My last update: The close of a chapter in my life

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, the man came and got the 6 remaining MFB/Corr cows today, And, the boy I sold my Plummers to, that is using our Corr bull Chico to try and raise smaller bucking bulls for high school rodeo, bought the 3/4 MFB 1/4 Corr calf we left as a bull, He wants to use him on his mini Zebu cows to raise some junior sized Plummer bulls. So I got 5 Corr steers left down there, I will bring them back home with me after the dove shoot. We are going to leave those 5 in the arena til this weekend, then turn them back on the kudzu about this coming Saturday. Well, they were bawling like hell for momma as soon as he pulled out of the lot with th cows. This got Zeke real upset. He has been worrying about calves not having a momma for a couple of weeks now, He wanted to carry them to his house and put them in the pasture with Gail. And he wont shut up about you, @MurraysMutts . Scott has to show him your pictures in here about every day, He thinks you are The 2nd Coming! LOL. I told him I just had my horse trailer with me, and didn't have anyone to help me load them even if I had a cattle trailer with me. I told Zeke they would be fine til this weekend, when they will have forgot about momma and were happy eating sweet feed. He said " That's not what Mister Maury would do!" He pronounces it MAR-y (rhymes with starry). I said well, what WOULD Mr, Maury do? Zeke said " Mr. Maury would go get Gail and bring her to stay with the boys so they don't get scared"!!! :)

So, we ended up going to get Gail. Me and Zeke, with Zeke riding my mule and leading Gail over to the Kudzu pasture! Scott had carried that Herford-Guernsey he bought for Zeke over to the man with the red Brahma bull, so they will just leave Gail with the steers over there til he brings the H-G cow home.

Last edited:
When a door closes, another almost always opens. We all are going to reach that age (or already have) where we have to do something else or different. There's an old saying "Those that can; do. Those that can't; teach. It can be taken as a derogatory reference or a good reference. I choose to see it as a positive guide.
Don't let your lifetime experience go to waste. Mentor as many young ones as you comfortably can WHILE you still can.

I have known people who had huge quantities of knowledge and experience and kept it all to themselves..my own twin brother was like that. Took all that lifetime mechanic experience with him to the grave. I love him but IMO, much of his life was wasted since he didn't want to share his knowledge with his co-workers and those that worked for him.

Teach, Warren.

The Jers-Gurns and Jersey- Brown Swiss heifers are confirmed bred. In the morning I am taking them down to the Kudzu field. Gonna stop by on the way and pick up that Corr x Chianina/Brahma steer we were gonna BBQ whole for the dove shoot, but now he will just be 1 of Zeke's herd. Gonna put those 3 down at the Kudzu place, with Gail and the Herford-Guermsey who is now bred to the same red Brahma Gail is. She and those heifers will calve about the same time in March. Gail calves this December. Gonna leave that 7 month old 3/4 MFB bull for the junior rodeo guy to pick up whenever he wants to, as long as it is out of there after Gail calves. So, gonna have 6 head down there on 220 acres of Kudzu. We will leave them there til mid-November when quail & rabbit season opens. I am bringing those 5 remaining Corr steers back up here to put in the roping herd. And, I am bringing my gaited mule and my SSH back with me too. I won't need them down there til after quail season starts. And I won't have to go back down there til Aug 30 or so. YAY!!!!

The Jers-Gurns and Jersey- Brown Swiss heifers are confirmed bred. In the morning I am taking them down to the Kudzu field. Gonna stop by on the way and pick up that Corr x Chianina/Brahma steer we were gonna BBQ whole for the dove shoot, but now he will just be 1 of Zeke's herd. Gonna put those 3 down at the Kudzu place, with Gail and the Herford-Guermsey who is now bred to the same red Brahma Gail is. She and those heifers will calve about the same time in March. Gail calves this December. Gonna leave that 7 month old 3/4 MFB bull for the junior rodeo guy to pick up whenever he wants to, as long as it is out of there after Gail calves. So, gonna have 6 head down there on 220 acres of Kudzu. We will leave them there til mid-November when quail & rabbit season opens. I am bringing those 5 remaining Corr steers back up here to put in the roping herd. And, I am bringing my gaited mule and my SSH back with me too. I won't need them down there til after quail season starts. And I won't have to go back down there til Aug 30 or so. YAY!!!!
Your are going to HAVE TO have @Sthrncwboy post pics of those calves!!!

And behave! I wanna see em when they get here! 🤣🤣🤣

Now I got something to look forward to!

I was talking about the babies when they get here next spring tho. LOVE to see them mamas for sure as well!
Gail's calf will get here around Christmas. Man, I hope it is a heifer and turns out like those @Caustic Burno has! Gail is the only full blood Jeresey out of the 4. The other 3 this spring will be heifers. They were bred with sexed semen. But I will get Clay to make some pics tomorrow. He probably would anyway, whether I asked him to or not.

I REALLY like those cattle that @Caustic Burno posted a while back.

If their disposition was that of a Jersey cow I'd strongly consider changing my herd up and running a black bull.

How is their disposition CB?
Dog gentle, cept for about two weeks after calving, then they ain't playing.
Cattle being easy or wild is all about management especially with Brahman and their crosses.
Never seen one that played cowboy or crazy whooping and hollering well.792DE6F8-042B-4333-8D6B-9E0D9462FEAB.jpegshe wasn't in the mood to play.

Gail's calf will get here around Christmas. Man, I hope it is a heifer and turns out like those @Caustic Burno has! Gail is the only full blood Jeresey out of the 4. The other 3 this spring will be heifers. They were bred with sexed semen. But I will get Clay to make some pics tomorrow. He probably would anyway, whether I asked him to or not.
Well, we were at the 475-75 split before Macon when Clay said " Oh sh*t...forgot to make pics"' It would be 45 minutes back to the place, and I wanted to get those steers and my mule and SSH off the trailer. So I said I wasn't going back. Then Clay said he would call Zeke and get him to do it. He and Zeke have done this for a while...send each other pics. Well the first pic Zee sent was one of a gigantic eyeball, I suspect it may have been the Herf x Guernsey . Next one was 9 pics of that eye, like the little pics you'd get with your school pictures package, , 9 to a sheet, 3x3, that you could cut out to give to your friends. Clay told him to try it one more time, and we got a pic of a white body...looked like the rib area of th CH-Br x Corr steer we brought that day. So we gave up. Scott was feeling very bad today, and had went back to his house when we left, or we was gonna get him to take them. The air here in most of Ga has been brutal, with all the smoke form the Canada fires. I get to where I cant hardly breath too well when I am outside, Inside the truck with the AC circulating or in the house, I can do ok. Got home about the time a tornado had touched down, totally demolishing a gym a few miles from the place we keep our practice steers. Looks like it exploded 1689967605994.png
ne pic. 1689967651310.png

Last edited:
Well, we were at the 475-75 split before Macon when Clay said " Oh sh*t...forgot to make pics"' It would be 45 minutes back to the place, and I wanted to get those steers and my mule and SSH off the trailer. So I said I wasn't going back. Then Clay said he would call Zeke and get him to do it. He and Zeke have done this for a while...send each other pics. Well the first pic Zee sent was one of a gigantic eyeball, I suspect it may have been the Herf x Guernsey . Next one was 9 pics of that eye, like the little pics you'd get with your school pictures package, , 9 to a sheet, 3x3, that you could cut out to give to your friends. Clay told him to try it one more time, and we got a pic of a white body...looked like the rib area of th CH-Br x Corr steer we brought that day. So we gave up. Scott was feeling very bad today, and had went back to his house when we left, or we was gonna get him to take them. The air here in most of Ga has been brutal, with all the smoke form the Canada fires. I get to where I cant hardly breath too well when I am outside, Inside the truck with the AC circulating or in the house, I can do ok. Got home about the time a tornado had touched down, totally demolishing a gym a few miles from the place we keep our practice steers. Looks like it exploded View attachment 32773
ne pic. View attachment 32774
We had some 84mph winds around 4am this morning. Blew a train off the track a few miles down the road. Took out a cell tower.
Trees here and there. Knocked my BBQ grill over. Flipped my outside chairs. But the calf hut and calf were right where I left em! So weird...

We had some 84mph winds around 4am this morning. Blew a train off the track a few miles down the road. Took out a cell tower.
Trees here and there. Knocked my BBQ grill over. Flipped my outside chairs. But the calf hut and calf were right where I left em! So weird...
Dang! Blew a train off the track but didn't move a plastic calf hut! I just had one tree broken off about half way up, and some metal on the roof of my horse barn got curled up a little.

Dang! Blew a train off the track but didn't move a plastic calf hut! I just had one tree broken off about half way up, and some metal on the roof of my horse barn got curled up a little.
That reminds me. I gotta look at barns tomorrow!

The train was hauling double stacked containers. I'm sure that helped. I should sneak over there and get a pic or two..

They say it'll be several days before the road is open

So. last night I connected my phone to the computer., to upload the pics to it so I can share, email, post on here and FB and all. Like I have done 1000 times. This keeps my gallery on the phone from becoming overloaded.. Dunno what I did wrong, but none of them uploaded to the computer, but it did delete them from the phone. Those Black Simm and Chi-Angus I worked over July 4th- gone. The Red Angus x Charbray and the Red Brangus x Charolais I worked for Dan- gone. When we stopped to get that steer last week, I took a bunch of pics of those Braunveih/Brown Swiss you sold him, and the f1 Black Braford heifers he has from the Brahma herd you bought him-gone. Plus other pictures that were in my gallery that I did not try to upload to my computer are gone. Just while ago, I took a pic and tried to upload it and it worked. I hate that Iphone and will go back to Android when it is time to renew.

Well, we were at the 475-75 split before Macon when Clay said " Oh sh*t...forgot to make pics"' It would be 45 minutes back to the place, and I wanted to get those steers and my mule and SSH off the trailer. So I said I wasn't going back. Then Clay said he would call Zeke and get him to do it. He and Zeke have done this for a while...send each other pics. Well the first pic Zee sent was one of a gigantic eyeball, I suspect it may have been the Herf x Guernsey . Next one was 9 pics of that eye, like the little pics you'd get with your school pictures package, , 9 to a sheet, 3x3, that you could cut out to give to your friends. Clay told him to try it one more time, and we got a pic of a white body...looked like the rib area of th CH-Br x Corr steer we brought that day. So we gave up. Scott was feeling very bad today, and had went back to his house when we left, or we was gonna get him to take them. The air here in most of Ga has been brutal, with all the smoke form the Canada fires. I get to where I cant hardly breath too well when I am outside, Inside the truck with the AC circulating or in the house, I can do ok. Got home about the time a tornado had touched down, totally demolishing a gym a few miles from the place we keep our practice steers. Looks like it exploded View attachment 32773
ne pic. View attachment 32774
how in the world are the lights still on?

Latest posts