Its hot

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got some Bermuda bluestem mix that's gotten so dry it's not registering on the moisture meter. Shattering and pouring out of the baler. I cut it 24 hours ago. I guess I'll quit and come back at daylight when maybe there's a little dew
Idk.... open to suggestions
And the ac in this tractor isn't working great either...

Last edited:
Not 100's plus-that's supposed to be reserved for end of July and August. We're used to the high pressure bubble, but this time there is a magnifying glass and dehumidifier attached too.

Not 100's plus-that's supposed to be reserved for end of July and August. We're used to the high pressure bubble, but this time there is a magnifying glass and dehumidifier attached too.
Seen 100 as early as April here not uncommon in May .
It actually doesn't feel as hot as normal because of lower humidity.
This place is one of the few on earth you can squeeze out a glass of water from breathing air.

We had 4 inches of rain a few days ago, and daytime temps have been in the 80s with cooler temps at night; however, no rain in the forecast for next week, and temp in upper 90s.

Same here in MO. Temps all in the mid 90s through the extended forecast. It's usually hot in June but this is more like late July-August weather.

We got off pretty easy the last couple years with cooler summers, guess we're paying for it this year.

Southeast Wyoming looks like end of summer. Everything is crispy - crested wheat couldn't even head out. Last precip that did any good was over a month ago. Gonna be long, hot and dry summer.

We have been in the 90's here. There is supposed to be a storm coming for Monday and Tuesday, and it is supposed to get down to the high 60's or low 70's. I hopping for a little rain.

Latest posts