Hereford (Black)

Help Support CattleToday:

1848; He is the one that posted the pic and asked for opinions. If you don't want opinions then don't ask for them. Don't cry like a baby if you don't hear what you want.

Oh, by the way, there not pint sized. Ours are half gallon size. I wish I had some pint size, they sell for a lot more money.

1848":2ryrgwy7 said:
Gee folks, (texbulldog)...just post some pics of his offspring in 9 months and show us what he did...or didn't! ;-)

You won't have to wait 1848. Go to his website. That bull has some calves on the ground now.

SF":2qivj8tb said:
1848; He is the one that posted the pic and asked for opinions. If you don't want opinions then don't ask for them. Don't cry like a baby if you don't hear what you want.

I knew I could bring you out with that last comment. :D

It's not about the opinions. It's about somebody having an investment, and what to do with that investment. Why should Texbulldog be told to throw it all away? Depending on his/her cow herd he/she may end up with some decent "crosses" next year, and if anything at least make some money in a calf crop.

SF":2qivj8tb said:
Don't cry like a baby if you don't hear what you want.

Don't hear what I want? :?: Where did I indicate anything about me wanting anything in that bull? Besides, your the one that got all snippy and is probably crying over the fact that I gave my "so called opinion" on your midgets. How's it feel? :shock:

SF":b2653e54 said:
1848":b2653e54 said:
Gee folks, (texbulldog)...just post some pics of his offspring in 9 months and show us what he did...or didn't! ;-)

You won't have to wait 1848. Go to his website. That bull has some calves on the ground now.

Oh! Guess I'm behind the power curve on that one! :D

Interesting SF! A website for Black Herefords and everything! Heck they even have their own Assoc. I'm impressed. When was there Assoc. established? The calves look allot like what I've seen on dairies where a Hereford bull was used. Not bad calves for crosses. Guess that just goes to show that you do have the freedoms in this country. I'm wanting to see the black Brahmans. I bet the look intimidating! :D

As far as the Black Herefords go...I think some commercial cattleman wanted to take out a step in the black Baldy process, and came up with this plan. You can bet it will catch on with commercial cattle raisers who are not concerned with papers or pedigree. All the "so called" Black Hereford breeders have to do is refine the breeding and put some bulls out there that have the whole package, then wham...you got a market!

Too bad they had to use the word "Hereford" in their breed though. You think they would at least try to be original! I guess since they couldn't breed up for them they established their own Assoc. to give them credibility! ;-)

It seems like a bunch of other breeds did something simular many years ago. :) It was only a matter of time for somebody to try and mimic the Herefords. I suppose the new fad to market bulls is to get an Assoc., call them a distinct breed, then you can create a bull market with EPD's and everything :roll: In actuallity what you have is a bunch of crossbreds with Assoc. behind them! :D

Kinda reminds me of what CAB did to the market years ago. Now we have a big push in this country for Hereford genetics, and the markets for their beef (ie: CHB) Kinda came along with the trend I guess. I wonder if the CHB program will allow the Black Hereford to enter into the CHB since the animall has to be 50% Hereford! :shock: I guess they'd have to prove it with papers from the "real breed" or something...or maybe they will have to use a real Hereford bull back on their blacks...awh! wouldn't that be a shame, and a slap in the face! Sure does make you wonder how they plan on making that CHB market!............oh! but wait! CAB only requires %50 "black hided" cattle...I see...use the hereford carcass to improve the angus since the Angus has been so diluted it can't cut the mustard any more!...right?

Frankie?

The calves look really really good and they are level topped and can move; but are they sired by THIS bull?. He is only 16 months old (I thought). That would either make him 9 months old when he did the deed (talk about early maturing) or are they by his last bull?

Brandonm2":1l1t85dt said:
The calves look really really good and they are level topped and can move; but are they sired by THIS bull?. He is only 16 months old (I thought). That would either make him 9 months old when he did the deed (talk about early maturing) or are they by his last bull?

Just looking at the web site and other pics, I believe he is 24 months old or older. There are pics of at least one calf that is sired by this bull. Probably more. There were some other calves on this site that indicate they are sired by other bulls.

It is a good web site. Very informative and easy to move around in.

Brandonm2":3chbd0yp said:

None of the calves on the website are from this bull, never said they were. We've never put this baby with the cows. We will have to wait for the results from Tex Tux. I'll let you see them when they hit the ground. Most of the calves on the site are from Monty our 2 year old bull. And whose whining about opinions, I knew the crowd I was dealing with. Some of you are the ones that seem upset about change.

texbulldog":3g2uc7ls said:
Most of the calves on the site are from Monty our 2 year old bull. And whose whining about opinions, I knew the crowd I was dealing with. Some of you are the ones that seem upset about change.

Can we see the "Full Monty?" :D

It's not a change!.....it's the same cross breed that has been around for over 50 years. You just made an Assoc. for them! ;-)

1848":3kf6db8h said:
I knew I could bring you out with that last comment. :D
It doesn't take any special comment to bring me out. If you'd like to converse with me, I'm easy to reach. Just let me know, we can converse.
It's not about the opinions.
On an internet bb????? Sorry 1848, it's all about opinions. The initial statement was "Alright, look him over and go to work". I guess I interpreted that as to "look over the pic and tell me what you think. Many did just that. texbulldog
can take more than most of us can dish out on this board. Those that are involved in the "Black Hereford" deal have taken a lot of flack from many who are better than us at it.
It's about somebody having an investment, and what to do with that investment. Why should Texbulldog be told to throw it all away?
Don't believe I or anyone else told him to throw it all away. Simply stated my opinion "based" on the pics.
Depending on his/her cow herd he/she may end up with some decent "crosses" next year, and if anything at least make some money in a calf crop.
If he posts pics of his cows on this board and asks for opinions on them, I'm sure he will get them. Some favorable, some not. There aren't any perfect cattle, just different.

...besides, your the one that got all snippy and is probably crying over the fact that I gave my "so called opinion" on your midgets. How's it feel? :shock:

:lol: Oh I'm not being snippy. I just wish I had some that were smaller. I could sell them for more money. I don't care what you think of my "midgets". Took me awhile to get used to em too. I just like the money. :lol: By the way it feels good. Can't you tell. :lol:

I believe he is 24 months old or older.

In his first post he said....
"look him over and go to work. He is only 16 months."

While the picture may be old, if it is not then most of the calves are "probably" by another herd bull.

I do agree that he has a very nice, very professionally done website. A lot of breeders (and more than one breed association) would benefit from hiring him or whoever did his website.

1848":11qwfrm6 said:
Interesting SF! A website for Black Herefords and everything! Heck they even have their own Assoc. I'm impressed. When was there Assoc. established? The calves look allot like what I've seen on dairies where a Hereford bull was used. Not bad calves for crosses. Guess that just goes to show that you do have the freedoms in this country. I'm wanting to see the black Brahmans. I bet the look intimidating! :D

Established in 1994

Brandonm2":13mw1zju said:

While the picture may be old, if it is not then most of the calves are "probably" by another herd bull.

I do agree that he has a very nice, very professionally done website. A lot of breeders (and more than one breed association) would benefit from hiring him or whoever did his website.

If I understood his web site and I think I do. This bull's name is Monty. There are pics posted up to 24 months of age. This bull was born on March 2, 2003, which will make him 29 months old right now.

SF":4vh5fqtf said:
Brandonm2":4vh5fqtf said:

If I understood his web site and I think I do. This bull's name is Monty. There are pics posted up to 24 months of age. This bull was born on March 2, 2003, which will make him 29 months old right now.

I'm wrong. This is not a pic of Monty this is a pic of Texas Tuxedo. Looks like his daddy. He is only 16 mo old.

texbulldog":fmfnjt1o said:
Brandonm2":fmfnjt1o said:

None of the calves on the website are from this bull, never said they were. We've never put this baby with the cows. We will have to wait for the results from Tex Tux. I'll let you see them when they hit the ground. Most of the calves on the site are from Monty our 2 year old bull. And whose whining about opinions, I knew the crowd I was dealing with. Some of you are the ones that seem upset about change.

You've got a nice web site and some nice looking cattle on it.

texbulldog":33s4ibmn said:

I am not upset about change. I believe I have repeatedly said that I like the concept of the "Black Hereford" breed. I just wish that I had more confidence in the people and the cattle in this new breed. If the people at Cooper's, Holden's, Star Lake, or TRM were the one's doing this so I KNEW that only the best Herefords and Anguses were involved in this, I would be more confident in the eventual outcome (deep pockets, lot's of experience, etc). King Ranch spent a lot of time, money, and went through a whole lot of cattle before finally breeding the "Monkey" bull that became the foundation sire of the Santa Gertrudis breed. The black Hereford is a good concept; I am just not convinced that your team is capable of making this really happen.

What happened to Monty? He looks like he was getting the job done and he is only two. Is Tex Tux REALLY an upgrade?

SF":1lhmdpgn said:

I think I took this wrong. I though you were speaking to me instead of being general...or were you? That is why I answered that it is not about opinions, because my comments were eluding to his bull as an investment of his! So if they were directed at me then my comment stands as is! :D

texbulldog can take more than most of us can dish out on this board. Those that are involved in the "Black Hereford" deal have taken a lot of flack from many who are better than us at it.

I'm glad to see you know him so intimately....I don't! :shock: :D ;-)

Don't believe I or anyone else told him to throw it all away..

I guess telling the man he is better off to steer him, and that you would not want his calves, and that he is not what would make a good herd bull (in you opininon of course) is different then telling him to throw him away! :shock:

If he posts pics of his cows on this board and asks for opinions on them, I'm sure he will get them. Some favorable, some not. There aren't any perfect cattle, just different.

It's not anyones opinions that are in question here. It's how some of the comments were worded, and eluded to the bull being a poor investment. I think you have to walk in someones shoes before you can tell them the animal isn't fit for breeding his cattle, or that you critizize to the point you make them think they have made a bad decision.

:lol: Oh I'm not being snippy. I just wish I had some that were smaller. I could sell them for more money. I don't care what you think of my "midgets". Took me awhile to get used to em too. I just like the money. :lol: By the way it feels good. Can't you tell. :lol:

:lol: More power to you SF! Glad to see you have a good market. You raise them any smaller and you won't get near as many steaks! ;-)

1848":2zy07yxi said:
Gee folks, (texbulldog)

I hope you didn't spend your savings here, cause by the sound of many people posting, you should be feeling sick to your stomach about now. Don't worry, just post some pics of his offspring in 9 months and show us what he did...or didn't! ;-)

Don't let SF get you down. They raise pint size animals anyway! :lol: It's easy to feed out the short ones and get them to look like they have loads of muscle and volume. :D :p

..and caustic is always that way...even with his own hachet a*sed females! :D

Now 1848 thats intresting about my hatchet assed cows when you have never seen them clairvoyant now aint ya. By the way that real Hereford bull is mine that Camp posted fixin to breed one of them hatchet assed cows. I did buy the bull off of Camp.

Latest posts