Waterproof Boots for hot weather

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
Now that spring is here,I'm faced with my annual attempt to keep my feet and lower legs dry without getting them wet from the inside out. :help:
It isn't very often that I need to wear a high waterproof boot but,when I do, the bottom of my jeans' legs and socks are getting pretty wet if I wear them very long. :bang:
Are the newer boots like Muck with their neoprene that breathable? How do they fit for people with wide feet like 3E? I wouldn't mind paying the extra cost provided they would be comfortable but I can't see paying 100.00 or more for something that does the same thing a 20.00 to 30.00 pair will do.

Thanks for your replies.

I've got wide fronts and narrow heels, and tried on every pair of Muck boots I could find. They all felt terrible to me. Wound up buying a set of Bogs brand boots from Super Shoes on Greenville Avenue - they sorta, kinda almost fit. They do their job, but I hate wearing them very long and they are hot on your feet.

My favorites are Justin 604's, pricey but work well when you can find them. A pair of merino wool socks will wick the moisture away when wearing those to a point.

I've been disappointed in the longevity of Muck boots for the price I have to pay.. I do find them comfortable, but I still sweat inside them if I wear them in hot weather

I agree with the waterproof hiking boots. I buy Extra wide Danners and they fit better than any boot I have ever owned. My feet stay dry in these. They are expensive, but will last.

i5EEhnH.jpg

I just buy the cheap neoprene boots for summer, use Oder Eater liners and dry them out with a Peet dryer. When it's hot enough to switch from my winter Mucks I'm gonna get sweaty anyway.

TCRanch said:
I just buy the cheap neoprene boots for summer, use Oder Eater liners and dry them out with a Peet dryer. When it's hot enough to switch from my winter Mucks I'm gonna get sweaty anyway.
My winter mucks usually have plenty of "breathing holes" after just one winter, no use switching them out, just wear them till the fall apart

TennesseeTuxedo said:
jltrent said:
I agree with the waterproof hiking boots. I buy Extra wide Danners and they fit better than any boot I have ever owned. My feet stay dry in these. They are expensive, but will last.

Do they run true to size?

I will try to answer as best I can..... The ones I have are made in USA (or say that on them) and they pretty much are what size I wear. The current ones are made in China maybe and I have no experience with those, so they maybe different. When I find something that fits I try to buy the same thing. I have bought a couple pairs from Ebay seller as they are not the same style they sell now. Good shoes/boots are hard to find.

Latest posts