Soaking up the sunshine

Help Support CattleToday:

Like seeing green grass ! You must have got some rain ?
We're not out of the woods yet.
All the ponds and lakes still way low.
You don't make up 30" or more in a few rainstorms.
The positive is the last two systems have covered a wide area of the state.
We just need them to camp out a few days.

was a really nice day. I took this one at high noon. Shadows are still longer than the trees are tall.

Speaking of.....

What ever happened to high noon? I remember as a kid using/hearing the term all the time. I noticed in the past few years there isn't one, a high noon, as your pictures suggest. The sun at lunch time was up above not near the horizon.

If East Tx got/gets the wind we've had here all night, yall better look your trees and fences over this morning.
It has been a banshee since about sundown yesterday and hasn't let up yet.

Yes I am worried about that. I can't get out to my place until Saturday. I have a lot of dead trees from the drought.

The sun has been shining bright today...clear blue sky...beautiful...BUT...the wind is like a friggin' knife...cuts right through you...ambient temps inthe mid-40's to low 50's...wind makes it feel a lot colder - along with the humidity...too pretty to stay in but the wind's too cold to stay out much...winter in east Texas...

The sun has been shining bright today...clear blue sky...beautiful...BUT...the wind is like a friggin' knife...cuts right through you...ambient temps inthe mid-40's to low 50's...wind makes it feel a lot colder - along with the humidity...too pretty to stay in but the wind's too cold to stay out much...winter in east Texas...
Next one is going to be worse. Temps Sunday Morning (Jan 14) down to 10-11F and every night afterwards for a full week, a chance of snow or wintery mix.

Latest posts