Delay onset of type 1 diabetes

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty sure the cure will be genetic manipulation. Have you heard about the gene therapy that has been used to cure sickle cell anemia? I'm sure something similar is being developed for diabetes, but they are probably still developing ways to maximize profit before releasing it.
The thing is, gene therapy cures don't stop the problem because people will still pass on the genes to their kids. Diabetes is more prevalent over time because those with the factors are surviving to breed.

Diabetes is more prevalent over time because those with the factors are surviving to breed.
That, depends on their age at time of onset or discovery, especially in Type2.
Not very many quinquagenarians, sexagenarians, septuagenarians or octogenarians fathering children or getting pregnant, tho with the use of little blue pill type meds it's possibly more than in previous generations..

But, even if a person that has not yet exhibited symptoms or developed either type, if the genetic predilection is there, that likelihood of developing either type can be passed on and done so from a very young age beginning at the onset of sexual activity..

We all are going to die from something and all of us have weaknesses, but it is good to hear some medical news to make life on earth better. Diabetes runs in my family tree on my mothers side, but so far that has not showed up with me, but the afib in the tree has and in the last 15-20 years science has done wonders with that. This age thing can makes things pop up an it doesn't take long to get there.

The age of death comparison between people with and without diabetes isn't all that great.

Upon analysis, investigators found the average person with type 1 diabetes was 42.8 years of age and had a life expectancy from now of 32.6 more years. In comparison, people the same age without diabetes were expected to live 40.2 years from now.
For type 2 diabetes, the average patient was 65.4 years old and had a life expectancy from now of 18.6 years. In comparison, patients the same age without diabetes were expected to live 20.3 years from now.

We all are going to die from something and all of us have weaknesses, but it is good to hear some medical news to make life on earth better. Diabetes runs in my family tree on my mothers side, but so far that has not showed up with me, but the afib in the tree has and in the last 15-20 years science has done wonders with that. This age thing can makes things pop up an it doesn't take long to get there.
Thank God for science......

Pretty sure the cure will be genetic manipulation. Have you heard about the gene therapy that has been used to cure sickle cell anemia? I'm sure something similar is being developed for diabetes, but they are probably still developing ways to maximize profit before releasing it.
The thing is, gene therapy cures don't stop the problem because people will still pass on the genes to their kids. Diabetes is more prevalent over time because those with the factors are surviving to breed.
Not really you take Native American are at the highest risk of developing diabetes.
We literally jerked Stone Age man into the 20th century overnight.
They were not ready for the diet.
Sugar consumption by the average American today is over 100 pounds a year, corn fructose is in everything.

That, depends on their age at time of onset or discovery, especially in Type2.
Not very many quinquagenarians, sexagenarians, septuagenarians or octogenarians fathering children or getting pregnant, tho with the use of little blue pill type meds it's possibly more than in previous generations..

But, even if a person that has not yet exhibited symptoms or developed either type, if the genetic predilection is there, that likelihood of developing either type can be passed on and done so from a very young age beginning at the onset of sexual activity..
Yeah, the genetic heritability really only applies to type 1. People with type 1 diabetes are becoming a larger percentage of the population.

Not really you take Native American are at the highest risk of developing diabetes.
We literally jerked Stone Age man into the 20th century overnight.
They were not ready for the diet.
Sugar consumption by the average American today is over 100 pounds a year, corn fructose is in everything.
Most of indigenous populations acquiring diabetes is weight and diet related rather than the heritable type 1 diabetes. I should have been more clear.

Most of indigenous populations acquiring diabetes is weight and diet related rather than the heritable type 1 diabetes. I should have been more clear.
That's correct. Type 2 is not diabetes.
It's almost always related to diet. Some People are definitely more or less sensitive to sugar but most type 2 diabetics can control their blood sugar through diet. The fact is Most Americans would rather eat sugar and carbs and take pills. Just another form of addict.

The age of death comparison between people with and without diabetes isn't all that great.

Upon analysis, investigators found the average person with type 1 diabetes was 42.8 years of age and had a life expectancy from now of 32.6 more years. In comparison, people the same age without diabetes were expected to live 40.2 years from now.
For type 2 diabetes, the average patient was 65.4 years old and had a life expectancy from now of 18.6 years. In comparison, patients the same age without diabetes were expected to live 20.3 years from now.
I am getting closer to that 84 years old every day.

Hopefully we are getting closer to a cure.

Be great if they can ! Horrible way to live on insulin shot or pump. Problem is it happens to a lot of pre teenagers for some reason.
My family has quite a few type I as well, it struck when they were 12-14 years old.
Edit.
This is where I think we can't outrun our DNA.
It's always the girls on type 1.

Last edited:
That's correct. Type 2 is not diabetes.
It's almost always related to diet. Some People are definitely more or less sensitive to sugar but most type 2 diabetics can control their blood sugar through diet. The fact is Most Americans would rather eat sugar and carbs and take pills. Just another form of addict.
They've done studies with mice and got them addicted to cocaine then introduce them to sugar, somehow they give them the option of either but can't get both and they choose the sugar every time. It is very addictive and if you go in a grocery store just about everything in there is sugar and carbs.
I was in the grocery store a while back and there was an older couple who had what looked to be their grandchildren with them, I got the impression they were raising them, the kids were wild and the grandparents seemed frustrated trying to control them. Looked in their buggy and what did I see, sugary cereals, sodas, chips, pastas, poptarts,little debbies, I wanted to tell them that that was the reason them kids are wild, they're eating pure sugar.

Latest posts