My resignation as a CT poster

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
me i dont care one way nor other, if my post gets deleted... any way folks pretty much know that im againt anything the liberials or for :cowboy:

alacattleman":1ep94w99 said:
me i dont care one way nor other, if my post gets deleted... any way folks pretty much know that im againt anything the liberials or for :cowboy:
:lol2: :p

jedstivers":1x5simxz said:
Turn the tables on the mod that is doing that, cause them nothing but grief. If they want to play that game then take it to them but don't leave because then they won.

I like that idea. Anyone want to pm me with suggestions? ;-)

cypressfarms":2d9a8nq4 said:
jedstivers":2d9a8nq4 said:
Turn the tables on the mod that is doing that, cause them nothing but grief. If they want to play that game then take it to them but don't leave because then they won.

I like that idea. Anyone want to pm me with suggestions? ;-)

I have a few but it doesn't matter. Bottom line is this is Macon's board and if he wants to let one moderator run yet another good member off its his prerogative. Just be thankful there is e-scrabble. :banana: :banana:

I would like to say this about Hoss. I had the privilege of meeting him and Hoss Jr. a couple of years ago and I spent several days with them. He is a fine father, talented musician and a heck of a good shot. He is also very intelligent, quick-witted and a very giving person. Did I mention he is a good singer? I should also add he is a very humble person and is probably a lot more than one might deduce from this board. I say this not only because of my high opinion of him but for the fact that he helped me locate some hams for Christmas. He was kind enough to give me a fella's name and his phone number. So out of the blue I call this guy and tell him who I am and that Hoss had given me his name and I hoped he could help me get some aged hams for Christmas presents. Since neither of us knew each other I offered to mail him a check and when it cleared he could ship the hams.(quite a few of them) He just laughed and told me that if I was a friend of Hoss he knew my word was good.

Don't know about ya'll but to me this speaks volumes about Hoss's character as I know that trust and reputation are earned not doled out like so many other things in society. This is the kind of person I want as a friend and a neighbor. Thankfully I can call him a friend but I do feel sorry for any of you who aren't going to get opportunity really know him. Its a shame this is becoming an all too common occurance.

I'll go back to my corner and play scrabble now. :dunce:

I know I should probably not say this but this sure makes me curious as to who the moderator is. :?:

joe i agree with everything you said about hoss.i for 1 am gonna miss the lil hoss updates.

tom4018":9iicrt8q said:
I know I should probably not say this but this sure makes me curious as to who the moderator is. :?:

O.k., I'll say it, who is the moderator that apparently is running off members? It doesn't make sense. A mod's main job should be to make sure indecent material, advertisements, and other malicious material doesn't get posted. I've been a moderator myself, and I would hate to think that I would cause people to quit by my "moderation".

Although not frequently, I have pm'd Macon and he appears really nice and helpful. What gives??? Have I been out of the loop so long with being sick that I missed a bunch of juicy stuff???

I wouldn't quit Hoss, think of all the folks that enjoy your posts, besides if a fat old yankee like me can take the abuse I know you can. If you're like me you just need a good nights rest and it will be different in the morning.

Larry

I visit the forums on a daily basis and always view the threads or responses made by certain people. I can scroll through and read who and what i decide to read by the poster. Without mentioning any certain names, there are many knowlegeabole and nice people here that can give and honest opion here. These people are what make CT what it is today. You "Hoss" bring a higher quality of personality to this site and i hate to see you go, but i do understand and will stand behind your decision. I have your e-mail and will be in contact with you.

To be able to read you posts was a plesure,
Beckett

tom4018":3oiwecd8 said:

Just ask yourself who has the biggest agenda here. Although I can't imagine anyone leaving just because of her b.s. People like such just tickle me, it's more fun to prod them and expose them for the hypocrits they really are.

It's always interesting who seems to think they don't have to obey the same rules as the rest of us. It doesn't matter what a great guy HOSS is, how good he can sing or play, the Cattle Today rules still apply to him. I do have to admit that I was surprised to see him throw such a childish tantrum and announce his "resignation" :lol: because he had posts deleted. Just shows that you never can tell about someone online. What are the odds he'll be back under a different name in a few days?

I have never understood why forums do this. :???: It seems to be the circle of life for them. They grow, grow, grow because of open discussions and good info and then some thing like this always goes on usually led by a MOD who thinks they are an e-net crusader.

My advice to CT from being part of a couple forums is to ask the mod to step down, which they should not have a problem with if they are truely here to serve the forum. You can only do that job for so long before you need to be rotated out and fresh outlooks brought in. Like politicians... they need term limits IMO.

I read the post that was deleted, nothing in to cause it to be deleted. Nothing about polititics no cussing or bad mouthing anyone. Hoss simply stated why he home schooled his children.

Crankie":2njdjayc said:
It's always interesting who seems to think they don't have to obey the same rules as the rest of us. It doesn't matter what a great guy HOSS is, how good he can sing or play, the Cattle Today rules still apply to him. I do have to admit that I was surprised to see him throw such a childish tantrum and announce his "resignation" :lol: because he had posts deleted. Just shows that you never can tell about someone online. What are the odds he'll be back under a different name in a few days?

It doesn't surprise me that you see it this way. However, after getting several pm good byes from others who have left for the same reason I think it is admirable that he is at least pointing out that there is a problem. I think many will agree with me on this.

Frankie":2id22l0h said:

Perhaps somone can specify exactly what was done wrong in order to educate some of us who do not know what line was crossed.

I did not see the troublesome message or thread myself as it was gone, as was Hoss, before I knew of it.

Perhaps a moderator could illustrate for us somehow.

I am not sure exactly what the CT rules are. I am sure that somewhere along the line I agreed to them, but it would be nice to know what I need to do to stay in compliance.

I try to keep it as clean as I can recognizing that ladies and kids visit here often. I try not to be offensive to others but I am sure that I am anyway.

but it is easier to color inside the lines when I can see the lines.

Years ago I left another forum in protest because the moderator banned a bunch of the popular contributors for what to me were unknown reasons. I have gotten to enjoy this site and would not like to see it go that way. But if the posters i enjoy continually quit or get banned , decisions will be made.

A little bit of non acrimonious clarity would be of benefit.

Jogeephus":1zjtols5 said:
Crankie":1zjtols5 said:

It doesn't surprise me that you see it this way. However, after getting several pm good byes from others who have left for the same reason I think it is admirable that he is at least pointing out that there is a problem. I think many will agree with me on this.

No, he's pointing out that HIS feelings are hurt, so he's taking his ball and going home. If the mod had been so inclined, you'd never had seen this thread. Poor HOSS would have left the board without all the uproar and man hugs he apparently craved. :( Wonder why it was left up?

Brute 23":9p47scgk said:
I have never understood why forums do this. :???: It seems to be the circle of life for them. They grow, grow, grow because of open discussions and good info and then some thing like this always goes on usually led by a MOD who thinks they are an e-net crusader.

My advice to CT from being part of a couple forums is to ask the mod to step down, which they should not have a problem with if they are truely here to serve the forum. You can only do that job for so long before you need to be rotated out and fresh outlooks brought in. Like politicians... they need term limits IMO.

Perhaps you should PM Macon and offer to be a moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts