When my 55" is gone....

Help Support CattleToday:

Define irony. TVs got bigger, better, lighter and cheaper/sq inch just as programming got worse, so much worse to the point that the best shows are very old movies and 60s-70s reruns..
When the company I was working for was trying to lure me out to another area they bought me a trailer/ office. Our secretary ordered all the furniture, beds, pots and pans, etc. She ordered me a big TV and a nice recliner. It was dang near the whole living room in that trailer. 😄 She told me... I know how yall (men) are. She was such a cool lady. I took a pic and sent it to my bosses and and said thanks for the tv. It had Hoss on the screen because I was watching Bonanza. Our VP said... we should have bought him an old box tv if he was just going to watch shows from 50 years ago... as a joke. 🤣

Define irony. TVs got bigger, better, lighter and cheaper/sq inch just as programming got worse, so much worse to the point that the best shows are very old movies and 60s-70s reruns..
I have been watching mostly the old TV shows and movies. I don't even know what the new shows are.

I have been watching mostly the old TV shows and movies. I don't even know what the new shows are.
You're not missing a great deal There are a few good ones, but not many.

Most have a bunch of trans/gay ****. It ruins it for me. Even Disney movies/cartoons are like that now.

Last edited:
Most of the new movies and tv shows aren't fit to watch, especially with kids in the house. You never know what random, off the wall junk they are gonna say or show on them. For me, it's still hard to beat Andy Griffith. It was funny and clean, and had lots of good life lessons in it too.

Have any of y'all watched that new show on Paramount+, Lawmen Bass Reeves? It was produced by Taylor Sheridan the producer of yellowstone. It's a good show also another one on Paramount + is Joe Puckett.

If we any tv stations it's pretty much MeTV, and Grit.
Wife has the Amazon deal and can get a variety of show series through that. The big problem is you get into watching a season of something and then they don't have the rest of it.
We were watching the Big Valley shows at night, and got into it and they dropped it. Then she found a new season of Heartland but they didn't have the next.
Those old shows are much better all the way around. I've literally hated most stuff from the last 30 years. Even some of it that was kind of funny, is trashy when you think about it.

If we any tv stations it's pretty much MeTV, and Grit.
Wife has the Amazon deal and can get a variety of show series through that. The big problem is you get into watching a season of something and then they don't have the rest of it.
We were watching the Big Valley shows at night, and got into it and they dropped it. Then she found a new season of Heartland but they didn't have the next.
Those old shows are much better all the way around. I've literally hated most stuff from the last 30 years. Even some of it that was kind of funny, is trashy when you think about it.
Heartland is good, we've watched all the way through season 16. We got UP tv through Amazon for I believe 4.95/month and it has all seasons of Heartland. UP is a family and Faith based channel. We have an antenna for local channels and we have several free apps to watch programs on. Pluto Tv is a free app and it has the Ride Pass channel where you can watch a lot of rodeos and PBR. We also have Amazon(mostly for the shipping, but we watch the app as well), we pay for Netflix, Paramount+and UP tv so about $30/month between them. Our son and daughter-in-law also use our Netflix account.

We have a 32 inch screen. The wife wants a bigger one. She has pretty poor eye sight and can't read anything written when It come across the 32 inch. I told her she needs to sit closer.