It's hot.

Help Support CattleToday:

Different day same stuff. There's no way for grow grass to grow in this heat. I don't mind the cold up north till it gets below zero or the wind blows 10+mph.

We have had atleast a 50% chance of rain forecast for the past 3 days. O for 3. Continues to call for atleast 50% until Saturday. A few drops would be good right now. Forecast is just bad enough to keep from knocking down a hayfield.

bball said:
We have had atleast a 50% chance of rain forecast for the past 3 days. O for 3. Continues to call for atleast 50% until Saturday. A few drops would be good right now. Forecast is just bad enough to keep from knocking down a hayfield.

Your a Texas boy this is nowhere near normal for July.

I have got over 5 inches in last 8 or 9 days.

Caustic Burno said:
bball said:

Thats really quite pleasant for Texas in July!

bball said:
Caustic Burno said:
bball said:

Thats really quite pleasant for Texas in July!

Was in the desert east of El Paso one summer in Hudspeth County to be exact. I thought I was going to spontaneously combust. Never felt heat like that before in my life. Great experience though in retrospect.

Silver said:
It's a perfect 70 degrees Foreign-heit here today.

We should be sitting on the front porch looking your way Silver instead of worrying about how to feed the cows. We have a beautiful place on the water and no time to enjoy it.

Makes you appreciate Angus cattle that slick off fast and look like an oiled down mink.

************* said:
Makes you appreciate Angus cattle that slick off fast and look like an oiled down mink.

It is not only your Angus. My Simmentals have been slick as a mole for about a month.

My brimmers are slicker than any Angus. And my Brangus are slicker than simmental. And my Brafords are slicker than SimAngus. They all weigh 2500 pounds and wean 1200 calves at 205 days. No grain. No hay. Not much grass. No flies. Never worn them. No diseases. Never have to vaccinate. They do it on water and air mostly. And my cows don't fart or belch.
Oh, and I can take (1) straw of sexed semen and AI 10 head. They all stick the first time and I have a 5 day calving season. Yep. They are that good.

JMJ Farms said:
My brimmers are slicker than any Angus. And my Brangus are slicker than simmental. And my Brafords are slicker than SimAngus. They all weigh 2500 pounds and wean 1200 calves at 205 days. No grain. No hay. Not much grass. No flies. Never worn them. No diseases. Never have to vaccinate. They do it on water and air mostly. And my cows don't fart or belch.
Oh, and I can take (1) straw of sexed semen and AI 10 head. They all stick the first time and I have a 5 day calving season. Yep. They are that good.

:lol2: :lol2: :bs:
But it's good :bs:

JMJ Farms said:

Good one.

My beefmasters and char/sims been slicked off since late March early April & don't even need air.....they've all grown gill slits.

You folks be careful, everyone knows that them fat Angus and Simms do better in the heat than them eared cattle, I'm sure that there will be some scientific research to say so :bs: but when you deal with the best, don't bother arguing with them.

JMJ Farms said:

Ya, well mine do all that plus just finished rolling up their uneaten hay and have moved on to fixing fence.

Silver said:
JMJ Farms said:

Ya, well mine do all that plus just finished rolling up their uneaten hay and have moved on to fixing fence.

Mine march their calves 10-15 miles to the corral at shipping time all on their own. Sure beats having to gather them.

Dave said:
Silver said:
JMJ Farms said:

Mine march their calves 10-15 miles to the corral at shipping time all on their own. Sure beats having to gather them.

Well, I'll be having a talk with mine! Obviously my expectations have been too low!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I thought one or 2 of mine were doing great when they walked up the road and mailed the electric bill check and brought the incoming mail back, but I can see now they're just slackers.
(they did tho, put a stamp on the Entergy envelope which I had forgotten to do)

Latest posts