Its hot

Help Support CattleToday:

We are supposed to get into the mid 90's here today. In about another week I will be ready for a shower or two, I got about 46 acres down right now, and another 25 to cut.
Not laughing at you, laughing with you. Mr. TC & I gauge the heat index by how many showers a day we take.

Not laughing at you, laughing with you. Mr. TC & I gauge the heat index by how many showers a day we take.
The humidity makes a big difference; we are a dry heat here.

My son lives in Iola Kansas, and when I went up there for his high school graduation I was surprised with how much wind Kansas gets. It blew every day I was there, and I thought Wyoming was windy. I didn't really expect all the rolling hills, and that area between Wichita and Iola looks like nice cattle country.

The humidity makes a big difference; we are a dry heat here.

My son lives in Iola Kansas, and when I went up there for his high school graduation I was surprised with how much wind Kansas gets. It blew every day I was there, and I thought Wyoming was windy. I didn't really expect all the rolling hills, and that area between Wichita and Iola looks like nice cattle country.
The beautiful Flint Hills! Iola is a couple hours northeast of us and we're at the base of the Flint Hills. And yes, LOTS of wind. I grew up in Wichita; my family is still there (heading up there today, actually).

When I was still on the construction crew here at work I'd gauge it by whether or not I made it to lunch without needing to refill my 1 gallon water jug.
When I was still on drilling rigs in South Louisiana, it was so hot that the lizards would come out of the swamp to cool their feet on our exhaust pipes.

Yesterday evening a little after 5:00 driving through Trinity. Brutal!

Attachments

• E5775610-C6F2-4545-90FD-1B2297F9D060.jpeg
    E5775610-C6F2-4545-90FD-1B2297F9D060.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Cheyenne supposed to get to 98-99 and Scottsbluff, NE to 104. I'm in the middle. I hate the middle of summer almost as much as winter. But there are a couple of hours each day around sun up and sun down that are tolerable, so it does beat winter.

It is currently 98 here today.

Watch out for dehydration. I just got home from the ER. I was going out to take care of water, started feeling tingling in my hands and feet, and was having trouble seeing. I turned around to head back to the house and turned the four wheeler over, and had to walk home. It to me several stops to catch my breath, but I made it back to the house. I drank about four big glasses of water, but was still breathing hard, so I called dad to take me into the ER. Other than a headache, stiff back and a little road rash I am doing fine. The doc gave me a clean bill of health, and sent me home. I am supposed to take it easy for a few days; I didn't think I really got that dehydrated; I also got bit by some bug yesterday, and maybe that effected me along with the heat. I guess it could have been a whole lot worse.

Watch out for dehydration. I just got home from the ER. I was going out to take care of water, started feeling tingling in my hands and feet, and was having trouble seeing. I turned around to head back to the house and turned the four wheeler over, and had to walk home. It to me several stops to catch my breath, but I made it back to the house. I drank about four big glasses of water, but was still breathing hard, so I called dad to take me into the ER. Other than a headache, stiff back and a little road rash I am doing fine. The doc gave me a clean bill of health, and sent me home. I am supposed to take it easy for a few days; I didn't think I really got that dehydrated; I also got bit by some bug yesterday, and maybe that effected me along with the heat. I guess it could have been a whole lot worse.
Take it easy. Once you over heat it comes back easier every time.

Take it easy. Once you over heat it comes back easier every time.
I think it might have been brought on by a sting, or several stings I got yesterday morning. My wrist is swollen up, but they said at the ER it was not a wasp sting.

I had a pair of glasses on, but who knows where they flew to.

20220709_145158.jpg

Woah, @CowboyRam! Glad you're okay but dayum! I've learned when the heat index (not the temp) is 105+, I can only do a few hours at a time outside and always have a ton of water available.
I am going to have to live. I am sore, and not moving so fast. I think it was the combination of the heat and the sting I had got on my wrist yesterday. It was swollen up, the swelling has gone down now; maybe Tylenol they gave me at the ER help.

Wow, glad you OK. 4 wheelers going over often don't end well.

Ken

We live in north Louisiana near I-20. The actual temp was 104 today with a heat index of 116. Hard to breath when it's like this. Ya'll stay safe...

It's warm for sure I just worked some in shorts and crocs only got my foot stepped on 1 time
My buddy and I had to work a few in Aug a couple years ago and we had been jacking around in shorts and crocs so we ran out there "as is" to knock them out. There were chiggers all in the pens and we got tore up. It was miserable.😄

Latest posts