Long live the prince

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":3sxal7ca said:
Guess I went to bed too early and missed it all.

You and caustic burno are napping to much and going to bed to early. Its part of the problem. With both of y'all asleep all the time things get boring and people lose their minds.

Darn it I missed it all as well. I figured it was gonna happen sooner or later. I'd like for him to come back I'll need him to have my back the next time I post a pic of one of my bulls and RBB starts picking on me :( . There were a lot he said I didn't agree with but he did raise the right kind of cattle :) .

Bummer. He was one of the more colorful and interesting posters, and I enjoyed his interest in and knowledge of science. Hope he can return after time out in the penalty box. (I missed the exchange but trust that it wasn't a hanging offense?). He is actually not one of the folks here that tends to fly off the handle as much as a few others, in my experience/view...

There's a big difference between disrespecting a person's ideals and views, and disrespecting the person. IMO
Trying to show respect to someone you don't know and being shielded behind a computer is a tough chore. The way I see CT is, we're all at a party and there's no way to get away from the folks you don't see eye to eye with. So you have a couple of choices, you either get along and bite your tongue, get banned, or leave.

callmefence":3liswryd said:
TexasBred":3liswryd said:
Guess I went to bed too early and missed it all.

You and caustic burno are napping to much and going to bed to early. Its part of the problem. With both of y'all asleep all the time things get boring and people lose their minds.
Fence...old age is he//.....best of intentions to stay up latter....never works. But I'm up at 5AM too.....just got nowhere to go at that hour ;-)

We are currently competing at Missouri State Fair, so I'll keep this brief: Ron is an intelligent person, and provides some great feedback on here from a different perspective. I am not sure what his "cooling off" length will be, but he would be missed if he never came back. I look forward to his depth of knowledge when it comes to vaccinations and serological data. Plus, this place would be boring without his input!
I am not sure what transpired, and likely do not want to know, but it is not in his character to blow up.

If the Prince were here I'm sure he'd say: "Grit, "every man is an island", on a forum or in a crowd. I will miss the engagement in thought that the forum provoked. The episode, disrespectful of others I guess, I had fun is all I know."

Inyati always seemed like a gentleman farmer (rancher) to me which is really cool! He'd been around everywhere but he chose coming back to his home state of Kentucky and raising cattle in retirement and enjoying the peace and quiet and beauty of the farm (I am so tempted to say ranch because that's what we call it here but that's essentially what it was). Even though a lot of us have off-farm/off-ranch main jobs, I know how and where I want to spend my retirement years although that is a LONG LONG way off!

True Grit Farms":2omfzxad said:
There's a big difference between disrespecting a person's ideals and views, and disrespecting the person. IMO
Trying to show respect to someone you don't know and being shielded behind a computer is a tough chore. The way I see CT is, we're all at a party and there's no way to get away from the folks you don't see eye to eye with. So you have a couple of choices, you either get along and bite your tongue, get banned, or leave.

Grit
I was there. You said cows are meant to eat grass..You can't just blurt that kinda stuff out.
People could take you wrong.... ;-)

callmefence":2rirzfn4 said:
M-5":2rirzfn4 said:
Y'all seem to have short memories. There is a history of these events with apologies for losing control. Alot of inappropriate behavior especially when the sauce is being used.

Pot and the kettle there dash.... :D
Perhaps the stove there too Callmefence!

He and I differed on theological beliefs. I actually found inspiration in meeting him here. He was probably the inspiration for no less than 6 sermons. I wouldn't speak to ladies the way he did sometimes, but I'm not him.

callmefence":2zvewb3n said:
M-5":2zvewb3n said:
Y'all seem to have short memories. There is a history of these events with apologies for losing control. Alot of inappropriate behavior especially when the sauce is being used.

I've only had to apologize one time for my behavior that resulted in my original ID being terminated . I also never drink and type. There is historical evidence that supports this.

I don't know about yall but even my close friends can take things the wrong way in an email that they would never even think about when talking face to face. You can get yourself all worked up over nothing before you know it.

Now, the fact the National Weather Service didn't tell us that a hurricane was hitting Louisiana this morning...
watching a man die on the news this second because the flash flood washed a full tanker truck into the river on Hwy 10.

JWBrahman":1dr2xlen said:
I don't know about yall but even my close friends can take things the wrong way in an email that they would never even think about when talking face to face. You can get yourself all worked up over nothing before you know it.

Now, the fact the National Weather Service didn't tell us that a hurricane was hitting Louisiana this morning...
watching a man die on the news this second because the flash flood washed a full tanker truck into the river on Hwy 10.

Yall should pay attention its been headed your way for a week .

JWBrahman":3ontqirq said:

Not as far as I could see M-5.
Not a hurricane--just a very wet frontal boundary that popped up almost overnight JW. I watched the last 24 hr-to-present visible satellite radar, and that thing popped up in a matter of hours, almost overnight. One pass of the sat it wasn't there--next one, there it was.

M-5":2k9zg5c5 said:
callmefence":2k9zg5c5 said:
M-5":2k9zg5c5 said:

I've only had to apologize one time for my behavior that resulted in my original ID being terminated . I also never drink and type. There is historical evidence that supports this.

I know you don't drink 5. You have the skills to get inappropriate stone sober.

Latest posts