Soaking up the sunshine

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas puzzies:ROFLMAO:

I sat through it this morning. We were lucky. Zero wind. I managed to drink a thermos full of coffee in my skivvies before daylight.
I'm okay at 17 degrees (-8c for you freaks:ROFLMAO: Just land me some long johns and a bowl of warm barley. Then pass me a bottle of single malt and get out of my way.

Last edited:
Limbs and tops breaking out the trunks will get us over the next few years.
Speaking of wind and potential trees falling....We have had 2 days with high winds that have had gusts 40-60 mph. I'm very glad I had that persimmon tree cut when I did. Remember the stump with my nice, white tennis shoe @Jeanne - Simme Valley gave me a hard time about? ;)

Speaking of wind and potential trees falling....We have had 2 days with high winds that have had gusts 40-60 mph. I'm very glad I had that persimmon tree cut when I did. Remember the stump with my nice, white tennis shoe @Jeanne - Simme Valley gave me a hard time about? ;)
All that big timber that died in this drought will haunt us for awhile.

I abruptly woke up one morning to find my wife hovering right over my face. Scared the crap out of me.
WTF?
"I was just checking to see if you were still breathing"
Our son used to do that when he was little, he'd wake up scared or something and come in our room and we'd wake up to him right in our face hoping we'd wake up and console him, usually we frightened him more with our reaction LOL.

We have been spared from the wind. It has been dead calm these last two mornings and just a light breeze otherwise.
9 degrees at the moment, forecasting 3-5 inches statewide, beginning mid-day, with locally higher amounts for the hillbillies in the Ozarks and Ouachitas.

We have been spared from the wind. It has been dead calm these last two mornings and just a light breeze otherwise.
9 degrees at the moment, forecasting 3-5 inches statewide, beginning mid-day, with locally higher amounts for the hillbillies in the Ozarks and Ouachitas.
I just went out and busted ice, wasn't terrible except on my cheeks and nose where my beard doesn't cover. One of the cows had tears froze on the side of her face below her eyes.

All the dead ash trees in this area are causing some major hassles now with the winds taking them down and anything that had broken stuff from the several ice storms last winter and this year so far.
Selling my Ash. Will start cutting tomorrow. Also thinning out some firewood trees.
Sold Ash about 8 years ago. Trying to keep them sold before ruined because of the Ash bore.

The thunder storm that came through Thursday night and early Friday morning brought some dirt from areas west of us.
It was still in the upper 50's at midnight Thursday, but the rain turned to ice pellets by 8am Friday.
I had one guy leave work early Friday because he was sick; bad headache and allergy like symptoms.
A lot of folks have been complaining about headaches and respiratory issues.
This dirt must've come from Texas or Oklahoma. Sooner cooties I suspect.
4784EC2D-710D-4A5F-8207-353C236AA666.jpeg

Selling my Ash. Will start cutting tomorrow. Also thinning out some firewood trees.
Sold Ash about 8 years ago. Trying to keep them sold before ruined because of the Ash bore.
Selling your ash? Our local mountain women do that too. If a man can get past the dirty bare feet and snaggle tooth, it ain't bad, although not necessarily good either.

I was heading to town yesterday and only saw 2 of my bulls in the east 80. Scanned the pasture and dang near had heart failure when I saw what looked like a flat-out dead bull about .25 miles from the township road. Cuz that's a weird place to soak up the sunshine. Hit the brakes and was just getting ready to pull in when Willy's head popped up behind Woody. Whew! Okay, WTH is that black thing that looks like a dead bull? Got close enough and it's just a pile of dirt. Evidently the oil company dumped it there for whatever reason.:rolleyes:IMG_20240224_144819251.jpg

Latest posts