Winter boots

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
I've been wearing Muck Boots Artic something or others for a few years. Really like the feel and fit, they keep my feet warm, most days just wear my regular socks.
Problem I'm having is that they don't hold up worth a crap. Lucky to get through a winter before the split at the top of the foot where it bends to go up.
I need water proof material up fairly high on the boot in the mud.
Went winter boot shopping today and came back with another pair of them and also a pair of LaCrosse. Probably going to take one pair back just hate to spend well over $200 in something that won't last long.
What kind do y'all wear that's insulated good and waterproof?

I have used LaCross for probably the last 20 years. Used them today. Air bob soles give good traction in mud. Hold up very good. Get ankle fit and its just like regular boots.

I used to be lucky to get a winter out of Muck boots. I'm in my third winter with my Helly Hansen boots. They are rubber with a removable felt (I guess?) liner. If they give up on me I'll be looking for another pair.

I have friends that swear by Skellerup Quatro boots. I've managed to get enough miles out of my Muck boots I haven't needed to try them yet.

I am on my 3rd winter with my leather muck boots. Tn winter are not that bad. Wish I had bought 2 pair. Cant find them anywhere. Not pretty but I will miss them when they are gone. I use Dryshod when rotating during the other 3 seasons, easy to walk in and a little heavier than muck boots.

Went yesterday and looked for some come home with a pair of Lacrosse Alphaburley with 800g insulation, and a pair of Muck Boot Artic Ice. The muck boots already has a crease right out of the box in the same spot that they have been coming apart for me.
Ain't decided fully yet I like the fit of the mucks better but can't see paying $250 for something if they gonna tear before the winters over.

wife got me some habit boots at sams 3 years ago...have held up great ...wear them most every day with regular socks ..feet dont get cold....havent torn them up yet..think they sold for 30 bucks

I have Nobles. They are similar the Mucks or Boggs but fir a lot better. Back on the coast I wore LaCrosse Extratuf. But it gets cold here.

I use Lacrosse but they are something I have to buy about every year or so because they don't hold up to the abuse I put them through. In fact when I was feeding today I felt my foot get wet and sure enough there is a hole on the side about an inch long. The tops have been shredded for awhile now.

I was looking at new ones today. I don't know if I am getting cheap or what but I couldn't stomach the cost now and bought a patch kit for $8. My wife about fell off the couch laughing when I told her because usually I just get a new pair. Lol.

I use Lacrosse but they are something I have to buy about every year or so because they don't hold up to the abuse I put them through. In fact when I was feeding today I felt my foot get wet and sure enough there is a hole on the side about an inch long. The tops have been shredded for awhile now.

I was looking at new ones today. I don't know if I am getting cheap or what but I couldn't stomach the cost now and bought a patch kit for $8. My wife about fell off the couch laughing when I told her because usually I just get a new pair. Lol.
I tried putting flex tape on my split muck boot, but it didn't hold long.

Dryshod is what I wear. Warm, great support.
We started using Mucks years ago and I would get two years out of a pair. Steady use from October to mid June. Then the company outsource to China and they have been crap since. I can get a full year out of DriShod boots now. Fit is very similar to the first Mucks.

I bought some Pajar trooper boots because they were on sale and they looked better quality than the ones I've been using for the last fifteen years. They are also supposed to be waterproof. I think they are made in Canada. No idea if they are good boots, but they are comfortable and warm.

I've been wearing Muck Boots Artic something or others for a few years. Really like the feel and fit, they keep my feet warm, most days just wear my regular socks.
Problem I'm having is that they don't hold up worth a crap. Lucky to get through a winter before the split at the top of the foot where it bends to go up.
I need water proof material up fairly high on the boot in the mud.
Went winter boot shopping today and came back with another pair of them and also a pair of LaCrosse. Probably going to take one pair back just hate to spend well over $200 in something that won't last long.
What kind do y'all wear that's insulated good and waterproof?
I was told after their warranty replaced the 4th pair of boots that the material they are made of is not made to stand up to manure 8 to 12 hours a day. Are they Ag. boots or not?