Another update: Unbelievable what a couple of CT members have done

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
If you remember...or if you don't read back on these threads about Zeke and his Jersey cow Gail... I had posted about us getting Gail bred to a neighbor's Brahma, and talked about how we hoped she had a heifer calf, that Zeke could probably sell for $2k when it was a long yearling. And I posted about this amazing couple on here, that messaged me that they wanted top buy her, and wopuld giove Zeke $4k for that heifer calf! Just a few days later, they messaged me asking how the check should be made out, and where to send it, Said they felt like Zeke could use the money now, I asked " "But what if is a bull calf. Let's wait til its born" They said no, they were sending ot now, and if it is a bull they will own the highest selling half Brahma steer of the year! They will NOT l;et me publicly thank them, or use their names on here, and I so wish I could after what they told me a couple of days ago. Here is part of a PM they sent me a couple of days ago.:

……………Mr. Allison, I saw your post on the thread about the 2 new heifers for Zeke. I read your reply to someone about having the other 3 cows with their babies and adopted orphans, will help a lot when it is time to deliver Gail's calf to the people who bought it. It never occurred to me and ##### (her husband) that this may be traumatic to Zeke, giving up Gail's first calf. I am sure it didn't occur to you or Scott either. We have been thinking and praying about this, and xxxxx and I feel like the thing to do is withdraw the offer to buy, What we could have and should have done, is just sent the check as a donation. We would like for you to consider that money as just that. A donation.

We go down to Florida about the 2nd or 3rd week in December, and stay til after the first of the year. Both xxxxx's and my parents and grandparents live there. We have no children or any other family up here. What we would love to do, and would feel so blessed if we could do it, is to meet you, Scott, Zeke, Ms. Mattie, and your wives in Perry for lunch or dinner. I just want to meet Zeke, hug his neck, tell him how brave I think he is, and proud I am of him for taking care of Ms. Mattie, and Gail, so well. If everyone is agreeable to this, I would like for you to send me a list of Zeke's shoe and clothing sizes. And Ms. Mattie's as well. And help us think of something else Zeke would like for Christmas other than clothes. Same with Ms, Mattie. Let us know if there is something she needs, like an appliance, TV, or anything else you can think of. If we get to do this, it will truly be a wonderful Christmas for us……………..

The rest of the email was just them saying some generous things about me and Scott, and I don't want to post that. Though I was grateful for the kind words.
I know y'all are reading this, and I want you to know that y'all are truly great Americans. I feel so very lucky and blessed to meet you on here, and to finally meet y'all face to face. You didn't have to do this...any of this....and what y'all are doing has touched my heart and soul. I consider you my friends and as all-stars on Team Zeke. A lot of people say this, but when I say it I mean it. Aything..anything at all..that you might need, or that I could do to help you...I will be there. I will divulge that y'all are in your 30's, and it is so thrilling to realize that there are still young people out there Like yourselves.

You right... unbelievable.

Reminds me of some of the things artificial intelligence is being seen to do recently. On the one hand we have people sending money to someone based on a story they have no real knowledge of, and on the other hand we have a halo effect being cultivated.

And then there are our own desires to believe the best... and yet wonder if something is too good to be true. I don't donate or invest my belief in the Red Cross or United Way because of what I've seen in the real world results. We'd all wish the stories were true... but it's too easy to fool people which is why scams work and why they are invented. It's a sad fact that our hearts are engaged too easily and that skepticism is often too late. And often that nagging voice of reason is actively ignored as being too harsh.

You right... unbelievable.

Reminds me of some of the things artificial intelligence is being seen to do recently. On the one hand we have people sending money to someone based on a story they have no real knowledge of, and on the other hand we have a halo effect being cultivated.

And then there are our own desires to believe the best... and yet wonder if something is too good to be true. I don't donate or invest my belief in the Red Cross or United Way because of what I've seen in the real world results. We'd all wish the stories were true... but it's too easy to fool people which is why scams work and why they are invented. It's a sad fact that our hearts are engaged too easily and that skepticism is often too late. And often that nagging voice of reason is actively ignored as being too harsh.
If he's an AI, he's certainly an AI with a Cartersville phone number that links directly to the office of a legitimate business who I've talked to many times and who has invited me out when I have time, so that's a damn good AI.

If he's an AI, he's certainly an AI with a Cartersville phone number that links directly to the office of a legitimate business who I've talked to many times and who has invited me out when I have time, so that's a damn good AI.
LOL... People use AI to create stories, books, articles, and to answer test questions. Maybe you haven't heard about the recent concerns/controversies?

Thanks for posting, that Josh. I had read it and never caught on that he was slinging a dig at me. I went back and re-read it, and damn if I don't think you are right! It is a shame for someone to post smears on a story about 2 wonderful CT members, But, no one that matters pays him any attention anyway. I have been called worse things than "artificially intelligent." Remember that time he said that me and you were the same person? And that me and Clay or that you and Clay were the same person.?

LOL... People use AI to create stories, books, articles, and to answer test questions. Maybe you haven't heard about the recent concerns/controversies?
I've heard plenty, though as little as possible. I stay as disconnected from the world as I can. Keeping up with all current events used to be part of my full-time job, hasn't been for a long time so I care very little about what goes on in the world other than I hope it accelerates because I'm tired of waiting.

Thanks for posting, that Josh. I had read it and never caught on that he was slinging a dig at me. I went back and re-read it, and damn if I don't think you are right! It is a shame for someone to post smears on a story about 2 wonderful CT members, But, no one that matters pays him any attention anyway. I have been called worse things than "artificially intelligent." Remember that time he said that me and you were the same person? And that me and Clay or that you and Clay were the same person.?
It's an age of suspicion, though I'm glad that last one was settled, because I'm definitely younger and prettier than y'all. And no need to thank me, Mr. Allison, stirring the pot a mite is its own reward.

Last edited:
I have to admit this thread does not sit well with me. It gave me a red flag the first time I read. I've read it at least ten more times since then and I still can't get with it.

This is very dangerous. I'm not sure what is going on but I would really warn people agasint this type of stuff. It's paving the way for all sorts of scams on this board.

I prefer to hold the philosophy that a little trust and good will cost me nothing to offer if somebody hasn't given me any observable reason not to and I don't see any path where they have bad intentions they're working towards. There's a perfectly walkable line between not being so trusting as to be disarmed by pretty talking and also not being so suspicious that everything has to conceal some sort of mystery or conspiracy. The world has enough clear and present dangers without needing to try and hunt up any new ones.

What's it hurting?
I'd like to know if anyone has decided to "contribute" in private messages to @Warren Allison and if he is accepting... which apparently he is inclined to do if the info in this OP is true.

It's always nice to think everything is above board when you hear a sob story and people helping out... but I know more people that have been scammed than people that are contributing with good results. Of course people that play into these kinds of stories are less inclined to publish their largess so we don't hear unless they are a victim of a con.

And since when is advising caution a bad thing?

And one other thing... At least I don't talk behind Warren's back and obliquely insult him. I come at him face to face. I don't trust the guy for several reasons and he hasn't done anything over time to assuage my suspicions.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if anyone has decided to "contribute" in private messages to @Warren Allison and if he is accepting... which apparently he is inclined to do if the info in this OP is true.
I don't know, go ask. I've spoke to him in DMs and over the phone and he's never asked me for anything. I've actually offered him help with stuff when he was running himself ragged and had my offer turned down, I don't know too many con men that turn down free labor that travels.

It's always nice to think everything is above board when you hear a sob story and people helping out... but I know more people that have been scammed than people that are contributing with good results. Of course people that play into these kinds of stories are less inclined to publish their largess so we don't hear unless they are a victim of a con.
This board is full of some very outspoken people, if he scammed someone I believe it would get out.

And since when is advising caution a bad thing?
Never did I ever say it was. They're your words, use them how you like.

And one other thing... At least I don't talk behind Warren's back and obliquely insult him. I come at him face to face. I don't trust the guy for several reasons and he hasn't done anything over time to assuage my suspicions.
That's none of my concern, a man's thoughts and feelings and opinions are his to have and I've never said anything different.

I'm sure people wonder what my dog in this is, and it's this: even if some of y'all are about half goofy at times, I respect 95%+ of the members here. I learn things here about stuff I already thought I pretty well knew in and out. In my time here, I've broadened my mind on several things and have learned some whole new ones. I do love to stir a little shyt for sport, but I'm that guy offline too. What I hate to see is experienced men and women whose knowledge bases could compliment each other so well even if different that are effectively unable to even occupy the same threads without a good chance for shyt flinging with actual sincere ill feelings. I understand that not everyone will like each other and there's a reason I said 95% earlier because there are people on here I just do not like same as anybody, but when it's constant call-outs and dogpiles then there's not much room to do anything other than throw shyt like monkeys and sneak insults like a damn sewing circle.

What's it hurting?
This thread has all the same ingredients of a scam which is based on real issues, I get. CT has been very insulated from that, ime, so far but other websites and forums have not been. It was/is very popular to run go fund me and all sorts of other things to raise money for people. Some are legit and some are not. Forums or websites with classifieds see it a lot more. Most other forums have rules agaisnt it, period, for that reason.

I'm not saying that is what is going on here but it desensitizes people to the risk. I know at times this place feels like your local coffee shop or the lunch room at the auction barn but it is not. The world, both human and machine, can see every... single... thing... you say... or do... on here.

@Travlr is correct. They did a study with AI and it literally hired a human to pose as it to get in and handle certain parts for it, with out being prompted. They have AI listening to people, copying their voices and stories, calling family members, and they don't realize it.

To give people a small taste of what is out there, I can buy a $200 game camera for a couple hundred dollars that can look at a deer, go through all the pics, tag that deer, and then predict where it is likely to be based off its patterns. If they can do that with a deer for $200, imagine what they can do with a picture of your face or your writing style.

Again, not saying that is what is going on here but we need to be really diligent with what we are doing online. Make sure you call and talk with people or meet with them or do some thing to confirm what the situation is.

I know of a situation recently where an entity was making construction payments via email and wires for a multimillion dollar project. They had a good ol boy handling it. He received and email, forwarded to the bank, they paid out several hundred thousand dollars to the info on the email. Some one mocked the past emails to a T with one slight change in the wire info numbers. The money went overseas and was never recovered.

Its too easy for these people to prey on people through things just like this. I agree that we are far better off sticking to cattle on here and steering away from things like this.

Were this thread a bridge too far, which I'll leave to the mods because that's their say, how many of you have already said where you live, where you work, marital status, number and age of your kids, posted images that can be geo referenced, etc? How many people use their real name on here, have phone numbers listed, LLCs and so on? This place almost certainly is or will be datamined, and plenty enough is already there. That said, if it's determined that these threads about more localized coffee shop topics aren't welcomed then we can figure out a way for those who like them to get them off of the main forum. Me and a buddy actually host several such things.

I don't understand what purpose this thread serves. The people who did the good deed did not want attention on the board, which is very smart. Yet, here we are.
The purpose of this thread, was to share what I feel is a wonderful story of kindness and compassion by two of our CT family. Yes, they wanted to remain anonymous and I protected their wishes. I don't know why you and Looney Tunes want to tear them down, discredit what they have done. What is the purpose of your comment? Why would you want to try to throw a wet rag on the happiness and joy they received by doing this? What is the purpose of trying to insult their intelligence? Do you really think they just up and sent a check or wire transfer without doing their due diligence? Or that I would just respond to a message by sending routing and account numbers for the trust account to someone that I hadn't talked to, and done some DD of my own on them? She and I just got off the phone, and we talked some about this thread.

Last edited:
Were this thread a bridge too far, which I'll leave to the mods because that's their say, how many of you have already said where you live, where you work, marital status, number and age of your kids, posted images that can be geo referenced, etc? How many people use their real name on here, have phone numbers listed, LLCs and so on? This place almost certainly is or will be datamined, and plenty enough is already there. That said, if it's determined that these threads about more localized coffee shop topics aren't welcomed then we can figure out a way for those who like them to get them off of the main forum. Me and a buddy actually host several such things.
I agree. This is not an attack on what was done but rather a suggestion of discretion to prevent a much larger issue.