Long live the prince

Help Support CattleToday:

No not a hurricane but it still has the circulation of a tropical depression minus the wind. The National Guard just rescued the truck driver who was swept off Hwy 10.

JWBrahman":30mo1c1c said:
No not a hurricane but it still has the circulation of a tropical depression minus the wind. The National Guard just rescued the truck driver who was swept off Hwy 10.

Im just jerking your chain, We started getting flood warnings last week and some areas got 12 -16" around here

M-5":1ptlgnmu said:
JWBrahman":1ptlgnmu said:

Im just jerking your chain, We started getting flood warnings last week and some areas got 12 -16" around here

Man, 16" in a year, at the right time, would be amazing. We routinely get ~12". Last month we got .75" in one storm and that was a HUGE deal.

Bestoutwest":2105c1mg said:
M-5":2105c1mg said:
JWBrahman":2105c1mg said:

Man, 16" in a year, at the right time, would be amazing. We routinely get ~12". Last month we got .75" in one storm and that was a HUGE deal.

We are 12+ over our 10 yr avg right now. which is around 50 to 60" a yr

M-5":pxdvpaeb said:
Bestoutwest":pxdvpaeb said:
M-5":pxdvpaeb said:

We are 12+ over our 10 yr avg right now. which is around 50 to 60" a yr

My word our annual rain average is like 23, 24 inches!

A four wheel drive truck was swept away when two guys tried to make it out to the tanker to rescue the driver. So these two guys show up with nothing but a rope. They walked to the truck, threw the driver a life line, then pulled him to safety. That's Louisiana.

Sounds like the usual Comite/Amite/ and Tickfaw flooding..little lazy rivers most of the time, but when they go on a rampage..

Nesikep":16l7069a said:
callmefence":16l7069a said:
M-5":16l7069a said:
Y'all seem to have short memories. There is a history of these events with apologies for losing control. Alot of inappropriate behavior especially when the sauce is being used.

Pot and the kettle there dash.... :D
Perhaps the stove there too Callmefence!

I have never been banned, or even warned about any type of lewd, offensive or threatening behavior.
I just asked folks to exercise one of their constitutional rights. And it was completely controlled. :D

JWBrahman":1zrajto3 said:
A four wheel drive truck was swept away when two guys tried to make it out to the tanker to rescue the driver. So these two guys show up with nothing but a rope. They walked to the truck, threw the driver a life line, then pulled him to safety. That's Louisiana.

Good for them, some good people still left in this country!

Bestoutwest":23v7kjjp said:
M-5":23v7kjjp said:
JWBrahman":23v7kjjp said:

We have about 9" precip most years, we're above that for this year I'm sure.. Last year was probably 6".
We had the same storm last month I think.. over 3 days we got 2".. it was an incredible relief

Fence, you remember when the prince said he was hired on here to be the clown?
Did you ever find out how much he was making for such services?
Reckon how somebody goes about getting that position?

Where or where could old Ron be
Why did he leave tux here all alone
I've searched Cattle Today all over looking for Bright Raven
He came back as callmeinyati and, poof, he was gone :lol:

He'll be back

Nesikep":28t4zzlf said:
Bestoutwest":28t4zzlf said:
M-5":28t4zzlf said:

We have about 9" precip most years, we're above that for this year I'm sure.. Last year was probably 6".
We had the same storm last month I think.. over 3 days we got 2".. it was an incredible relief
How you guys irrigate? We have handlines here, huge pain, but they do the trick.

One thing about inyati was he flat doesnt care what others think about him. Love him or hate him he doesnt care and didn't take bs from anyone.
He was very well informed on cattle ailments and treatments, but didn't pretend to know it all and always asked and listened if someone had a better way of doing things.
There was no rub salt in in their eye for pinkeye or vinegar in the water for flies type stuff.
Very well researched and understood causes and how treatments work.

Maybe everybody will kiss and makeup but I bet he doesn't care either way

Cross-7":14s22ih6 said:
There was no rub salt in in their eye for pinkeye or vinegar in the water for flies type stuff.
There are people--real people--that actually believe those things??

Bestoutwest":338vvpum said:
Nesikep":338vvpum said:
Bestoutwest":338vvpum said:
How you guys irrigate? We have handlines here, huge pain, but they do the trick.

Yup, handlines here too, and agreed on them being a PITA.. the worst part is they're time vampires, especially on seed beds where you have 2 lines going with 3 moves a day each.. and you have to shut down 2 hours before moving.. it pretty much gives you an hour between them to do something else. One thing we're really lucky about is having very good water, gravity fed. Our places isn't suited to use any pivots or wheel lines, most fields are triangles, or funky shapes

Latest posts