Hereford (Black)

Help Support CattleToday:

#s said:
I wonder if the CHB program will allow the Black Hereford to enter into the CHB since the animall has to be 50% Hereford!

:roll: Who would bother to pay attention to anything you say when you don't even bother to learn the basic requirements for CHB, much less CAB? CHB can be based on visual evaluation, just like CAB.

"-Cattle offered for AHA qualification must have a redominately (51%) white face
-Cattle must exhibit white markings over the jaw, forehead and muzzle. Cattle must have white markings on all three locations or they are unacceptable.
-Cattle must exhibit some or all of the traditional markings of a Hereford or Hereford/English crossbred animal such as white on the face and neck. White markings on any part of the hip, shoulder or side of the body such as spots, stripes, or belts are not acceptable.
-Cattle offered for qualification other than solid red, solid black, or roan with a predominately white face, such as yellow, gray, brown, brindle, or smoke are ineligible.
-Steers and heifers presented for AHA qualification must be of beef type breeding.
-Animals must express some evidence of muscle bulge. Although not limited to, this bulge is best observed in the large muscles of the round.
-An animal expressing dairy type breeding (dairy-type head, prominent "hook" bones, large "barrel-like" body, etc.) typically has muscles in the round which are semi-flat to concave or "dished" in appearance. Such animals are not acceptable.
-Cattle offered for qualification shall not have an excessive hump on the withers (protruding above the top line), excessively long ears (ears that project downward from the head) or an elongated head indicative of bos indicus genetics. The hump on the withers should not be confused with a crest on the neck, which is normal for many thick muscled cattle, particularly males.
-To qualify, cattle may be either horned or polled. Bulls, bullocks, or cows are not acceptable."

These are the requirements for CHB OR a statement that the cattle are 50% Hereford.

http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/certprog/sc ... laspec.htm

Brandonm2":19gbk1lt said:
texbulldog":19gbk1lt said:
None of the calves on the website are from this bull, never said they were. We've never put this baby with the cows. We will have to wait for the results from Tex Tux. I'll let you see them when they hit the ground. Most of the calves on the site are from Monty our 2 year old bull. And whose whining about opinions, I knew the crowd I was dealing with. Some of you are the ones that seem upset about change.

I am not upset about change. I believe I have repeatedly said that I like the concept of the "Black Hereford" breed. I just wish that I had more confidence in the people and the cattle in this new breed. If the people at Cooper's, Holden's, Star Lake, or TRM were the one's doing this so I KNEW that only the best Herefords and Anguses were involved in this, I would be more confident in the eventual outcome (deep pockets, lot's of experience, etc). King Ranch spent a lot of time, money, and went through a whole lot of cattle before finally breeding the "Monkey" bull that became the foundation sire of the Santa Gertrudis breed. The black Hereford is a good concept; I am just not convinced that your team is capable of making this really happen.

What happened to Monty? He looks like he was getting the job done and he is only two. Is Tex Tux REALLY an upgrade?

Monty is still with the cows and they are all pregnant by him. Tex Tux daddy is not Monty. Monty's daddy is a hereford bull (JN Domino 4036B) who was out of CL 1 Domino 185 who was out of HH Advance 872x. We will have to wait and see if he is an upgrade or not.

Caustic Burno":2rd3jza1 said:
Now 1848 thats intresting about my hatchet assed cows when you have never seen them clairvoyant now aint ya. By the way that real Hereford bull is mine that Camp posted fixin to breed one of them hatchet assed cows. I did buy the bull off of Camp.

Gotcha! :lol: :lol:

Ask Flaboy about my Clairvoyancy! ;-)

Ya I saw him in another post. Nice bull. Really liked his calves in the background.

Frankie":1bvoj8l5 said:
Who would bother to pay attention to anything you say when you don't even bother to learn the basic requirements for CHB, much less CAB? CHB can be based on visual evaluation, just like CAB.

She rises! Look she rises!...and she beckons! :D

I'm glad you did your homework since the last time! :p

Yes, Frankie this has "always" been a requirement for the basic CHB program. I only posted (cut and pasted) the part of that same information you just showed cause I wanted to make my point to you in the 'ol thread!.. :) .. and reenforced it with the LLC program requirements. Pretty good eh? ;-) However.... ;-) There are other CHB programs (as there are Angus) that have different and more Hereford specific specs. :p

Good to see you studying! :lol:

My entry into the black Hereford arena. Me thinks he is a week or two old here.
baldyBull_Maria_4_9_05.jpg

Course, I call him a baldie.

flaboy":2qml6sxe said:
My entry into the black Hereford arena. Me thinks he is a week or two old here.
baldyBull_Maria_4_9_05.jpg

Course, I call him a baldie.

Looks like a new potential herd sire for Tex bull dog! :lol:

1848":2cgjds3v said:
Frankie":2cgjds3v said:
Who would bother to pay attention to anything you say when you don't even bother to learn the basic requirements for CHB, much less CAB? CHB can be based on visual evaluation, just like CAB.

She rises! Look she rises!...and she beckons! :D

I'm glad you did your homework since the last time! :p

Yes, Frankie this has "always" been a requirement for the basic CHB program. I only posted (cut and pasted) the part of that same information you just showed cause I wanted to make my point to you in the 'ol thread!.. :) .. and reenforced it with the LLC program requirements. Pretty good eh? ;-) However.... ;-) There are other CHB programs (as there are Angus) that have different and more Hereford specific specs. :p

Good to see you studying! :lol:

I didn't have to study to know that Certified Hereford Beef doesn't require 50% Hereford influence any more than CAB requires a certain % Angus genetics. You're the one who apparently doesn't know any better. There's only one Certified Hereford Beef (CHB) :roll: program, though there may be other programs based on Hereford cattle. So, again, why should anyone pay any attention to your posts?

Latest posts