Its Soup Season!!

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":2p7vlqa8 said:
warpaint":2p7vlqa8 said:
-Dont get none on your forehead, cause your tongue will beat your brains out tryin to get to it.
Hilarious!

Thank you. Will try it next instead of chicken noodle and let you know. :nod:

I will post my wild rice one on here later ~ its kids' favorite and mine too.

My husband makes clam chowder (which I like in that white base), but he puts tomato juice in it. I don't care so much for that.

I don't think anyone down south would care for my chili ~ its about as spicy as ketchup (we are babies :roll: ), but I will make spicy soup for my husband, he likes it hot, hot, hot!

When we lived in Alaska I made a salmon chowder that was fan-freaking-tastic, but I can't find the recipe now.

Ya'll scuze me but I am still trying to figure out how to work this thing. Since they took my gall bladder out I can't handle good old kick yo butt chile either but try some of this and don't tell anybody that a Texan gave you the recipe.
2 lbs. extra lean chile meat.
1 big onion diced
1 teaspoon of garlic powder or alot more if you like it.
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 15 oz. cans ranch style beans
1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
1 9.9 oz. can of mushrooms sliced (optional, I love mushrooms)
Large pot brown beef over high heat, stirring often to break up meat untill lightly browned. 5 to 10 minutes. Drain off fat. Stir in all remaining ingredients including juice except for mushrooms, drain them suckers. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered 30 minutes to an hour. If it needs a little heat throw in a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles. After the first batch do it anyway you want to. This bunch around here sure likes the way Paw-Paw throws together a pot of chile.

ALLIGATOR SAUCE PIQUANT.....
Ingredients.....

2-3 lbs Alligator meat
Hot pepper sauce
juice of three limes
4 Tbsp flour
half cup olive oil
2 large onions finely chopped
6 ribs celery chopped
2 bay leaves
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp sugar
8oz fresh chopped mushrooms
1 large bell pepper chopped
1 med. can crushed tomatoes
1 med can tomato sauce
quarter cup red wine
i tbsp red pepper
1and quarter cup scallions chopped
quarter cup parsley chopped
8oz salad olives

Cut meat into cubes and remove tallow. Marinate meat in lime juice and hot sauce for a hour prior to cooking. Brown meat in olive oil in a Dutch oven or iron pot. Remove meat and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the oil. (put aside to be returned to the pot later). Make a roux by heating the remaining oil and stirring in the flour until mixture is golden. Saute onions on low fire until tender. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, 3 cups of water, bay leaves, celery, garlic sugar and wine. Simmer the mixture for one hour. Add browned meat and oil, mushrooms, scallions and bell pepper and simmer for 30 minutes. Add salad olives and continue cooking five more minutes. Garnish with parsley....Serve over rice.

I think, Chrisy, that you just won the award for most unique soup idea! Alligator meat?! Who would've thought? Sure beats that oppossum stuff WP is eating I think :shock:

angie":oawp38nq said:
I think, Chrisy, that you just won the award for most unique soup idea! Alligator meat?! Who would've thought? Sure beats that oppossum stuff WP is eating I think :shock:

Thanks Angie, Wha'd I get?????

chrisy":28vuz43r said:
angie":28vuz43r said:

Front seat in the "Beast" on the banana belt 08 trip! ;-)

I had to edit this Chrisy. Maybe backseat after that comment about videotaping me getting off the tractor! :shock:

MistyMorning":9o4zdxrm said:
chrisy":9o4zdxrm said:
angie":9o4zdxrm said:

Front seat in the "Beast" on the banana belt 08 trip! ;-)

I had to edit this Chrisy. Maybe backseat after that comment about videotaping me getting off the tractor! :shock:

sitting here pouting now :(

Angie :idea:

Your giving the money away. :idea:

I think one million would be a fine prize for the winning recipe.
Now fork up chrisy's money, she's going to buy me an 8 hourse trailer :D :D :D

Ok Chrisy, I guess the check is from me. You do take checks, right? ;-) Can you hold it for awhile? Say, oooohhhh, 'til I can find and choke SSU?

green chili wine.... I'll give her some green chili wine.....

angie":4fmhh5kh said:
Ok Chrisy, I guess the check is from me. You do take checks, right? ;-) Can you hold it for awhile? Say, oooohhhh, 'til I can find and choke SSU?

angie my dear, you can take as long as you like, I'll stike a deal if you can get Misty to let me sit in the front I'll let you off. Can't be any fairer than that. ;-)

chrisy":913bode9 said:
angie":913bode9 said:

angie my dear, you can take as long as you like, I'll stike a deal if you can get Misty to let me sit in the front I'll let you off. Can't be any fairer than that. ;-)

No problem. If its that important to you, i'll make it happen. I think she is looking forward to her t-shirt ;-) Is one thing nice about my own post, I don;t have to feel bad high jacking it!

Do we have a driver yet?

Latest posts