Help with amazon, can't ship 2 your address. Huh!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I been trying to order some sausage processing items from amazon, which I have gotten the exact same thing 3 or 4 times before from amazon. It's dale's steak seasoning, for full disclosure. Like I said I use it a lot and have ordered it 3 or 4 times before, but they could not ship to my PO box ..... Why? I ordered it from EBay without any problem and it's shipping. Why can amazon no longer ship to my address that they have shipped to a three or four times before. I'm just hoping for an education with Amazon, I don't understand. :? And if you're curious try contacting Amazon to ask a question.

Alan":310kxife said:
I been trying to order some sausage processing items from amazon, which I have gotten the exact same thing 3 or 4 times before from amazon. It's dale's steak seasoning, for full disclosure. Like I said I use it a lot and have ordered it 3 or 4 times before, but they could not ship to my PO box ..... Why? I ordered it from EBay without any problem and it's shipping. Why can amazon no longer ship to my address that they have shipped to a three or four times before. I'm just hoping for an education with Amazon, I don't understand. :? And if you're curious try contacting Amazon to ask a question.

Was there a new stipulation that they want an actual mailing address and not a PO box anymore ?

There was five total items I ordered, all to a PO box, all shipped except the sauce. And I have ordered the same product a few times with amazon. I have it coming from EBay, no problem. :?

Are you actually ordering from Amazon, or are you ordering through Amazon, and it is being shipped by another company?

Well, I don't shop amazon much but starting to like it more. I got the same product to a PO box from eBay with no problem. I don't know if it was the same shipper, it was not a amazon direct shipping.

But another problem is we do not have juniper berries sold out here, I have bought them twice from amazon, now they are an add on item only. Meaning I have to purchase $25 from amazon direct to be a ble to buy them. :? I guess I'm still a low tech guy.

Chances are that the seller doesn't ship USPS. That's the only way to get shipped to a PO box.

Here are a couple of other options for the juniper berries on Amazon. FYI, if you buy the prime membership everything fulfilled by Amazon includes free, upgraded 2 day shipping. It also gives you additional discounts, lots of free streaming and 1 free kindle rental per month. If you think you're likely to start buying from them, it's a great deal just for the shipping, and discounts, especially on larger ticket items, but the free streaming is the reason I originally joined. The rate is going up to $99/year, but I don't think that's going to happen for a few months

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FDBULC/?tag=cattletoday00-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002NYO8Y/?tag=cattletoday00-20

Alan":2jxa1ask said:
There was five total items I ordered, all to a PO box, all shipped except the sauce. And I have ordered the same product a few times with amazon. I have it coming from EBay, no problem. :?
Maybe the sauce has recently been reclassified as a WMD or Hazmat? What's in the sauce Alan? ;-)
Joking aside, I have recently had the same problem with other sauces and hybrid/sauce mixes. It may be the common carrier having changed the rules. Glad you found a way to get it. Might consider a bulk order next time, soon. Stock up now. There may be a possession limit soon or banned completely.

WOW! those Juniper berries are expensive. I don't pay no where near that for mine, I get them in our local supermarket or the health food store. Looks like they may be in short supply soon from an article I read in the paper. then the price will sky rocket I bet.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... years.html

Roast Duck and Juniper berries is a nice meal. if your not making gin with them.

When you order it, ask them if UPS is delivering it, as they don't deliver to PO Boxes. Neither will Fed-Ex. If that is who they have their current contract to ship packages with, then they will not be able to use your PO Box number. When they were delivering Dale's to your PO Box to the Post Office, then the Postal Service had the shipping contract for Amazon. Here, at the present time, UPS delivers Amazon.
At different times of the year, the contracts will run out and the other delivery companies make bids on their service. So they have changed their service. Sometimes the shipper will make them unhappy and they will stop shipping with them. Also, UPS will send some packages to the Post Office, and then the mail man will take them to the houses. I don't think I have seen an Amazon package go through like that before. You must give them a home address to leave your package now.
If you cannot have it delivered to your address at home, send it to an alternate address, like a neighbor or a friend.

I worked for UPS for 23 years, and I now can say, I am free at last! :banana:

CottageFarm":1gs6p8ra said:
Chances are that the seller doesn't ship USPS. That's the only way to get shipped to a PO box.

Here are a couple of other options for the juniper berries on Amazon. FYI, if you buy the prime membership everything fulfilled by Amazon includes free, upgraded 2 day shipping. It also gives you additional discounts, lots of free streaming and 1 free kindle rental per month. If you think you're likely to start buying from them, it's a great deal just for the shipping, and discounts, especially on larger ticket items, but the free streaming is the reason I originally joined. The rate is going up to $99/year, but I don't think that's going to happen for a few months

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FDBULC/?tag=cattletoday00-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002NYO8Y/?tag=cattletoday00-20

Thanks Cottage! Everything you said makes sense sounds like the supplier has shipping limitations, I'll order from your link. :tiphat:

Thanks Chrisy for the link, hard to believe I added Juniper berries to my dooms day prepping stock. :lol:

And thanks to all the responders, it got a little frustrating while I was ordering. Another side line on shipping surprises, I recently ordered some high temp cheese. I went to pick it up at post office but they needed proof of age over 18yr old and a signature. The ladies at the PO knows me well and it was quite the laugh when I showed them what was inside the box. No idea why high temp cheese has some shipping restrictions on it.