Yellowstone season 5 last night

Help Support CattleToday:

From what is seen in the commercials Yellowstone just seemed to much like Dynasty and Dallas for me. I had enough of those fake drama's back in the 80's.
Oh my!! We belonged to a roping club back then and one night practice fell on the night of Dallas. We all hurried home to watch it!! Then there was lots of conversation about it at the next roping night.

Did you ever watch The Yellow Rose? It was a series and starred Sam Elliot, Cybil Shepherd, Eddie Albert Jr., Chuck Connors. We really liked that, so much so that a year or so ago we bought the DVD of the whole series and watched it again.
Eddie Albert Jr. put Sam Elliot to shame as a horseman in that series.

Oh my!! We belonged to a roping club back then and one night practice fell on the night of Dallas. We all hurried home to watch it!! Then there was lots of conversation about it at the next roping night.

Did you ever watch The Yellow Rose? It was a series and starred Sam Elliot, Cybil Shepherd, Eddie Albert Jr., Chuck Connors. We really liked that, so much so that a year or so ago we bought the DVD of the whole series and watched it again.
Had a horse i named Chance..

No, but I did start watching Hell on Wheels. Only watched a couple episodes, but never got around to watching the rest.

I've watched all of Hell on Wheels and Longmire, they were both good shows just didn't run long enough.
I thought Hell on wheels went one season too long. Was an assume show though. Longmire was good too, with one or two of the seasons being exceptionally good.

All those fake reality TV shows. My version of reality is working near the rear of a cow that has been on green grass. I put CIDR's in heifers this morning in cold rain. Did not have any problems. But washed my hands and had a bit to eat afterwards. Nothing like a good tart granny smith apple for a mid-morning snack. I swear I could smell the familiar faint aroma of something green. I don't think it was the apple, but that apple did taste good. That is realistic reality. No drama at all, just a feeling of accomplishment. Better than any TV show.
I don't think those watching Yellowstone are looking for reality, I think they're looking for an escape of reality and thoughts of a big bank account, living where it's beautiful and being able to do what they want to do when they want to do it with no repercussions

I don't think those watching Yellowstone are looking for reality, I think they're looking for an escape of reality and thoughts of a big bank account, living where it's beautiful and being able to do what they want to do when they want to do it with no repercussions
I would agree, why else watch any show on TV or in the movies, it is to escape your own little reality for awhile. Forget the headaches, heartaches and such while engrossed in a movie.

From what is seen in the commercials Yellowstone just seemed to much like Dynasty and Dallas for me. I had enough of those fake drama's back in the 80's.

The music though! the show was huge in the uk as well, but it meant bedtime for me. The Yellowstone ads did pique my interest but sometimes I find it hard to get into a lot of shows. Last good US based show I watched was deadwood, they screwed up westworld sadly (series one was ok).

I realize it is TV and Hollywood and reality and Hollywood have never actually met. But with as many people that have parts on this show that they claim have a cowboy back ground you would think they would manage to get a little closer.

I always laugh when they talk about the herd or show the herd on Yellowstone and there are more cowboys than there are cattle in the scene, I mean if that's their herd it's no wonder they have to be sketchy to keep the place, I have neighbors who have jobs in town that have more cattle than that.
Another scene that got my attention was when Casey found the horses that had been stolen from the reservation and they were shod but were to wild to lead or ridden back to the rez and could barely be herded but they're shod.

I always laugh when they talk about the herd or show the herd on Yellowstone and there are more cowboys than there are cattle in the scene, I mean if that's their herd it's no wonder they have to be sketchy to keep the place, I have neighbors who have jobs in town that have more cattle than that.
Another scene that got my attention was when Casey found the horses that had been stolen from the reservation and they were shod but were to wild to lead or ridden back to the rez and could barely be herded but they're shod.
That's why we stopped watching after Episode 1. Too much fake for us. They are where there are people who know. Don't they bother to ask???

If I didn't watch every show or movie or read every book or get on every forum that wasn't 100% accurate... there wouldnt be any thing to do. 😆

I've watched westerns and stuff my whole life and I've yet to see a 100% accurate one. I'm not holding my breath either.

Hell, I probably couldn't talk to most people either. 🤣

If I didn't watch every show or movie or read every book or get on every forum that wasn't 100% accurate... there wouldnt be any thing to do. 😆

I've watched westerns and stuff my whole life and I've yet to see a 100% accurate one. I'm not holding my breath either.

Hell, I probably couldn't talk to most people either. 🤣
Tom Selleck works very hard to have his movies be as accurate and authentic as possible.
In Quigley Down Under he went to Big Timber, Mt where they built the gun used in the movie so he could learn how to shoot it.
His horsemanship has improved over his first few movies because he cares.

But I do realize what you are saying. It was just with Yellowstone, there were 3 strikes against it as far as we were concerned right from the first episode. Obviously, more liked it than didn't.

Latest posts