What would you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

Which order should we watch the Lonesome Dove series?

• In historical order; Dead Man’s Walk, Comanche Moon, Lonesome Dove, Return to Lonesome Dove

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • In Release order; Lonesome Dove, Return to Lonesome Dove, Dead Man’s Walk, Comanche Moon

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Only Lonesome Dove, nobody beats the original cast

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

SBMF 2015

Reaction score
The kids and I are having a lazy day.
We're talking about watching a long movie and I realized that they haven't seen Lonesome Dove.
They made prequels and sequels. Some are good on their own, others not so great.

I like chronological order / historical order.... I am trying to get the whole shebang of the "Yellowstone" bunch so I can watch in chronological order .... have only seen 1-2-3 so not too terrible to go back and start from the beginning....
How many spin offs are there anyway??? 1883 with Tim and Faith.... but there are more right???
Need a Yellowstone fanatic to list all the ones and their "dates" or time periods...

I like chronological order / historical order.... I am trying to get the whole shebang of the "Yellowstone" bunch so I can watch in chronological order .... have only seen 1-2-3 so not too terrible to go back and start from the beginning....
How many spin offs are there anyway??? 1883 with Tim and Faith.... but there are more right???
Need a Yellowstone fanatic to list all the ones and their "dates" or time periods...
Yellowstone, 1883, and 1923....the one with Harrison Ford. And another spinoff was in the works before the writer's strike..6666. Jimmy goes back there permenantly, along with the country singer dude that got sent to the train station.

Last edited:
They have to get a good dose of the original Augustus McCrae and Woodrow F Call, in order to appreciate the spinoffs. I think that Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones were perfect for their parts and nobody else could have pulled it off the way that they did.

Latest posts