I still don't feel safe.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":283id8dl said:
cowgirl8":283id8dl said:
Would you feel safer if she were a he?

Nope, just I just find it kind of ironic that a security guard would be carrying a revolver in this day and age.
Have you ever seen competitive revolver shooters...its amazing. Just because that's a woman and its a revolver, don't think she cant shoot it...

cowgirl8":2t7ak91y said:
True Grit Farms":2t7ak91y said:
cowgirl8":2t7ak91y said:
Would you feel safer if she were a he?

Nope, just I just find it kind of ironic that a security guard would be carrying a revolver in this day and age.
Have you ever seen competitive revolver shooters...its amazing. Just because that's a woman and its a revolver, don't think she cant shoot it...

A wheel gun cycles faster than an autoloader. It is a function of mechanics. A revolver is controlled by trigger speed. An autoloader is limited by the time it takes for the receiver to cycle. Google Ed McGivern. He set the record time with a revolver.

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A PROFICENT REVOLVER SHOOTER. That includes a person proficient with a single action.

True Grit Farms":1k9vgx4d said:
She's at the bank of america in Macon. I think she's seriously out gunned in this day and age.

Is she a Pinkerton? A few month ago, one of our local branches of BOA had an armed guard at the entrance. He was from Pinkerton. He was only there for a few weeks. The bank employees were rather 'hush-hush' as to why he was there. I gathered that there had been or they were anticipating an issue with some individual. The employees did say that a number of customers didn't like that the guard was carrying a gun. It didn't bother me. My comment to the teller was, something to the effect , that the customers who don't like the gun, have no idea just how many customers may be carrying a gun. ;-)

I don't feel safe when I see any idiot armed.

Last week Brent Ahlers 25 a public safety officer at St Catherine's college in St. Paul accidentally shot himself through
his shoulder while handling his pistol. Fearing he would be fired, he called 911 and reported he had been shot by
a person in a nearby wooded area. While he was transported to a hospital by first responders, 55 police officers 4 dogs
and a helicopter were dispatched to secure the campus perimeter and conduct an extensive 4 hour search of the woods and surrounding neighborhoods. 1800 students were confined to their dorm rooms and the whole city was in an uproar.

24 hours later under police questioning he admitted what he had done.
Misdemeanor charges for falsely reporting a crime are expected to be filed.
Ahlers had been employed for 15 months by St Kate's after he received an associate degree in law enforcement and completed law enforcement training.

I was just in the parking lot waiting in the shade for my wife to come out of the BOA. The security guard walked towards the car and thankfully stopped where I took the pictures of her. She was at least 50 yards from the bank doors , and If she'd of kept walking towards me I was going to back the car against the curb and dial 911. When I'm out and about and see someone with a gun I don't like it, and that goes for the cops also. Any time someone has a gun and especially when they have their hand on the gun bad stuff can happen. I had full intentions of telling her to get back, and that I was armed if she'd of proceed towards me. Talking about being put it a tight spot, we both were, and she probably didn't even know it.
Revolvers don't cut it in a gun fight. A revolver is alright for self-defense and as a backup gun. To the best of my knowledge no law enforcement agencies or any of the armed forces use revolvers as their duty issue side arm.

True Grit Farms":2e202qya said:
I was just in the parking lot waiting in the shade for my wife to come out of the BOA. The security guard walked towards the car and thankfully stopped where I took the pictures of her. She was at least 50 yards from the bank doors , and If she'd of kept walking towards me I was going to back the car against the curb and dial 911. When I'm out and about and see someone with a gun I don't like it, and that goes for the cops also. Any time someone has a gun and especially when they have their hand on the gun bad stuff can happen. I had full intentions of telling her to get back, and that I was armed if she'd of proceed towards me. Talking about being put it a tight spot, we both were, and she probably didn't even know it.
Revolvers don't cut it in a gun fight. A revolver is alright for self-defense and as a backup gun. To the best of my knowledge no law enforcement agencies or any of the armed forces use revolvers as their duty issue side arm.

It all depends on who is packing the revolver. It only takes one shot.

In a gun fight I'd rather have a gun that holds more ammunition and that I can reload by switching clips. In a real gun fight with a live target people are not very accurate just look at the amount of rounds fired in police shootouts. It's one thing to shoot paper it's another thing to shoot a person and take a life.

Overall the cops miss 70-75% of their shots. So if you are in the proximity of a gunfight the safest place may well be as close as you can get to whoever the cops are shooting at.
One stated to me that ,"I am not a gun man."

Of course this does not mean all cops. Some of them shoot very well. But that is because those individuals like shooting and practice.

True Grit Farms":30g1qt4m said:
So, a hired guard is walking around and has a gun and you don't like that?

wacocowboy":bh2yr2vm said:
In a gun fight I'd rather have a gun that holds more ammunition and that I can reload by switching clips. In a real gun fight with a live target people are not very accurate just look at the amount of rounds fired in police shootouts. It's one thing to shoot paper it's another thing to shoot a person and take a life.

I want a 1911 for carry.
38/357 is ok on the farm for snakes, hogs and such.

True Grit Farms":3cpme75p said:

You must have to take medication during hunting season.

Caustic Burno":22s9o61q said:
wacocowboy":22s9o61q said:

I want a 1911 for carry.
38/357 is ok on the farm for snakes, hogs and such.

Better get one for each hip. One 1911 is like packing one bucket of feed.....way easier to carry two.

callmefence":1pfh8f51 said:
True Grit Farms":1pfh8f51 said:

You must have to take medication during hunting season.

I just double up on my medication during hunting season. I ask everyone is your gun unloaded, and anyone that hunts with us goes through a half azz safety meeting. No one rides or walks around with a loaded gun on our property. Guns are accidents waiting to happen in a lot of peoples hands. I'm a gun fanatic and carry loaded pistols pretty much everywhere I go. CC is relatively safe, when I place my hands on my guns to carry or disarm is when I worry about a accident.
Fenceman, have you ever been to a public indoor shooting range? Every range will have the concrete shot all to heck within the first 10' of the firing line.

Latest posts