How often do you delete your own post?

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime":1dune9yh said:
How about when you write out a good, long, thoughtful response to something (which I don't often do unless directly asked a question because who cares what I think otherwise?) and then post it only to learn that while typing out the long thoughtful post that your computer has gone off line and your post has vanished?

That happened to me twice while I was posting a pm. Took a lot of time but I was stubborn enough to type it again only to have it happen again. Unfortunately I was too lazy to do it a third.

I did learn a trick. Before posting something, highlight it and copy it. If the post vanishes or gets corrupted somehow maneuver back to the empty post and paste it. Don't know why the back feature doesn't work on this board with my computer but it doesn't.

Jogeephus":17xoddqm said:
That happened to me twice while I was posting a pm. Took a lot of time but I was stubborn enough to type it again only to have it happen again. Unfortunately I was too lazy to do it a third.
I'd say that might be a pretty good sign.
Jogeephus":17xoddqm said:
I did learn a trick. Before posting something, highlight it and copy it. If the post vanishes or gets corrupted somehow maneuver back to the empty post and paste it.
I've learned that one too, just don't do it enough. Usually if one goes "poof" I think of it as a sign. If I'm really bent on posting it a second time I'll do the copy trick for insurance.

Oh I write a bunch of witty and not so witty posts that I never post. Got a bunch saved too just in the case it became appropriate to post or some ears need pinning back. :lol:

Good tip on the highlite and copy trick, Jo. Maybe the next time I write a long involved post I'll remember to do that before I hit the submit key and risk losing it. :D

ga. prime":2r5712r8 said:
Good tip on the highlite and copy trick, Jo. Maybe the next time I write a long involved post I'll remember to do that before I hit the submit key and risk losing it. :D

ga.....one long drawn out post for me is just to exhausting. Doesn't matter if it gets posted, deleted on purpose, deleted accidentally or flies off somewhere and you have idea where it went.....no way I can eve do it again. That's when I head to the "cooler". :drink:

Latest posts