internet just based on the stories you have told of this young man and his grandmother. I would have to meet them first.
Again, personalities aside, if all you have written is true, good on you for helping them out.

Hey Warren, are these folks wanting to meet everyone before writing the cheque? Kudos to you for helping this family out.
Over the years, we have financially helped quite a few individuals out but we knew them or in a couple of cases knew people that knew them. Throwing personality clashes aside, I wouldn't be sending that kind of money to anyone over the internet just based on the stories you have told of this young man and his grandmother. I would have to meet them first.
Again, personalities aside, if all you have written is true, good on you for helping them out.
No, Dave, they purchased the calf back in March. When I posted about how we had found the owners of the stray Jersey Zeke caught and put in our corral, and we bought it and bred it to a red Brahma bull, they reached out to me. I had posted that we hoped Zeke got a heifer calf, because she would be worth a LOT and would be a good start on his nest egg. They said they wanted to buy it of ot is heifer, and told them they could have 1st dibs. A week later, got another message telling me what they were gonna give Zeke for the calf. I think I posted about that... and how kind and generous these folks were. Then a few days later, she messaged me saying they wanted to go ahead and pay Zeke for it, in case he needed money before the calf was born. So I sent her my phone number, and asked her to call or send me hers. I wasn't skeptical, so much as curious about why they were wanting to do this. So when we talked,, I told them I didn't think it would be wise to send the money now. What if it was a bull calf? Or was born dead or died later, etc. She said if it was bull calf, then they would own the world's highest priced Br x Jer steer, and if something happened to it, they would pay us to bury it! They are in their late 30's. They live in the north east, and have no children. Both are lawyers: He is in private practice, a corporate attorney specializing in mergers and aquisitions, and she is a tax attorney for one of the biggest tax preparation companies. So, I am SURE they thoroughly vetted me! I had already set up a mutual fund account with T. Rowe Price for Zeke, and placed it in a trust. So, when they paid for the calf I had them wire the funds to that account. I never saw it or touched it. It is all still there. .Any money I spend on Zeke or Ms. Mattie comes from my pocket. I am not even a trustee of the trust.

Anyway, a few days ago on the thread where I was discussing the Herf x Guernsey cow Scott had bought for Zeke, and these 2 jersey cross heifers I just bought, all of us (on here)_ were talking about how many calves we could put on them, and when, etc. I made the remark that each could have 2 or 3 calves by the time Gail's calf was weaned and we delivered it. I mentioned it might help lessen the blow to Zeke, giving up her first calf. This is something I never thought of when Scott and I decided to breed Gail, get bottle calves to put on her, and buying a couple more nurse cows. We were just thinking about something he could do, and earn a little money with. These awesome people got to thinking about that. Like me, they hadn't considered how he would react to sending off her first calf. So, that's when she sent me the message I posted. It is just that simple. No AI scams or anything. Just two very awesome people with a lot of love and compassion to give. They just really want to meet Zeke, so that's why she asked if it would be possible to meet somewhere in Perry on thier way down, and take all of us to lunch and dinner., But that ain't happening. I told her today that they were gonna come to Scott's house and all of us were going to cook them a good ole southern feast, and we'd have that early Christmas dinner there in a home where it ought to occur.

And I do realize now, how all this may sound funny to someone in other parts of the country..as well as other countries...but that's just how we roll down here. You go by some one's house down here out in the country around dinner time ( y'all call it lunch)or around supper( y'all call dinner) , then they gonna invite you to come in, sit down and eat, don't matter if you are a collector or repo man, even! And they get offended if you don't! Besides, Zeke would be more at ease at Scott's than in a restaurant, and we don't know how mobile Mattie will be by then. Scott said when he told her what these people were doing, she got all excited and happy. That they were coming to see her, not about the money. He said she got up from the table and yelled " Thank ya Jesus. I get to see my babies, Dem's my babies too!" Then she got to going through her cupboards, pulling out all the things she has canned , to get them up a mess to take home. And she told Scott to find out how many houses they were going to in Florida for Christmas dinner, and she was gonna make them a big ole pan of dressing for each one. I think there are 2 sets of parents and 2 sets of grandparents, so that's 4. If you had ever tasted Ms. Matties dressing, then you'd probably say that the $4k was a fairly even trade! :)

It actually didn't surprise me that much at what this couple did, once I learned their hearts. It is just a part of a whole lot of miraculous or near-miraculous things that have happened since the night they were attacked.

I must admit I switched off reading Warren's installments of his life at one of the earlier installments. Whether they were true or dramatised I did not care, I just did not need to know this on a cattle forum. I did start to read this thread with a questioning mind. I am not a very charitable person myself and will not donate, buy raffle tickets etc as I know too much of the money goes to 3rd parties. I have been known to give a cash donation instead of buying chocolates with a fund raising for a school but that did not go down well, there was no provision for receiving a cash donation. The child selling the chocolates didn't want it as they would not get points for selling the most chocolates. The companies setting up these fundraising drives have it well set up so that no money escapes them. I will always help out my neighbours with good deeds and assistance.
This donation to "Zeke" may have been a similar situation where the donor after doing due dilligence has wanted to do something outside of organised charity as well but without knowing the details it could also be seen as an elaborate hoax to those of us sitting on the outside. One thing I do know is that this discussion does not need to happen on a cattle forum. If I was the donor I would have preferred that any details remain unspoken about and for it to just happen, that is the way I am with any assistance. I like to target where my money goes and for things to be kept quite, just the knowledge of the pleasure and appreciation the recipient would get is enough.

Ken

I must admit I switched off reading Warren's installments of his life at one of the earlier installments. Whether they were true or dramatised I did not care, I just did not need to know this on a cattle forum. I did start to read this thread with a questioning mind. I am not a very charitable person myself and will not donate, buy raffle tickets etc as I know too much of the money goes to 3rd parties. I have been known to give a cash donation instead of buying chocolates with a fund raising for a school but that did not go down well, there was no provision for receiving a cash donation. The child selling the chocolates didn't want it as they would not get points for selling the most chocolates. The companies setting up these fundraising drives have it well set up so that no money escapes them. I will always help out my neighbours with good deeds and assistance.
This donation to "Zeke" may have been a similar situation where the donor after doing due dilligence has wanted to do something outside of organised charity as well but without knowing the details it could also be seen as an elaborate hoax to those of us sitting on the outside. One thing I do know is that this discussion does not need to happen on a cattle forum. If I was the donor I would have preferred that any details remain unspoken about and for it to just happen, that is the way I am with any assistance. I like to target where my money goes and for things to be kept quite, just the knowledge of the pleasure and appreciation the recipient would get is enough.

Ken
Hoss, I assure you that you don't know me well enough to publicly question my truthfulness or honesty! It has been three years since I joined CT, read it for a year or so before that. 2500 times I have posted or commented on post about a whole h3ll of a lot of other topics. If you think I did this for 3 years, in order to get someone to pay double for a calf that didn't exist three years ago, then you need help. When I first started posting about our Corriente operation, I used the BREEDS board on the CATTLE forums. When I first mentioned this boy and what had happened, a LOT of members were messaging me for more information, and to hear how recovery etc. was going. Instead of answering multiple messages, I started the UPDATE threads on the EVERYTHING else forum. NOT the cattle forums. But if you don't want to read these UPDATES, then don't! If you don't want to help, then don't No one asked you to. No one wants you to. But, you have no business, getting on a thread that you allegedly don't read, and bad-mouth those who do care. If you find the temptation to read them too strong, then put me on "ignore", and you won't ever have to see a post or comment I make again.

Hoss, I assure you that you don't know me well enough to publicly question my truthfulness or honesty! It has been three years since I joined CT, read it for a year or so before that. 2500 times I have posted or commented on post about a whole h3ll of a lot of other topics. If you think I did this for 3 years, in order to get someone to pay double for a calf that didn't exist three years ago, then you need help. When I first started posting about our Corriente operation, I used the BREEDS board on the CATTLE forums. When I first mentioned this boy and what had happened, a LOT of members were messaging me for more information, and to hear how recovery etc. was going. Instead of answering multiple messages, I started the UPDATE threads on the EVERYTHING else forum. NOT the cattle forums. But if you don't want to read these UPDATES, then don't! If you don't want to help, then don't No one asked you to. No one wants you to. But, you have no business, getting on a thread that you allegedly don't read, and bad-mouth those who do care. If you find the temptation to read them too strong, then put me on "ignore", and you won't ever have to see a post or comment I make again.
I don't think he meant it to question what you said, more to say he felt it wasn't for here, but it is in fact technically Everything Else.

Hoss, I assure you that you don't know me well enough to publicly question my truthfulness or honesty! I started the UPDATE threads on the EVERYTHING else forum. NOT the cattle forums. But if you don't want to read these UPDATES, then don't! If you don't want to help, then don't No one asked you to. No one wants you to. But, you have no business, getting on a thread that you allegedly don't read, and bad-mouth those who do care. If you find the temptation to read them too strong, then put me on "ignore", and you won't ever have to see a post or comment I make again.
And miss all this free entertainment??? No way Jose'.