I still don't feel safe.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2u8m68d5 said:
callmefence":2u8m68d5 said:
True Grit Farms":2u8m68d5 said:
I was just in the parking lot waiting in the shade for my wife to come out of the BOA. The security guard walked towards the car and thankfully stopped where I took the pictures of her. She was at least 50 yards from the bank doors , and If she'd of kept walking towards me I was going to back the car against the curb and dial 911. When I'm out and about and see someone with a gun I don't like it, and that goes for the cops also. Any time someone has a gun and especially when they have their hand on the gun bad stuff can happen. I had full intentions of telling her to get back, and that I was armed if she'd of proceed towards me. Talking about being put it a tight spot, we both were, and she probably didn't even know it.
Revolvers don't cut it in a gun fight. A revolver is alright for self-defense and as a backup gun. To the best of my knowledge no law enforcement agencies or any of the armed forces use revolvers as their duty issue side arm.

You must have to take medication during hunting season.

I just double up on my medication during hunting season. I ask everyone is your gun unloaded, and anyone that hunts with us goes through a half azz safety meeting. No one rides or walks around with a loaded gun on our property. Guns are accidents waiting to happen in a lot of peoples hands. I'm a gun fanatic and carry loaded pistols pretty much everywhere I go. CC is relatively safe, when I place my hands on my guns to carry or disarm is when I worry about a accident.
Fenceman, have you ever been to a public indoor shooting range? Every range will have the concrete shot all to heck within the first 10' of the firing line.

I have been to a indoor range.
I was also raised by a man who didn't allow unloaded guns. Red believed a unloaded gun was useless and dangerous. He felt that if kept loaded they would always be seen as loaded.
And that constantly loading and unloading was more dangerous than leaving it loaded.
I believe the same. And I have no concern with loaded guns around my kids or grandchildren.
It's when they have friends over I have to clean house.

Caustic Burno":qpc7vbfy said:
wacocowboy":qpc7vbfy said:
In a gun fight I'd rather have a gun that holds more ammunition and that I can reload by switching clips. In a real gun fight with a live target people are not very accurate just look at the amount of rounds fired in police shootouts. It's one thing to shoot paper it's another thing to shoot a person and take a life.

I want a 1911 for carry.
38/357 is ok on the farm for snakes, hogs and such.

Get ya a DE .50 even if they have body armor on good enough to stop it probably break a rib puncture something, mess up their heart rhythm, or give them internal bleeding.

I was also raised by a man who didn't allow unloaded guns. Red believed a unloaded gun was useless and dangerous. He felt that if kept loaded they would always be seen as loaded.
And that constantly loading and unloading was more dangerous than leaving it loaded.
I believe the same. And I have no concern with loaded guns around my kids or grandchildren.
It's when they have friends over I have to clean house.[/quote]

Growing up the only time our guns were unloaded is if we were cleaning them. Just because that's what we did doesn't make it the right. We were taught to never climb a fence with a gun, but we always climbed trees hunting and would hoist the gun up and down loaded. We'd catch rides with other hunters around the camp and we'd never unload our guns. Thinking back it's amazing to me that no one ever got killed. I've gave the way I was raised around guns plenty of thought, and it wasn't very safe and was the wrong way.

True Grit Farms":333nihku said:
It's when they have friends over I have to clean house.

Growing up the only time our guns were unloaded is if we were cleaning them. Just because that's what we did doesn't make it the right. We were taught to never climb a fence with a gun, but we always climbed trees hunting and would hoist the gun up and down loaded. We'd catch rides with other hunters around the camp and we'd never unload our guns. Thinking back it's amazing to me that no one ever got killed. I've gave the way I was raised around guns plenty of thought, and it wasn't very safe and was the wrong way.[/quote]
By todays standards, it's amazing that we lived to be adults and in some cases old.

We used to carry our guns to school in our vehicles,,in a gun rack,or in the back seat..mostly to hunt in the afternoon with a friend or go straight to the woods... We'd all show em off and give em a look over before class,or at lunch.we'd be concidered terrorist nowadays...and expelled from school,...if we got in fights, it was with our fist..I got a 22 Remington bolt action when I was eight years old... Still have it,,best shooting rifle I've ever owned,and no amount of money could buy it..

Oh yeah. All you had to do with bullying back then,was to stand your ground..they just pick on the ones they concider weak ..the real bad ones to mess with.,you knew it...and they were quite and cooler...

True Grit Farms":31skue3a said:
I was just in the parking lot waiting in the shade for my wife to come out of the BOA. The security guard walked towards the car and thankfully stopped where I took the pictures of her. She was at least 50 yards from the bank doors , and If she'd of kept walking towards me I was going to back the car against the curb and dial 911.
What would you have said to the 911 operator?

I have a large variety of guns I can use. Husband loves buying them. My go to gun though is his 50 yr old 22 revolver. I like that its simple and easy to shoot. If for some chance our house gets broken into and i'm here, if I don't grab the shotgun, i'll go for the revolver...

ga.prime":20g4fd2j said:
True Grit Farms":20g4fd2j said:
I was just in the parking lot waiting in the shade for my wife to come out of the BOA. The security guard walked towards the car and thankfully stopped where I took the pictures of her. She was at least 50 yards from the bank doors , and If she'd of kept walking towards me I was going to back the car against the curb and dial 911.

I figured the call would be recorded and might exonerate me if needed. It would sure beat a he said or she said deal.

ALACOWMAN":2invrmvm said:
We used to carry our guns to school in our vehicles,,in a gun rack,or in the back seat..mostly to hunt in the afternoon with a friend or go straight to the woods... We'd all show em off and give em a look over before class,or at lunch.we'd be concidered terrorist nowadays...and expelled from school,...if we got in fights, it was with our fist..I got a 22 Remington bolt action when I was eight years old... Still have it,,best shooting rifle I've ever owned,and no amount of money could buy it..

Heck I remember leaving my shotgun in the office.
Heads would explode today.

Caustic Burno":229lw3jx said:
ALACOWMAN":229lw3jx said:

Heck I remember leaving my shotgun in the office.
Heads would explode today.

Not just the gun in the truck at school, but beer in a cooler in the back (I could legally buy it when I was 18).

ga.prime":15xcgr8f said:
True Grit Farms":15xcgr8f said:

True Grit to 911 dispatch: A black woman with a gun has approached my car and I don't feel safe.

Dispatch: Describe the black woman with the gun.

True Grit: she is black, dressed in a uniform and is a guard for BOA. She is wearing a holster carrying a revolver.

Dispatch: Is she threatening you, sir?

True Grit: No, but she should be carrying an autoloader handgun.

Dispatch: Sir, what specifically is your reason for needing a 911 dispatch?

True Grit: I don't feel safe.

Dispatch: we are sending out a teddy bear.

That would of been great. Or it could of happened like I was invisioning.
Me to 911 you need to send a officer to the BOA, ASAP
Me to the security guard, I'm armed please don't come any closer, and the cops are on the way.
Me to 911 I have my gun drawn and I'm backing away towards the curb.
At this point forward I wouldn't care what the 911 operator has to say.
Me to the security guard please don't come any closer I'm armed. If she draws her gun I'm going to start firing in self-defense.

Caustic Burno":3uivy12a said:
Okay I don't get it why are you in fear of a rent a cop at the bank?

She was a 150' from the closest piece of the bank building...I found this very odd right from the get go.
I'm not, I must be over reacting. I try and not let anyone walk up to the car when I'm parked somewhere, and if someone does I have my eye on them. CB, you'd let someone with a gun walk up to your vehicle in a parking lot and not be prepared to defend yourself? I know I'm paranoid but I sure don't want to end up like a uncle, a cousin and a couple of friends. You read about stuff happening all the time, I'd rather read it than be it.

Ever think she may be taking a smoke break or her lunch break and was getting some exercise (which she could really use)

Did you ever think that she may have thought you were acting suspicious? Or was it because she was a black woman?

Bright Raven":3gm0guyb said:
True Grit to 911 dispatch: A black woman with a gun has approached my car and I don't feel safe.

Dispatch: Describe the black woman with the gun.

True Grit: she is black, dressed in a uniform and is a guard for BOA. She is wearing a holster carrying a revolver.

Dispatch: Is she threatening you, sir?

True Grit: No, but she should be carrying an autoloader handgun.

Dispatch: Sir, what specifically is your reason for needing a 911 dispatch?

True Grit: I don't feel safe.

Dispatch: we are sending out a teddy bear.
:lol2: Exactly

dun":18u4mcjk said:
Did you ever think that she may have thought you were acting suspicious? Or was it because she was a black woman?

Yes on being suspicious, I definitely went to the far back corner of the parking lot and backed in so I could keep an eye on things. I don't feel that being black played any part in the way I felt. When she was standing by the bank door I never really gave her any thought. When she started my way I got suspicious of why? And then got to thinking about how to properly handle the comprising situation that I was in.

Latest posts