Soaking up the sunshine

Help Support CattleToday:

Next one is going to be worse. Temps Sunday Morning (Jan 14) down to 10-11F and every night afterwards for a full week, a chance of snow or wintery mix.
Yeah...our forecast is showing several nights next week with lows in the mid- to low 20's with a couple showing around 18 for an overnight low. Rain is also in the forecast so next week may get a little nasty.

I am treating a newborn right now. Finally got some freezing ground and had 6-8" of snow. Turned out a newborn in morning. Winds picked up really bad and afternoon and thru the night down pouring rain at about 35F. Absolutely the worse weather and the calf didn't stay in the calf shelter.

I am treating a newborn right now. Finally got some freezing ground and had 6-8" of snow. Turned out a newborn in morning. Winds picked up really bad and afternoon and thru the night down pouring rain at about 35F. Absolutely the worse weather and the calf didn't stay in the calf shelter.
Hang in there

I had minor heart failure today. Driving up to the west 80 with the bred & retained heifers, saw one of my fave breds flat out. WTH??? Pulled in & fed the others, which always makes a lot of racket, before I went over to investigate. We scared the shyt outta each other when I poked her and she jolted awake. Evidently, she was just completely passed out & enjoying one of the last sunny days before the brutal cold front. Hate when they do that!!!!!

I see it often when one of the boys rest by sticking a horn in the ground.
How are we supposed to be calm???
I had minor heart failure today. Driving up to the west 80 with the bred & retained heifers, saw one of my fave breds flat out. WTH??? Pulled in & fed the others, which always makes a lot of racket, before I went over to investigate. We scared the shyt outta each other when I poked her and she jolted awake. Evidently, she was just completely passed out & enjoying one of the last sunny days before the brutal cold front. Hate when they do that!!!!!
Yeah that's a gut wrenching feeling. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose. Bunch of wiseacres they are.

I had a goat that I was sure was dead, I gave her a kick, and was about as startled as she was when she jumped up. I guess she was very comfortable.

I had a goat that I was sure was dead, I gave her a kick, and was about as startled as she was when she jumped up.
I did a normally very docile cow like that and when she didn't get up I turned and walked back to my 4 wheeler and she had 'come alive', charged up and chunked me over the 4wheeler, then went the rest of the way nuts. She disappeared sometime/somewhere in the night, never to be seen by anyone again..

I did a normally very docile cow like that and when she didn't get up I turned and walked back to my 4 wheeler and she had 'come alive', charged up and chunked me over the 4wheeler, then went the rest of the way nuts. She disappeared sometime/somewhere in the night, never to be seen by anyone again..
First wife?

Yesterday, I saw one laying down when I went to put out some cubes. I was in the truck instead of on the tractor. Driving down there, I didn't know if she was going to get up or not. Some of the others started bellowing and she stood up. Turns out she was just laying down soaking up the sun.

Yesterday, I saw one laying down when I went to put out some cubes. I was in the truck instead of on the tractor. Driving down there, I didn't know if she was going to get up or not. Some of the others started bellowing and she stood up. Turns out she was just laying down soaking up the sun.
I drove right up to a bull, back when I had the Hummer - and it was loud. Sumbytch didn't even move until I got out & kicked him.

I did have one of the oil tank drivers flag me down last summer because from the road, it looked like one of my calves was dead. Nope, same thing. Hate it!

Nothing like a flat out animal enjoying life and sun to give you a heart attack! Yep, ran so fast to check the old mare I nearly hurt myself.
I abruptly woke up one morning to find my wife hovering right over my face. Scared the crap out of me.
WTF?
"I was just checking to see if you were still breathing"