____________ proteins
_____________fats
_____________drink
_____________Sugars if any-solid or liquid form

2. Lunch whether at home or on the go:
____________ Proteins
____________Fats
____________Drink
_____________Sugars (if any in any form)

3. Dinner (or supper as we call it)
_____________ Proteins
_____________Fats
_____________Drink
_____________ Sugars if any-any form.

An rough example of what I'm looking for:
Lunch
2-3 boiled eggs Proteins
a chunk of smoked ham Fats
whole milk or water Drink
????? ketogenic monk fruit desert Sugars
(I really have no idea what monkfruit is but it's on the 'good list' of sugars)

(trying to get my head around how this works in practical/real life)
Well no I don't pocess possess the equipment in my jacket pocket but I'll do my best for you.

Yesterday
Breakfast
Coffee with a little butter
3 eggs scrambled with butter and cheddar cheese. A few slices of homegrown bacon .

Lunch I skipped yesterday. But it could be a can of sardines. Cheeseburger chunk the bread. Something like that.

Last night we had a simple supper of pan browned ground pork and cabbage.
Tonight will be a ribeye that's thawing.

GB since things have gotten under control I do eat dessert just not every meal or day. A few days a week I eat a scoop of ice cream or my favorite a waffle with lots of butter and low sugar syrup. I still try to get 70 percent of my calories from fat. Multiple cardiologist and cardio surgeon have said if it's working do it. I'm prolly stupid for listening to them and my body instead of caustic burno. But you know....

That said for this way of eating to work you have to eliminate all the sugar and carbs you possibly can. If you eat 70 percent fat and cheat with a little sugar you'll get fat like finished steer.

If you want to join me for supper sometime it's not far at all.

Well no I don't pocess possess the equipment in my jacket pocket but I'll do my best for you.

Yesterday
Breakfast
Coffee with a little butter
3 eggs scrambled with butter and cheddar cheese. A few slices of homegrown bacon .

Lunch I skipped yesterday. But it could be a can of sardines. Cheeseburger chunk the bread. Something like that.

Last night we had a simple supper of pan browned ground pork and cabbage.
Tonight will be a ribeye that's thawing.

GB since things have gotten under control I do eat dessert just not every meal or day. A few days a week I eat a scoop of ice cream or my favorite a waffle with lots of butter and low sugar syrup. I still try to get 70 percent of my calories from fat. Multiple cardiologist and cardio surgeon have said if it's working do it. I'm prolly stupid for listening to them and my body instead of caustic burno. But you know....

That said for this way of eating to work you have to eliminate all the sugar and carbs you possibly can. If you eat 70 percent fat and cheat with a little sugar you'll get fat like finished steer.

If you want to join me for supper sometime it's not far at all.
Sorry I drink coffee and water. I really like the carbonated water. It's a decent replacement for beer.
Probably my biggest vice right now is zero sugar energy drinks. I'm sure they're not healthy but certainly better than soft drinks

Sorry I drink coffee and water. I really like the carbonated water. It's a decent replacement for beer.
Probably my biggest vice right now is zero sugar energy drinks. I'm sure they're not healthy but certainly better than soft drinks
Thanks, that 'menu' was kinda what I was looking for.
I've always tried to avoid very much fat after my bypass surgery but I might try some of yours, tho our ages and medical history are significantly different.

I keep hearing good things about cheeses and coffee tho and I am a coffee ADDICT! I probably shouldn't drink as much but 12 cups a day would be a slow day for me. Can't remember the last time I had a dessert but I do put about 1/4 teaspoon of stevia in my coffee.
I can eat a lot of dang cabbage too. Bacon..too much salt for me.

Do you get any of your fats from good link sausage?
(not talking about the cheap crap that looks like hotdog 'meat' inside)

One of the things I think I do wrong is to eat too late at night and skip breakfast.

Tried to call you but it went to voice mail and said your box is full.

Thanks, that 'menu' was kinda what I was looking for.
I've always tried to avoid very much fat after my bypass surgery but I might try some of yours, tho our ages and medical history are significantly different.

I keep hearing good things about cheeses and coffee tho and I am a coffee ADDICT! I probably shouldn't drink as much but 12 cups a day would be a slow day for me. Can't remember the last time I had a dessert but I do put about 1/4 teaspoon of stevia in my coffee.
I can eat a lot of dang cabbage too. Bacon..too much salt for me.

Do you get any of your fats from good link sausage?
(not talking about the cheap crap that looks like hotdog 'meat' inside)

One of the things I think I do wrong is to eat too late at night and skip breakfast.

Tried to call you but it went to voice mail and said your box is full.
I had to quit coffee (damn, damn, damn) and can only drink decaf. I found some cappuccino mix that replaces both ice cream and coffee for me.

We are down to two meals a day and have found it very easy. Don't eat until hungry in the morning, about 10 am, and then we eat by 5:30pm and done for the day. Eating early also helps with acid reflux.

I guess it's obvious that eating healthy is expensive eating bad is very cheap I think it's that way for a reason ??
I'm not real sure I even believe the word organic when I see it on something anymore do you?
It's not like we've been lied to before?
Are you kidding? Processed foods are far more expensive than fresh.

Not necessarily. Pasta is cheap. Low quality processed meats are cheaper than whole cuts. White bread is cheaper than whole grain.
I don't believe that precludes eating healthy. One of my favorite meals is Raman (cheap) with fresh veggies cooked with the noodles. I know I can buy fresh meats for less per pound than bologna, and eggs are still reasonable compared to processed meats. Portion control is easier using fresh foods too. Every white bread I see has the same brand of whole wheat right next to it that is priced the same. A lot of the cheaper breads have less added sugar.

The real issue is convenience. People that don't want to cook eat crap. If they can't microwave something they feel abused. And then they have to finish the 64 ounces of chemically enhanced and sugar laden lasagna because they don't like leftovers.

Last edited:
I don't believe that precludes eating healthy. One of my favorite meals is Raman (cheap) with fresh veggies cooked with the noodles. I know I can buy fresh meats for less per pound than bologna, and eggs are still reasonable compared to processed meats. Portion control is easier using fresh foods too. Every white bread I see has the same brand of whole wheat right next to it that is priced the same.

The real issue is convenience. People that don't want to cook eat crap. If they can't microwave something they feel abused. And then they have to finish the 64 ounces of chemically enhanced and sugar laden lasagna because they don't like leftovers.
I don't eat Ramen noodles, no way no how!! Microwave is for heating up cold coffee or maybe thawing/defrosting something. (My microwave is probably 20 years old. I do ALL the cooking in the house and have for about 15 years. All the gro shopping too.
(Was a single parent of 4 kids..I HAD to learn to cook.) I can use a sewing machine too but not very good. Just good enough to patch things or maybe make cloth bags.

I don't believe that precludes eating healthy. One of my favorite meals is Raman (cheap) with fresh veggies cooked with the noodles. I know I can buy fresh meats for less per pound than bologna, and eggs are still reasonable compared to processed meats. Portion control is easier using fresh foods too. Every white bread I see has the same brand of whole wheat right next to it that is priced the same. A lot of the cheaper breads have less added sugar.

We must not shop at the same place.

Sounds like you found something that works and that's good. It's interesting that you say you do eat some sweets. The energy drinks surprised me too, which ones do you drink? Is the carbonated water Topo Chico?

I've admittedly got a terrible diet. I'd have a really hard time not eating bread and corn. Sugary snacks I could do without. For the last year there's days were I go through a period of just not feeling right then later on I'll feel fine. It's got to be someting I'm eating or not getting in my system. I also eat allot of fast food when I'm working. Neither of us have a craving for fast food like allot of people do so on our days off we eat very liitle fast food unless we are on the road. I've read about the diet your on and people talk about how hard it is for someone that's on the go or works shift work to maintain. I'm not trying to say you don't have a hectic schedule but I've just read that's It's hard to maintain. Especially if you have an active social life which luckily we do not have. 😄

You pretty well hit it right there. I will add that it's not all lazyness. Busy busy schedules play a big part. Most days I'm away from the house for 14-15 hours. Leaving at 5:45 am and not getting back in till around 8pm makes it hard to eat like youd like to. It's possible because I've done it but after awhile it wears on you.

Sounds like you found something that works and that's good. It's interesting that you say you do eat some sweets. The energy drinks surprised me too, which ones do you drink? Is the carbonated water Topo Chico?

I've admittedly got a terrible diet. I'd have a really hard time not eating bread and corn. Sugary snacks I could do without. For the last year there's days were I go through a period of just not feeling right then later on I'll feel fine. It's got to be someting I'm eating or not getting in my system. I also eat allot of fast food when I'm working. Neither of us have a craving for fast food like allot of people do so on our days off we eat very liitle fast food unless we are on the road. I've read about the diet your on and people talk about how hard it is for someone that's on the go or works shift work to maintain. I'm not trying to say you don't have a hectic schedule but I've just read that's It's hard to maintain. Especially if you have an active social life which luckily we do not have. 😄
If I eat French fries from a fast food place I notice a real blah feeling in about forty-five minutes. The more of them I eat the worse the feeling is. I don't eat them anymore. And I don't order drinks in those places either.
Sandwiches only, and even then I throw a lot of the bun away.

I've shopped in a lot of places. If I can't eat cheaper by cooking fresh meats and veggies I'd probably be shopping at some kind of trendy organic place.
I've never seen whole wheat and white bread priced the same. A pound of bologna at Wal-mart is $1.48. The only thing you're getting cheaper than that is bulk or whole chicken, and a significant portion of that will be inedible. If you can make fresh meats and veggies cheaper than a 34 cent box of mac and cheese, good for you.

This is an interesting topic thanks Fence. Fortunately I have not had issues with my blood sugars I just have to keep on a low fibre diet. I am conscious that some things I eat may put a bit of pressure on my sugar levels. My cholesterol has been OK so reading this gives food for thought.

Ken

Latest posts