Another update: You won't believe what Zeke did.

Help Support CattleToday:

@Warren Allison how them 2 getting along?

I hope Zeker got to keep Gail
Yes. she is in the 5 acre pasture behind their house. When the man comes to get the 1/2 MFB cows that had the 3/4 MFB bull calves in August, we will put those calves in with her. (They are steers, by the way, and I am bringing them back with me Labor Day weekend after the dove shoot. Scott said Zeke still leads Gail down to his house about every other day, to ask his wife if she is about to have her baby yet! Ms. Mattie is recovering nicely...gets around with just a cane now, but it is one of those canes with 4 feet on it at the bottom. She keeps Zeke busy during the day helping her can, make preserves, putting vegetables up in the freezer, etc. Those boys in the MC bought her a huge freezer, and one of them is always brining by some kind of meat to go in it, So, she sends them home with jars of soups, canned veggies and preserves. A couple of nights a week, Scott and Zeke take the beagles over to the Kudzu place, build a fire ( Damned if I know why..it MIGHT get below 90 at night) and listen to the rabbit races. He is about to get over the mental and emotional trauma, just every once in a while he gets to thinking about it and gets a little sacred, but not much. The MC has done more for him in that regard than any kind of psycho therapy or counseling could have. A couple of times he has called me at night. He will tell me he just got to worrying that the sob might come back. He will say " But my brothers ( the MC) won't let him hurt me or Momma again will they?" I wish I could tell him that they have made sure he won't ever hurt them or anyone else again ,but I won't. I just tell him his brothers aren't gonna let anyone else, ever, hurt him or Ms Mattie again. Physically, he has a hump on the bridge of his nose and there is some disfiguration, where the sob was stomping his head, and broke the orbital socket and his nose. One of the black MC members has a sister that is an ENT and plastic surgeon down in Jacksonville. She told us she would fix it pro bono, but she said it is really not hrting anything. We all thought that the ordeal of going down there, staying in a hospital and the recovery etc, would just not be worth it. And Zeke isn't bothered by his looks at all.

Oh, and last time Clay ( @Sthrncwboy ) was down there with me, he showed Zeke all the pics you have posted of Bessie and all of her babies. So now he keeps hoping Gail will have a bunch of babies! Keeps asking Scott's wife reckon how many she will have! LOL. Clay told him she didn't exactly have that many babies, but that she was a very nice cow that just loves babies and wants to take care of babies who don't have a momma. That sparked about an hour of having to explain why they didn't have a momma! Zeke said " Well, me and Gail love them, too. Can they come live with us? Gail will be their momma and I will be their daddy!" So, I reckon I will have to buy some bottle calves next year!

Yes. she is in the 5 acre pasture behind their house. When the man comes to get the 1/2 MFB cows that had the 3/4 MFB bull calves in August, we will put those calves in with her. (They are steers, by the way, and I am bringing them back with me Labor Day weekend after the dove shoot. Scott said Zeke still leads Gail down to his house about every other day, to ask his wife if she is about to have her baby yet! Ms. Mattie is recovering nicely...gets around with just a cane now, but it is one of those canes with 4 feet on it at the bottom. She keeps Zeke busy during the day helping her can, make preserves, putting vegetables up in the freezer, etc. Those boys in the MC bought her a huge freezer, and one of them is always brining by some kind of meat to go in it, So, she sends them home with jars of soups, canned veggies and preserves. A couple of nights a week, Scott and Zeke take the beagles over to the Kudzu place, build a fire ( Damned if I know why..it MIGHT get below 90 at night) and listen to the rabbit races. He is about to get over the mental and emotional trauma, just every once in a while he gets to thinking about it and gets a little sacred, but not much. The MC has done more for him in that regard than any kind of psycho therapy or counseling could have. A couple of times he has called me at night. He will tell me he just got to worrying that the sob might come back. He will say " But my brothers ( the MC) won't let him hurt me or Momma again will they?" I wish I could tell him that they have made sure he won't ever hurt them or anyone else again ,but I won't. I just tell him his brothers aren't gonna let anyone else, ever, hurt him or Ms Mattie again. Physically, he has a hump on the bridge of his nose and there is some disfiguration, where the sob was stomping his head, and broke the orbital socket and his nose. One of the black MC members has a sister that is an ENT and plastic surgeon down in Jacksonville. She told us she would fix it pro bono, but she said it is really not hrting anything. We all thought that the ordeal of going down there, staying in a hospital and the recovery etc, would just not be worth it. And Zeke isn't bothered by his looks at all.

Oh, and last time Clay ( @Sthrncwboy ) was down there with me, he showed Zeke all the pics you have posted of Bessie and all of her babies. So now he keeps hoping Gail will have a bunch of babies! Keeps asking Scott's wife reckon how many she will have! LOL. Clay told him she didn't exactly have that many babies, but that she was a very nice cow that just loves babies and wants to take care of babies who don't have a momma. That sparked about an hour of having to explain why they didn't have a momma! Zeke said " Well, me and Gail love them, too. Can they come live with us? Gail will be their momma and I will be their daddy!" So, I reckon I will have to buy some bottle calves next year!
Best watch it or you'll have another milk cow or three too! I bet you those calves will sure be about the most loved on beeves in the county, too. Might ought to focus on heifer calves so he don't have to get no explanations too grim as to where they'll go after point of sale, you can just say somebody else is gonna turn them into a mama cow.

Best watch it or you'll have another milk cow or three too! I bet you those calves will sure be about the most loved on beeves in the county, too. Might ought to focus on heifer calves so he don't have to get no explanations too grim as to where they'll go after point of sale, you can just say somebody else is gonna turn them into a mama cow.
Oh, if I buy any bottle calves they will be heifers for sure. Let him start his own little 3 or 4 cow herd :)

Latest posts