Got my wood up

Help Support CattleToday:

I started early this year, I didn't do it all by myself this, I had to have help.
I haven't measured it, but it should be 6-8 cords.
Retail around here, that would be several thousand $$$$$.
I suppose I should get my fireplace and chimney inspected and burn some wood next winter...I've said that for 2 winters now.. I can get all the oak for free back in East Texas next time I go back to visit family..

Retail around here, that would be several thousand $$$$$.
I suppose I should get my fireplace and chimney inspected and burn some wood next winter...I've said that for 2 winters now.. I can get all the oak for free back in East Texas next time I go back to visit family..
I love burning a wood stove/ fireplace.
My home has two fireplaces, one of my other places has a wood burning stove from tsc, it has the glass door on it, it's very efficient, puts out a lot of heat using less wood than a fireplace, my other cabin out west, I haven't installed a wood stove yet, but I'm going to.

You are going to stay warm looks like. I didn't figure living in Texas you would need that much wood.

I try to get my mother in wood as she uses it in the coldest weather.

V6COHf4.jpg

hLduG1s.jpg

We have so many post oak die, and I don't like seeing them go to waste, I can put it under a shed and it will last for years, I kept my disabled aunt supplied with wood for years until she passed, that's the only way she heated her house.
I do enjoy doing it, it's good exercise, but my bad back has slowed me down.
If times get tough I can always sell it, but I don't plan too, good cured wood sells for good money even in Texas.

We have so many post oak die, and I don't like seeing them go to waste, I can put it under a shed and it will last for years, I kept my disabled aunt supplied with wood for years until she passed, that's the only way she heated her house.
I do enjoy doing it, it's good exercise, but my bad back has slowed me down.
If times get tough I can always sell it, but I don't plan too, good cured wood sells for good money even in Texas.
You have luck with post oak? It seems to rot out here pretty quickly. It doesn't make much of a coal either when you burn it.