HOT

Help Support CattleToday:

At 4:39am, it is currently 82 degF. The weather liars now say it is only going to get up to106 so that's an improvement for today (Tuesday).

Speaking of Tuesday, she may have been talking to Dobie Gillis but she was thinking about me..I'm sure of it.
dobietuesday.jpg

Anyway, ya'll have a good Tuesday where ever you are.

Here at 5:30 AM it is 49. Good thing about here is even when it is hot during the day it cools off at night. I think it is supposed to be 91 today. That is just a couple degrees higher than our average summer high which is 87.

Looks like the projected Temps for the san joaquin valley for the rest of July. Triple digits up to 110.

Here in Central part of the Lone Star state, it's starting to get a little warm even for this rare & age endangered species known as a Native born and raised Texan.

View attachment 32604

I almost bought a roll around evaporative cooler for the back patio yesterday.................... almost.
5th generation Native born and raised Texan here and I have to agree with you. Starting to get a little warm for my liking and doesn't look like much relief in sight for the next 2-3 weeks.

We were 109 yesterday, supposedly 108 today and tomorrow. Bad part is we were 96 at midnight. Our over night lows have been 82-84 lately. The liarman, I mean weatherman claims we get a cold front Saturday and it's only going to be 101. I'm just happy we did get some decent rain the past few weeks.

I wish y'all a good day, hope all your calves are growing good!

5th generation Native born and raised Texan here and I have to agree with you. Starting to get a little warm for my liking and doesn't look like much relief in sight for the next 2-3 weeks.

We were 109 yesterday, supposedly 108 today and tomorrow. Bad part is we were 96 at midnight. Our over night lows have been 82-84 lately. The liarman, I mean weatherman claims we get a cold front Saturday and it's only going to be 101. I'm just happy we did get some decent rain the past few weeks.

I wish y'all a good day, hope all your calves are growing good!
Ouch, that's the biggest problem, when it doesn't cool off at night.

Severe t storms and lots of rain now! Tornado warnings everywhere between the rivers today. MS & TN is land between the lakes. Cows are on rotation. Far from home... can't get out to check them right now. Trees cracking around the house. Sure glad I built a bunker...

It was a wonderful morning and a fairly nice day today. At 3:00 it had only got up to 88. But the forecast has us back up over 100 on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Good thing is the highest low temperature on the 10 day forecast is 64. I just have to get out there at first light and get things done early.

I saw that the low temperature in Phoenix was 97. That leads to two questions. 1. how do you live like that? 2. Why would you want to?
That set a new record for the highest low temperature there.

You have to be careful. There have been some mornings with zero wind. The air is so hot and thick you almost feel like you can't breathe. Your pour sweat just standing still. It will sneak up on you.

This evening was pretty bad. There was very little breeze until real late.

We call this siesta season. Work daylight until noon or so. Take a siesta. Go back at 4 or 5 and work until dark.

Latest posts