Hereford (Black)

Help Support CattleToday:

texbulldog

Reaction score
Alright, look him over and go to work. He is only 16 months.
0731bestpee.jpg

Not near enough quarter. Shallow flanked, just a bit tight in the heart. Not enough bone in him for me. Decient set to the leg though. Has nothing to do with the breed you claim he is. Not what I'm looking for in a bull.
I do detect a haze of red in him.

certherfbeef":2ikkqkyi said:
Not near enough quarter. Shallow flanked, just a bit tight in the heart. Not enough bone in him for me. Decient set to the leg though. Has nothing to do with the breed you claim he is. Not what I'm looking for in a bull.
I do detect a haze of red in him.

All of the above if "not enough quarter" means no butt, plus weak top.
But not a bad black baldy steer candidate

dun

Based on this one picture only- Light in the butt, light on bone, not a great bull topline. I think I would have cut him. Especially if he is supposed to be a seedstock bull. Scroll the picture down to where you can't see his tools and tell me what you see. I do like his legs though. JMHO.

Light in hind quarters, weak topline, shallow flank, and light bone.
I agree that he would be a decent feeder steer candidate even though he looks much older than his 16 mo. that you claim he is.
I can also detect a hint of red, but that may come from from the Red Angus in his bloodline.
Over all a decent black baldy.

Tex,

He ain't all that bad, but take Chucks advice one step further and take a piece of paper and cut him in half. Then and look at both the rear and front seperate, and you will see what everyone is saying. The front end is no so bad, but the rear lacks depth and muscling.

I would like to see a better pic of his rear quarter, both sides and back view....maybe a different pic can put some growth on him...sorry I wouldn't use him on my cows.
dave mc

The half holstien replies nailed him. They've been around a long time. You will have trouble convincing people he's something other than that. I wish you the best though.

Ya'll give the poor guy a break! Look at his pasture! Some good grazing would do him a world of good. ;-)

I noticed the pasture as well, looks pretty good compared to mine right now. Much greener.

Before I read any one's comments, I thought, "Doesn't look very thick, needs more depth especially through the flank, rear looks light, needs more meat on top." But it is just a picture, and I hate criticizing anyone's bull.

Based upon this pic, he shoulda been cut. Not a herd bull candidate. Certainly doesn't possess the confirmation I'd want to pass on to another generation.

SF":2bzmo64u said:
Based upon this pic, he shoulda been cut. Not a herd bull candidate. Certainly doesn't possess the confirmation I'd want to pass on to another generation.
There is definitely better BWF out than this out there huh SF.

Latest posts