My last update: The close of a chapter in my life

Help Support CattleToday:

So. last night I connected my phone to the computer., to upload the pics to it so I can share, email, post on here and FB and all. Like I have done 1000 times. This keeps my gallery on the phone from becoming overloaded.. Dunno what I did wrong, but none of them uploaded to the computer, but it did delete them from the phone. Those Black Simm and Chi-Angus I worked over July 4th- gone. The Red Angus x Charbray and the Red Brangus x Charolais I worked for Dan- gone. When we stopped to get that steer last week, I took a bunch of pics of those Braunveih/Brown Swiss you sold him, and the f1 Black Braford heifers he has from the Brahma herd you bought him-gone. Plus other pictures that were in my gallery that I did not try to upload to my computer are gone. Just while ago, I took a pic and tried to upload it and it worked. I hate that Iphone and will go back to Android when it is time to renew.
Easy to get a bigger memory card. Cheap enough too.
I've only got about 14,000 pics on my phone. If I ever lose my phone I'm done! 😆

I REALLY like those cattle that @Caustic Burno posted a while back.

If their disposition was that of a Jersey cow I'd strongly consider changing my herd up and running a black bull.

How is their disposition CB?
Shoot, you don't need to change your herd up, just your bull. All of those cows you have now, as varied as they are, would produce a hell of a calf if you had a reg, homo for black Brangus bull. Load that Hereford bull and that dwarf belted cow up and haul them to the sale ASAP. They will bring more this week than they ever will. Won't be too long before grass will start dying and more cattle will show up at the sales, and the prices will drop. Then, take the money and buy the best Brangus bull you can afford to breed all the cows you have now. Except for the Jeresys. AI them with sexed Brahman semen, and you will get 2 heifers every year like those Caustic has. What you see in that pic...with the little black calf by its side, is a $3k+ package right now. You could sell those 1/2 Br heifers as yearlings for $1500-$2000, or breed them to an Angus bull and get a $3k pair like Caustic's to sell. Or, use sexed Angus semen and raise the heifers up as replacements.....for yourself or to sell. You would have those 3 options available every year. You are sitting on a gold mine with those "mutts" of yours. Including any heifers you intend to keep. Excluding the Jeresys and that mini belted, how many cows do you have?

Last edited:
Shoot, you don't need to change your herd up, just your bull. All of those cows you have now, as varied as they are, would produce a hell of a calf if you had a reg, homo for black Brangus bull. Load that Hereford bull and that dwarf belted cow up and haul them to the sale ASAP. They will bring more this week than they ever will. Won't be too long before grass will start dying and more cattle will show up at the sales, and the prices will drop. Then, take the money and buy the best Brangus bull you can afford to breed all the cows you have now. Except for the Jeresys. AI them with sexed Brahman semen, and you will get 2 heifers every year like those Caustic has. What you see in that pic...with the little black calf by its side, is a $3k+ package right now. You could sell those 1/2 Br heifers as yearlings for $1500-$2000, or breed them to an Angus bull and get a $3k pair like Caustic's to sell. Or, use sexed Angus semen and raise the heifers up as replacements.....for yourself or to sell. You would have those 3 options available every year. You are sitting on a gold mine with those "mutts" of yours. Including any heifers you intend to keep, and excluding the Jeresys and that mini belted, how many cows doyou have?
Remember Lil Ricky?
That mutt Brangus made the most uniform calf crop I've probly ever had. Then I decided I only needed one bull and I chose the hereford. He makes a good crop too, but with any colored cows that messes it up.

Changes are a coming........

Remember Lil Ricky?
That mutt Brangus made the most uniform calf crop I've probly ever had. Then I decided I only needed one bull and I chose the hereford. He makes a good crop too, but with any colored cows that messes it up.

Changes are a coming........
Including any heifers you intend to keep, and excluding the Jeresys and that mini belted, how many cows /heifers will you have? Man, if you lived closer, I'd bring you enough Brangus bulls over to get them all bred in 30 days, and a couple of straws of sexed Brahma semen, in exchange for Bessie's or Elanor's first 1/2 Br heifer calf!

Last edited:
So. last night I connected my phone to the computer., to upload the pics to it so I can share, email, post on here and FB and all. Like I have done 1000 times. This keeps my gallery on the phone from becoming overloaded.. Dunno what I did wrong, but none of them uploaded to the computer, but it did delete them from the phone. Those Black Simm and Chi-Angus I worked over July 4th- gone. The Red Angus x Charbray and the Red Brangus x Charolais I worked for Dan- gone. When we stopped to get that steer last week, I took a bunch of pics of those Braunveih/Brown Swiss you sold him, and the f1 Black Braford heifers he has from the Brahma herd you bought him-gone. Plus other pictures that were in my gallery that I did not try to upload to my computer are gone. Just while ago, I took a pic and tried to upload it and it worked. I hate that Iphone and will go back to Android when it is time to renew.
They might not be deleted, Clay. Look under OneDrive-personal. Unless you selected your PICTURES folder. that is the default location they went into.

Last edited:
Including any heifers you intend to keep, and excluding the Jeresys and that mini belted, how many cows /heifers will you have? Man, if you lived closer, I'd bring you enough Brangus bulls over to get them all bred in 30 days, and a couple of straws of sexed Brahma semen, in exchange Besssie's or Elanor's first 1/2 Br heifer calf!
I'm small taters.
Got enough cows for 1 bull to cover.
I use him 6 months at one place and 6 months at the other.
The lease place is pretty tight for a calving window. 60 days or less
I should pull my bull and tighten up here at home but I won't this year.

Like I said, I'm sure contemplating doing something different come end of year. We will see how it plays out...

I'm small taters.
Got enough cows for 1 bull to cover.
I use him 6 months at one place and 6 months at the other.
The lease place is pretty tight for a calving window. 60 days or less
I should pull my bull and tighten up here at home but I won't this year.

Like I said, I'm sure contemplating doing something different come end of year. We will see how it plays out...
Would either place be able to hold all of your cows and heifers ( except for the Jerseys) for a 30-40 day period of time?

Latest posts